The Breakdown Thread

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its just insane that with all the new bus and rail equipment, most of the city has access to it while one part of the city does not! Its clear CTA management has an issue with Forest Glen garage and t

I saw this tweet on Twitter a while back. 700 was on the road when it had that fire. It was on the 52. 701 is usually on 79-714 during the morning time and 79-766 during the evenings. The block n

So you're dying to see a 2nd gen Nova get retired?

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Yep. image.thumb.png.b7b0d2f02f59d61ad4d617739bd19348.pngimage.thumb.png.df680d964a109b9dde353b2b775b1a25.pngAnd here are the pictures I got from his video as proof they broke down with the engine covers up. I also rode 1166 in June which kind of makes this a little sad too.

Yea sometimes control tell you if you can make it to your layover spot or they will break doen at layover then they will bring you a new bus it aint like back in the day when the driver just stayed with the bus & be towed back a garage worker now brings you another bus to continue your run

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yea sometimes control tell you if you can make it to your layover spot or they will break doen at layover then they will bring you a new bus it aint like back in the day when the driver just stayed with the bus & be towed back a garage worker now brings you another bus to continue your run

In the case of the 28 at Union Station, 103rd is a mighty long way to bring a bus.  If its a.m. rush, should be easier to get a bus deadheading back to 193rd or a bus that would be stored downtown to swap.

58 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

In the case of the 28 at Union Station, 103rd is a mighty long way to bring a bus.  If its a.m. rush, should be easier to get a bus deadheading back to 103rd or a bus that would be stored downtown to swap.

Just corrected bro you had said 193rd when you ment 103rd but yea it is a long way I a decent drive also just not as long as 3 is but yea it may have been 1 stored down there 

• 4 weeks later...

1029 has been delayed at Central and Altgeld facing NB for minutes now. it's follower bus 6869 has just passed it and the next bus behind (1024) will pass it too. It just went off the tracker and that probably means it's broken down when follow buses pass it when it's stuck for a while.

Flip dot nova 6684 broke down on Harlem around 1:40 pm today. I saw it at 2:20 pm while riding 6826. Rear Engine door closed but there were two vans around it probably fixing up the bus. As of now there’s no replacement bus for that run and that bus’s block is before 6826 so passengers has to wait in the cold for 30 minutes. Luckily the 6826 driver was fast and we didn’t pick up too much people. 6684 is also a unit with the unusual transmission like 6710

D3B538A1-8485-4858-B18F-4C9F22F53ABA.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Flip dot nova 6684 broke down on Harlem around 1:40 pm today. I saw it at 2:20 pm while riding 6826. Rear Engine door closed but there were two vans around it probably fixing up the bus. As of now there’s no replacement bus for that run and that bus’s block is before 6826 so passengers has to wait in the cold for 30 minutes. Luckily the 6826 driver was fast and we didn’t pick up too much people. 6684 is also a unit with the unusual transmission like 6710

Harlem seems to get a lot of the 6400s with an occasional New Flyer or 7900.

5 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Harlem seems to get a lot of the 6400s with an occasional New Flyer or 7900.

Today we have 3 6400s and 3 1000s no newer novas. The old novas are getting more and more common on saturdays and last Saturday at 5pm there were 5 of them active and the only other bus was 8257. One of the novas (6724) replaced 1043 as well

23 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Ok they fixed it it’s operating again 

2 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Check out one of the 6710 videos posted on YouTube that’s what 6684 sounds like as well

Aw ok I aint notice I even drove 6710 & 6862 when they was at K before they went back in service they both felt different with the trans

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Oh cool. Any other novas with the trans like in 6710 and 6684 I didn't heard yet

Those was the few I did drive that many we had like 10 at the garage until they went back to FG & the last of the 64's & 65's never came back 

• 4 weeks later...