More Bus Moves

sw4400

I don't understand why FG don't have any NF why would they just give that garage all Novas and no NF. It has to be a method o the madness lol I really hope it does anyway cause its really not fair for whoever's in charge to do FG like that unless they take really goo care of their buses over there I really dont understand it. Now me personally I wouldn't mind at all cause I like the Novas but they're all old buses now and I'm assuming they may have a lot of breakdowns or maybe they don't.

Its plain ridiculous!!! The nw side bus and train riders are stuck riding the oldest buses and rail cars (Blue) in the system. Theres obviously a reason CTA is making sure riders on the nw side and FG operators are getting shunned! This IMO is intentional! Judging by the comments Im reading, Im not the only one here who is noticing this! Ive also spoken to FG operators I know and they are just po'd that they have nothing but old beat up equipment while all other garages have either new or rehabbed equipment!! They notice the trend going on that theyre getting all the beat up, "hand me down" buses!!

Wanted to share something with you guys that I noticed about about 74th pullouts to 79th and western. Did you know that when they pull out from they're garage headline to western that from 79th and Damen to western they're actually doing a route 79? Lol I saw that one time I was on my way home and was like since when does 74th does share the 79 with 77th garage?? Now I know this is in the wrong forum but I wanted to share before I forgot lol.

Wanted to share something with you guys that I noticed about about 74th pullouts to 79th and western. Did you know that when they pull out from they're garage headline to western that from 79th and Damen to western they're actually doing a route 79? Lol I saw that one time I was on my way home and was like since when does 74th does share the 79 with 77th garage?? Now I know this is in the wrong forum but I wanted to share before I forgot lol.

Can't quite follow you there.

If you are just saying that the pullout is via Ashland and 79th, that appears to be another example of the railroad situation west of Damen. No way to get across at 74th, so it is dealing with a grade crossing either at 71st or 79th. Supposedly street reliefs was one of the reasons 49 was assigned to Archer until that was no longer possible.

Now, if you are saying that they are actually doing 79 trips, that would be something different.

Also, note that the short trips on BusTracker for east-west routes (such as 55) are to Ashland, not Damen.

Can't quite follow you there.

If you are just saying that the pullout is via Ashland and 79th, that appears to be another example of the railroad situation west of Damen. No way to get across at 74th, so it is dealing with a grade crossing either at 71st or 79th. Supposedly street reliefs was one of the reasons 49 was assigned to Archer until that was no longer possible.

Now, if you are saying that they are actually doing 79 trips, that would be something different.

Also, note that the short trips on BusTracker for east-west routes (such as 55) are to Ashland, not Damen.

My mistake you're right I shoulda been more detailed on location but I meant to say that when they're heading to 79th western (to do a 49) they pull out the garage on 74th heading westbound to Damen to 79th and Damen. Then from there they do a slight route as a 79 to western.

My mistake you're right I shoulda been more detailed on location but I meant to say that when they're heading to 79th western (to do a 49) they pull out the garage on 74th heading westbound to Damen to 79th and Damen. Then from there they do a slight route as a 79 to western.

That's expected.

The only thing that would be an issue is whether they are "in service" when doing pullouts, You seem to indicate that they are, but haven't come out and said it. Similarly, is "almost everything" "in service" on route 106, because the buses have to get somehow from the 103 garage to the 95 and State station?

Who can spare buses for loans to FG that are actually close? 77th can afford to spare buses, but they are so far away.

On another note, when is Kedzie going to send their #1300s to rehab? They seem to be the closest garage that will loan that makes since (77th makes none). NP doesn't seem to want to share theirs and the only other garage that has them is 74th, which is, once again, far away to be loaning buses.

That's expected.

The only thing that would be an issue is whether they are "in service" when doing pullouts, You seem to indicate that they are, but haven't come out and said it. Similarly, is "almost everything" "in service" on route 106, because the buses have to get somehow from the 103 garage to the 95 and State station?

Yea they're actually in service route number and everything it's just the route so short with it being from 79th and Damen to western lol. But I still thought it was interesting to share for those who didn't know about it.

• Upvote 1

The northbound one between Diversey and Belmont just only just started this morning and another one a little farther up for southbound buses between Roscoe and Belmont started last night about 10 according to the CTA website. So you're probably not the only one who didn't know #49 buses got rerouted.

Then that means the #8000's will travel on Belmont, even if it is for only a block. :lol:

The northbound one between Diversey and Belmont just only just started this morning and another one a little farther up for southbound buses between Roscoe and Belmont started last night about 10 according to the CTA website. So you're probably not the only one who didn't know #49 buses got rerouted.

Are these detours related to tearing down the Western Ave. overpass?

Are these detours related to tearing down the Western Ave. overpass?

No. The southbound reroute, which is already gone by the way, was for some kind of street blockage. And the northbound one, set to be over Friday, Feb. 13, is for water main construction between Barry and Nelson.

#6558's had a few problems just now on the #65. The rear doors would not close. The operator told this one guy to get out of the way of the sensor Lol!! (I wish they were this technically advanced.) But the story was the doors didn't close even after she hit the kill switch which I never saw that happen before. She was out there pushing on the doors but that was no good. Finally the air pressure just released and they closed. Good cause the follower is 20 minutes behind.But we were stuck a good 5 minutes

Bus Moves as of 01/31/15

North Park

#1005 (Mr.Cta85, your thoughts about this weird move! :lol:)

Chicago

#1194 (Most likely a loan)

(#1963 #1970 (Both released from South Shops and need verification whether it's rehabbed or not))

74th

#1857 (Needs verification)

#6797 #6805 #6809 #6815 #6818

Bus Moves as of 01/31/15

North Park

#1005 (Mr.Cta85, your thoughts about this weird move! :lol:)

Chicago

#1194 (Most likely a loan)

(#1963 #1970 (Both released from South Shops and need verification whether it's rehabbed or not))

74th

#1857 (Needs verification)

#6797 #6805 #6809 #6815 #6818

I'm glad 1005 is gone good riddance lol. That bus sounds horrible.

Looks like the 6700's might be moving to 74th soon in exchange no doubt for the 6400's, 6500's and whatever 6600's are there.

If that's true my question is if they're also getting 8000's then why are they getting FG 6700's now?? They already have the 6800's. I'm assuming they want the Nova fleet(old and new) at 74th to resemble more with them all having the LED lighting??. Whatever the reason is its getting to the point where it's like slapping FG in the face and they just gotta take it smh.