sw4400

6400-series Nova LFS - Updates & Retirements

Was by SS snapped a few pics video coming later on 6474 moved from being mirror to mirror in the boneyard to up front a few buses down from 6562 & 6722 at SS also

IMG_20200202_132156891_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200202_132205634_HDR.jpg

On 1/31/2020 at 6:14 PM, WCR said:

20 Proterras won't be nearly enough to bump off the rest of the 6400s. There's supposed to be a diesel order placed sometime later this year to replace the 6400s and the early Flyers. At least that's what I've heard.

This is actually a pretty cool idea for CTA!. I wonder why they wouldnt take advantage of such an idea. A money saver in the long run! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

This is actually a pretty cool idea for CTA!. I wonder why they wouldnt take advantage of such an idea. A money saver in the long run! 

To be totally honest I don't think electric buses can handle Chicago weather 24/7 through all types of Chicago weather 

4 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

That idea's been on my mind ever since the 1st time I've heard of CCW. & I totally agree. CTA should look at this option. It would save them a real good chunk.

37 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

To be totally honest I don't think electric buses can handle Chicago weather 24/7 through all types of Chicago weather 

Well toronto has electric novas and xcelsiors they've been testing for a few years now and they have harsher winters than Chicago. 

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well toronto has electric novas and xcelsiors they've been testing for a few years now and they have harsher winters than Chicago. 

I'm talking about a entire fleet of them like replacing all the gas buses with electric 

2 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

I'm talking about a entire fleet of them like replacing all the gas buses with electric 

King County Metro has an electric fleet wired and non wired,Muni also comes to mind as well having a small fleet of electric buses as well.

2 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

King County Metro has an electric fleet wired and non wired,Muni also comes to mind as well having a small fleet of electric buses as well.

Yea I get a small fleet I was just thinking that they might try to go with a fleet of all electric buses in the future

On 2/7/2020 at 1:28 PM, YoungBusLover said:

CTA could probably invest in maybe 20 for starters  See how they operate for a year and then depending on the outcome decide or not whether to pursue this option. Either way, I think its worth a look! 

• Like 1