6400-series Nova LFS - Updates & Retirements

sw4400

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ajay said:

Heres 6759 on the 76.  I uploaded these three because this bus is a rare catch for a old novabus. Can you see why i said that?

20190517_224602(1).jpg

Screenshot_2019-05-17-23-12-12.png

Screenshot_2019-05-17-23-19-27.png

I'm excited to see this video of your bus but the problem is that you made a premiere and I will be gone at noon making videos of Pace Buses. I may come back home around 2:00 PM.

3 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I'm excited to see this video of your bus but the problem is that you made a premiere and I will be gone at noon making videos of Pace Buses. I may come back home around 2:00 PM.

Oh. I premiered it because i didn't feel like uploaded it today as i might forget. 

Edited by ajay
Just didn't want to say oh.

7 hours ago, ajay said:

Correct. I never noticed that until i was looking at the video. That is very rare to see.

Reminds me of now retired Flxible 6201, which had the current logo on the front and the old speedline logo on the sides and back.

1 hour ago, cta5658 said:

Reminds me of now retired Flxible 6201, which had the current logo on the front and the old speedline logo on the sides and back.

Apologies for the slight diversion off topic, but I liked the speedline logo better than the coin. 

• 2 weeks later...

I laugh so hard when I read posts saying "its rare to see an old Nova"  Really???  Thats pretty much all we see around Jeff Pk!  We see more "old Novas" and NFs than any new Novas! I   rarely see any 8349s since CTA only decided to give them 6!!!  I have not even ridden on one yet because theyre so few of them up here!

On 6/4/2019 at 11:59 AM, CTA5750 said:

I laugh so hard when I read posts saying "its rare to see an old Nova"  Really???  Thats pretty much all we see around Jeff Pk!  We see more "old Novas" and NFs than any new Novas! I   rarely see any 8349s since CTA only decided to give them 6!!!  I have not even ridden on one yet because theyre so few of them up here!

Not trying to be a smart a but true you see old novas at Jefferson Park but I said that because it has two logos on it. Probably not the only unit because 6706 had it too. And it is so hard to catch those 8325 Series at Forest Glen. I mean WTH? And I'm not surprised u haven't rode one of them yet. And now if you think about it,you is right about those old novas. 

On 6/9/2019 at 2:22 AM, ajay said:

Not trying to be a smart a but true you see old novas at Jefferson Park but I said that because it has two logos on it. Probably not the only unit because 6706 had it too. And it is so hard to catch those 8325 Series at Forest Glen. I mean WTH? And I'm not surprised u haven't rode one of them yet. And now if you think about it,you is right about those old novas. 

All I see more are old Novas and NFs, including new unfamiliar numbers popping up! Makes me think FG is getting more NFs to replace a Nova  But old Novas are still very well available I ride into Jeff Pk every day! Rarely do I see an "8325"  I see mostly old Novas and lots of NFs. 

2 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

All I see more are old Novas and NFs, including new unfamiliar numbers popping up! Makes me think FG is getting more NFs to replace a Nova  But old Novas are still very well available I ride into Jeff Pk every day! Rarely do I see an "8325"  I see mostly old Novas and lots of NFs. 

Isn't the 77 run out of FG with all 7900s?

I see 6755 when on the not seen list for over 5 or 10 days but I just saw it on Central and Bloomingdale Thursday morning going north at 8 something in the morning then tonight I was outsouth by 7 & seen it sitting next to 6684 on the 9 when they park them by the gate is it for repairs or to be checked out to see if they still fit for service or retired 

Why is this retirement taking so long? CTA has enough new flyer 1000s and nova 7900s to where buses can be swapped and moved around to retire the old novas. I’m pretty sure every garage has about 15-20 flyers they can send to FG and pull the old novas out of service. I hope one day the old novas fall apart on route like the Nabis did that way CTA has to be forced to pull them out of service. Is it going to hurt to up and pull every nova 6400 out of service? It’s only like 80 buses left. 

24 minutes ago, Manny018 said:

Why is this retirement taking so long? CTA has enough new flyer 1000s and nova 7900s to where buses can be swapped and moved around to retire the old novas. I’m pretty sure every garage has about 15-20 flyers they can send to FG and pull the old novas out of service. I hope one day the old novas fall apart on route like the Nabis did that way CTA has to be forced to pull them out of service. Is it going to hurt to up and pull every nova 6400 out of service? It’s only like 80 buses left. 

If it were that simple the CTA would have done it a long time ago but its not. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3