The Breakdown Thread

sw4400

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Had to study this one a bit and I still have questions.   It appears that the  bus jumped  the curb but I can't make  out what he hit.  My first guess is possibly  an overhead sign?  Maybe a station pillar?  It looks like the Orange Line  Western  station.

IIRC, it's the sign that tells you what bus route stops at this bus bay. In effect, the question here would be: "Why are you hitting yourself?"

5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Had to study this one a bit and I still have questions.   It appears that the  bus jumped  the curb but I can't make  out what he hit.  My first guess is possibly  an overhead sign?  Maybe a station pillar?  It looks like the Orange Line  Western  station.

Correct. It is at western.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Can't  tell  much from the article.   That intersection also includes South Chicago Avenue.  My guess is that it was a 71st street bus approaching the intersection.

I know that giant red fence, I think you're right on it being 71, but I believe it had crossed the intersection before hitting that pole.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the guardrail at Addison and California needs to be addressed or the WB Addison stop there needs to be moved across the street. I barely got to work today on-time because when we got to California, the driver opened the passenger doors to let a passenger off, and some Lane Tech H.S kids opened the rear doors by leaning on them or exiting through them(who knows). *sigh*...... and then this happened. Bus was disabled and had to sit while the Operator called control for instructions. I tried to assist in pushing the doors shut, but they were wedged up against the guardrail. Bus #8282.

20181114_154415.jpg

On 11/15/2018 at 1:01 AM, sw4400 said:

I think the guardrail at Addison and California needs to be addressed or the WB Addison stop there needs to be moved across the street. I barely got to work today on-time because when we got to California, the driver opened the passenger doors to let a passenger off, and some Lane Tech H.S kids opened the rear doors by leaning on them or exiting through them(who knows). *sigh*...... and then this happened. Bus was disabled and had to sit while the Operator called control for instructions. I tried to assist in pushing the doors shut, but they were wedged up against the guardrail. Bus #8282.

20181114_154415.jpg

that would not have happened if that bus was articulated

27 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

No, it wouldn't have. Instead, the articulated joint would've broken apart and in a flash of light, the bus would've spontaneously caught on fire as though someone had muttered the words "by the power of grayskull"

Only if it were a NABI or 4333.

I still remember this. It was between 2005-2008 before the 145 was discontinued. Me and my mom got on a NABI 60 LFW going home getting off the red line.The lights flicker on and off and the driver said the bus was breaking down. The bus pulled over at Wilson and Clark and we had to walk home. It wasnt a long walk because we stayed on Wilson and Ashland. However I still continue to ride on them. Ever since then I didn't have a problem with the NABI 60 LFWs.