sw4400

The Breakdown Thread

6 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

So many of these types of batteries are combusting while charging. Remember the hoverboard fiasco.

I needed you for me to recall it  As what was explained then, H is atomic number 1 and Li isn't chemically much different at atomic number 3.

I see that the article you posted while I was typing also went into it.

Looking at math's tracker, it looks like the last time 700 was out at 5 pm was Aug.16.

Strangely,  701 dropped from sight after Aug. 11, but was back Aug. 29 and 30. Doesn't look like since then.

I don't claim that this search is exhaustive.

5 minutes ago, Tcmetro said:

According to Math's tracker, 701 is currently on the 79.

It’s been operating at 77th for quite a while now. 

On 9/27/2017 at 0:56 PM, Busjack said:

...Strangely,  701 dropped from sight after Aug. 11, but was back Aug. 29 and 30. Doesn't look like since then....

3 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

According to Math's tracker, 701 is currently on the 79.

3 hours ago, garmon757 said:

It’s been operating at 77th for quite a while now. 

As I noted above, that wasn't the issue, but that it had dropped off the tracker about when 700 must have burned.

7 hours ago, Busjack said:

As I noted above, that wasn't the issue, but that it had dropped off the tracker about when 700 must have burned.

Oh I see. It might have been a ghost bus consistently. 

2 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Oh I see. It might have been a ghost bus consistently. 

I tend to doubt it. There might be another reason why it was not out p.m. rush hour, since, as I noted my search was not exhaustive. I would need data mining software to do it. Maybe @maths22 has it.

Another thing I probed was that 701 was on block 79-765 or 79-766, but the previous day 1232 was on 79-765 and 7924 was on 79-766; the day before 1273 and 1295. So it wasn't ghosting on those blocks those days.

10 hours ago, Busjack said:

I tend to doubt it. There might be another reason why it was not out p.m. rush hour, since, as I noted my search was not exhaustive. I would need data mining software to do it. Maybe @maths22 has it.

Another thing I probed was that 701 was on block 79-765 or 79-766, but the previous day 1232 was on 79-765 and 7924 was on 79-766; the day before 1273 and 1295. So it wasn't ghosting on those blocks those days.

I believe #701 is restricted from operating full-time and block runs. Also, that's interesting because the last time I saw it on #79 was about a month ago and it was around 4pm. That's why I drew the speculation about being a ghost bus. 

I saw this tweet on Twitter a while back. 700 was on the road when it had that fire. It was on the 52.

701 is usually on 79-714 during the morning time and 79-766 during the evenings. The block number tends to change, but it is the same run. It has been 770, 769, and 765 according to maths22 tracker.

CF6031B3-1C06-47BF-AD8B-4C11D06823A4.png

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, sw4400 said:

#1679 is broke down on Kimball just south of Addison. 

Well luckily, I only be on that route on Wednesdays and Fridays  

1 hour ago, Ajdin Tabucic said:

What happens to 1679 

It gets towed to the garage and fixed.

In fact, I don't know why this thread is being maintained.