The Breakdown Thread

sw4400

12 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Don’t forget about #4399 also. 

I'm not sure to what you are referring. I did a search on the forum for 4399 and didn't find anything. 4323 got whacked, and 4333 burned, but supposedly there are 98 buses left.

On 12/18/2017 at 1:43 AM, mikeymc77 said:

1342 is most likely a goner. In a previous thread, it shows it started at Chicago Garage in January 2007. Its nearly 11 years old. From all of the smoke, it looks like there is probably significant damage.

Dang,I remember riding #1342 back when it was at 74th or 77th back before the rehabs started and it ran great. I would hope that its not a lost cause after seeing what #1482 or #1483 went through towards getting back into service. However you can't save them all though.

1342 is parked against the 79th Street fence. The burn damage visible from the exterior looks to have spread a little from what is visible in the first few seconds of the video. The right side has the most damage, and there are also burn marks visible on the left side and around the rear right lights. My guess is they won't repair the bus due to its age and severity of damage.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

4300 was turned over to 89th/Greenwood last year as a training tool. 

Do you even read what you quote, which was:

4 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:
  On 12/18/2017 at 4:16 PM, Busjack said:

I'm not sure to what you are referring. I did a search on the forum for 4399 and didn't find anything. 4323 got whacked, and 4333 burned, but supposedly there are 98 buses left.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:16 PM, Busjack said:

Statement of fact - 4399 is alive and kicking at NP, 4300 is at 89/Greenwood. 4323 and 4333 are LTH.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Alright I do have a couple PACE breakdowns: 6373 broken down near Ontario & Harlem at around 5:30 PM on October 9, 2017  and 6669 was broken down unknown of damage around 4:45 PM on October 19, 2017 near the new Target near Harlem & Lake.

This is a CTA breakdown thread.  There should be a Pace one in the Pace category.

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

This is a CTA breakdown thread.  There should be a Pace one in the Pace category.

True, except there really isn't a point to one, except the NABI could be listed on the roster page as potential scrap.

• 5 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Bus 6333 from Pace had an engine shutoff, but after it turned in again. Driver turned on reverse lights and the right one only turned on. Happened around 10:00 AM today

Besides this not being noteworthy, see what @artthouwill said above.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, KedziePink said:

4061 broke down on the EB #12 at Damen. All the passengers were waiting outside in the sweltering heat until 4030 arrived. I don't know how long they waited, since I was only passing by, but hopefully not too long.

LOL Sweltering heat??? Ever been to Arizona???

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well in Arizona there is more of a dry heat rather than a muggy high dew point heat up here in the midwest.

I live in Phoenix. When it gets above 95 or 100, dry/wet/otherwise, it is hot. If a bus broke down and I had to wait for a replacement the cell phone would come out and I'd be summoning lyft.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, mikeymc77 said:

LOL Sweltering heat??? Ever been to Arizona???

Whether it's Arizona or the Midwest, 90-plus temps is still hot and just as uncomfortable for any transit customer. So his point is still valid. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

#1874 broke down on #152 EB @ Addison and Elston. Apparent loss of air pressure in the braking system or an air ride suspension went out. Bus was driven by techs north on Kedzie after they did some high idling on the bus with accelerator held down. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1842 was on the 126 when it came to the Central & Harrison terminal at Columbus Park. I left 5 minutes. About 20 minutes later when I came back, that bus was sitting for at least an hour until the supervisor came at 1:05 today. Bus came at around 12:05 PM. Other buses passed 1842 at the area. 126 ends at the other side of the park, but when she left maybe her bus was breaking down when she came to the Harrison & Central side.

• 3 weeks later...