6400-series Nova LFS - Updates & Retirements

sw4400

I went up north this past week and two #6700's (#6724 & #6758) in particular I rode on compared to #6877 had transmissions issues and the tune of the engines had a small death tick to them. Surprisingly riding on former 74th's #6877 on Rt.54A was a blast getting up to 50mph at points along Cicero, it still sounds good and runs great. 

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

What is the community bus for?

I remember that community bus former 6472 that bus looks brand new when they switched it I had said it like a week before it was retired & transformed it was on Central & Chicago doing #85 the driver side was leaning hard as hell lol they right back side was all in the air then a week later I see a pic of how it was transformed

Did you guys know I saw a 60s era flx work bus out at 55th around michigan over there by the green line. They still have flx work buses? It was fenced in a yard on the south side of the street maybe its bring towed around dont know. If I get back over there I'll get a fleet number. I thought it might have been bw2 dont know. 

30 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Did you guys know I saw a 60s era flx work bus out at 55th around michigan over there by the green line. They still have flx work buses? It was fenced in a yard on the south side of the street maybe its bring towed around dont know. If I get back over there I'll get a fleet number. I thought it might have been bw2 dont know. 

It's at 55th and Prairie and is numbered BW-62. Based on its position and unusual modifications (look at the "windows" around the driver's seat), it's definitely not used by CTA anymore.

2 hours ago, Pace831 said:

It's at 55th and Prairie and is numbered BW-62. Based on its position and unusual modifications (look at the "windows" around the driver's seat), it's definitely not used by CTA anymore.

I wonder what bus that is? Looks like it could be a 3700 series but I'd have to see it up close. The windows are just boarded up. Most likely it has something in it cta does not want everyone to see. It appears with the window cutout it may have been drivable at some time but I doubt that's the case today. Why do you say it's not in use by cta it has a fleet number. Are you saying its independently owned?

6 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I wonder what bus that is? Looks like it could be a 3700 series but I'd have to see it up close. The windows are just boarded up. Most likely it has something in it cta does not want everyone to see. It appears with the window cutout it may have been drivable at some time but I doubt that's the case today. Why do you say it's not in use by cta it has a fleet number. Are you saying its independently owned?

It looks to be on somewhat permanent display, as they built a concrete pad for it to sit on (see the September 2017 street view). There’s also what appears to be a trailer at the opposite end of the lot on a similar pad. The property seems designed like some sort of community park or art installation, and the “graffiti” may have been sanctioned. I don’t know where the owner got the bus, but I doubt CTA would store a bus at this location rather than an existing facility like South Shops.

Address is 220 E 55th. The Recorder of Deeds shows the lot is tax exempt, but doesn’t list the mailing address of the owner.

19 hours ago, BusHunter said:

From the CPTB Wiki BW-62 was cta Flxible 3549

• Thanks 1

Here's my updates thus far as of today(still can fluctuate from day to day)....

On Long-Term Hold due to being inactive for over 30 days now

6466,6468,6470,6473,6474,6477,6488,6553,6554,6558,6562,6564,6574,6576,6577,6579,6581,6585,6674,6694,6696,6697,6842

Gone for over 20 days without sighting on tracker or visually

Gone for over 10 days without sighting on tracker or visually

I haven't seen 6472, though I haven't looked for it @andrethebusman. Is it active on roster, or just on roster but inactive? My roster went from 6470 to 6473-6474(6471 and 6472 I had as "Retired")

6472 April 9, 2019.png