More Bus Moves

sw4400

If that's true my question is if they're also getting 8000's then why are they getting FG 6700's now?? They already have the 6800's. I'm assuming they want the Nova fleet(old and new) at 74th to resemble more with them all having the LED lighting??. Whatever the reason is its getting to the point where it's like slapping FG in the face and they just gotta take it smh.

That's hard to say..... they might be setting up FG for the 8100's(if they are getting them & perhaps the option 8200-8349). Although that won't happen until 2016 at the earliest unless Nova can push out 8000-8099 by June and start the 8100's rolling in by Aug-Sep.

Even though, FG will be suffering with 6400's, 6500's and 6600's that have high mileage and are struggling mechanically now. I'd like to say that some relief with New Flyers might be headed their way, but they've been come and go, come and go(and now latest roster sync had none at FG again).

I don't get the LED lighting point..... the 6700's and 6800's have fluorescent lighting, not LED lighting. That quote stumps me....

That's hard to say..... they might be setting up FG for the 8100's(if they are getting them & perhaps the option 8200-8349). Although that won't happen until 2016 at the earliest unless Nova can push out 8000-8099 by June and start the 8100's rolling in by Aug-Sep.

Even though, FG will be suffering with 6400's, 6500's and 6600's that have high mileage and are struggling mechanically now. I'd like to say that some relief with New Flyers might be headed their way, but they've been come and go, come and go(and now latest roster sync had none at FG again).

I don't get the LED lighting point..... the 6700's and 6800's have fluorescent lighting, not LED lighting. That quote stumps me....

I mentioned the LED thing cause depending on the number of 6700's they get. I forget which number it is but the upper 6700's starting with 6750 I believe, they have the LED lightings.

Seems like FG is ending up with more 6400, 6500, 6600 series buses now! Thats all I see!! WTF???

I guess 74th's buses aren't new enough!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It's completely nuts anyway, they are sending these #6700's out to 74th only to bring them back. What do they think the #8000's are going to displace??? I guess next week FG will get the #6390's, they are hurting that bad!! :P If they really want to do this, and it's totally not fair, let's get it over with. I got to see what they'll send FG when there is no Novas to send them!! They have been working on sending these unrehabbed buses up north all week. It's no wonder #1005 is at NP. I think all these unrehabbed buses are destined for the north side in the next few weeks. They really are trying to make a gem of the south side, I'm just surprised the mayor puts up with this. It's getting where someone needs to lose their job, because this could almost be viewed as racist. :huh: There I said it!! But it's true. How else can you explain it. I think they have got away with a little bit of changes no one complained, so they are just going in full force now. Unfortunately we don't have a father Michael Pfleger on the north side. It a low day in Chicago transit. What a shame!! Everyone get in your cars you have my blessing!! I guess you can sum up CTA in this statement, "CTA is tales of two cities, Chicago Transit Authority for the south side, Cuban Transit Authority for the north side" :lol: :lol: :lol: What a Joke!!! :lol:

"end of rant, sorry guys"

I guess 74th's buses aren't new enough!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It's completely nuts anyway, they are sending these #6700's out to 74th only to bring them back. What do they think the #8000's are going to displace??? I guess next week FG will get the #6390's, they are hurting that bad!! :P If they really want to do this, and it's totally not fair, let's get it over with. I got to see what they'll send FG when there is no Novas to send them!! They have been working on sending these unrehabbed buses up north all week. It's no wonder #1005 is at NP. I think all these unrehabbed buses are destined for the north side in the next few weeks. They really are trying to make a gem of the south side, I'm just surprised the mayor puts up with this. It's getting where someone needs to lose their job, because this could almost be viewed as racist. :huh: There I said it!! But it's true. How else can you explain it. I think they have got away with a little bit of changes no one complained, so they are just going in full force now. Unfortunately we don't have a father Michael Pfleger on the north side. It a low day in Chicago transit. What a shame!! Everyone get in your cars you have my blessing!! I guess you can sum up CTA in this statement, "CTA is tales of two cities, Chicago Transit Authority for the south side, Cuban Transit Authority for the north side" :lol: :lol: :lol: What a Joke!!! :lol:

I have been saying that they should have reversed it and sent all un rehabbed busses to the south side. I say that because it cuts down on mileage to and from Cummins and the shop.

What if 74th or North Park sent their #1300's to FG in exchange for some of their 6400's etc (I can't see Kedzie sending theirs)? North Park already mercy loans the 77, 81, 81W, 84 and 85 anyhow, mostly during rush hour.

Also: the busfinder reports every southbound 57 as headed towards Forest Park Blue, instead of Cicero Blue. Is this an acutal change or typo?

Add 6401, 6403, 6405 and 6421 to F. All out in service on bustracker today.

The only logic is that 74th will end up all Nova with 8000 and 6800s with the older 6400s at F being replaced by cascaded New Flyers as more 8000 arrive?

That won't be for awhile as FG will most likely get the #6700's and #6800's when 74th no longer needs them or they'll go to Chicago and FG will get there novas. I updated the roster all low #6400's are at Fg. With #6479 and #6477 at the glen looks like they got some of the high #6400's too along with a few around #6680. The highest #6700 at the glen I can find is #6782. So anything higher is up in the air. The lowest 74th has in service is #6805.

I'm glad 1005 is gone good riddance lol. That bus sounds horrible.

Oh sure. Curse us north siders with it then since it sounds so bad, huh? :lol:

Looks like the 6700's might be moving to 74th soon in exchange no doubt for the 6400's, 6500's and whatever 6600's are there.

Well if 6800s have gone down to 74th, it's doubtful that 74th has very much left to trade on the Nova side because they're roughly 80 6800s and 74th's total Nova count for the last few weeks has dropped back down to about 119 after the NF count there went back up to about 149. Simply put there's only 30 or pre-trade Novas still down at 74th. So about that many 6700s would go down there to make that an even one for one trade between FG Novas and 74th Novas. And that is baffling they'd do this now when it's 74th that's now getting 7900s. And I think Mr.cta85 was referring to the destination signs when he said LED lighting and meant that it looks like what they're doing is getting the Novas down at 74th all amber signed as they transition the Novas there to 7900s out of the 8000-8099 block.Regardless of if the Nova is a 6400 or 7900 down there, the sign would be amber.

And racist BusHunter? Really now dude? You do realize most of FG's coverage area is of mixed ridership right? I agree that what they're doing to FG is ridiculous by far, but that conclusion you made is outlandish, don't you think? :huh::rolleyes:

I hate to say it but not really!! How do you explain what's going on. The north side is the minority and has no one fighting for it so it just gets screwed. A mix of races is a minority versus one more powerful race. I know it's a sensitive topic but there really is no other explanation except stupidity. If we want to sugar coat it, then it's definitely being mismanaged and in sports when a manager is not doing his job he gets fired!!

No. The southbound reroute, which is already gone by the way, was for some kind of street blockage. And the northbound one, set to be over Friday, Feb. 13, is for water main construction between Barry and Nelson.

Wonder why they just didn't run the buses over the bridge instead of rerouting them off Western altogether.

Regardless of race or not saying the south side is getting everything handed to them is a bit much. I remember during the 6000's retirement days when 74th nearly had to maintain the 3/4's of the fleet while other garages got #1000's and #4000's. Another year and a half of new buses coming in and all of this will be over. Now the way the situation is being handled is highly questionable, However the 6400's are hanging in there and if one side of the city has to deal with the oldest side of the fleet for a bit then I don't know what to tell you.Also I raise this question? If the #1000's rehabs did not begin until late 2015 and the arrival of #7900's came on time and there was at least 2/3 of the fleet in service would this whole discussion of old buses being sent and kept up north be a topic of discussion?

I just don't know why they started all this moving to get all the rehabbed buses in a few spots. They should have just left things alone. I can't wait to see what is next weeks transfers. They could give fg the chicago nova buses in exchange for what's left of the amber destination signed novas. Then 5750 can really say the nw side has all the oldest everything. It's getting that close to becoming true. All that needs to happen is that transfer and the removal of #2600's on the orange and it's true.

I seriously don't understand how is all these bus moves becoming a race card debacle. Hell, I don't see anybody protesting or looting over a specific kind of bus or train whatsoever. Come on guys, we're better than that. 9 out of 10, we seriously don't know why the moves but the bottom line is that's how Cta operates under any circumstances and no matter how we take it as. We all can try figuring out why and joke about it, in which that's fine but let's not get ourselves extremely biased here. We're passionate transit enthusiasts not idiots. This has been a friendly reminder from Garmon and Co. :lol:

This has been a friendly reminder from Garmon and Co. :lol:

The same garmon who was unable to get a shot of 5605-5606 yesterday because a train got in his way?

Add #5605-06 to the list. Couldn't get any shots though because my train got in the way while I was at Fullerton.

You're so lucky Vinnie Mac's not here to give you those two immortal words again.... Another failed or poor quality picture might net you a visit by him, though... :rolleyes: j/k........ :P:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYf_NIAkfMk

• Upvote 2

Whoever is moving around all these buses and doing these unfair transfers of the oldest equipment to FG is no doubt the "higher power" at CTA....

This tune just adds a "creepy effect" to it.... for those who watched WWF/WWE in the late '90's and very early 2000's, when I first saw those druids saunter out before "Deadman" Undertaker, it was freaky with this music(I was used to "Biker" Undertaker and only got used to "Deadman" Undertaker upon his return in the mid-2000's)

http://youtu.be/zAf1EGhyezc

The same garmon who was unable to get a shot of 5605-5606 yesterday because a train got in his way?

You're so lucky Vinnie Mac's not here to give you those two immortal words again.... Another failed or poor quality picture might net you a visit by him, though... :rolleyes: j/k........ :P:lol:

Don't make me get Stone Cold Steve Austin and have you deal with some "stunners"!!! :lol:
  • Upvote 1

I just don't know why they started all this moving to get all the rehabbed buses in a few spots. They should have just left things alone. I can't wait to see what is next weeks transfers. They could give fg the chicago nova buses in exchange for what's left of the amber destination signed novas. Then 5750 can really say the nw side has all the oldest everything. It's getting that close to becoming true. All that needs to happen is that transfer and the removal of #2600's on the orange and it's true.

BusHunter, I support your statement! Its seems to be the only logical explanation! With everything else, the damn politics here! I travel to all parts of the city. Part of my job I frequently travel to different areas of the city! Pullman, South shore and all you see are new trains and buses! Travel to Garfield Ridge or Midway new or rehabbed trains and buses! The west side rehabbed buses and new train cars! The far north side new train cars, new artic buses!. The northwest side, all you see are buses and train cars that are or nearly life expired and nothing is done about it!! I Like I said before, Ive spoken to some operator friends recently at FG. I asked them why are they getting junk buses from other garages, not even recieving rehabbed NFs. They are at a loss for words as to why they are stuck driving the oldest beat up buses are ending up at FG while the rest of the system have new or rehabbed buses. They are very upset!!! Some there have also made the claim that they believe race and or politics plays a part in this. Myself, Im not surprised dictator rahm hasn't spoken out against this. Its not like he really cares about public transit in this city, its not like he rides a #78 Montrose bus or rides the Red Line to work everyday! He's just in it for the cameras! He could care less!!! Theres no doubt were seeing some really disturbing favoritism here by CTA management when it comes to where new or aged equipment end up. How else could it be explained??? Unless someone has a better expalantion!!! I think most would agree here if it were the other way around where new equipment all went to the north and NW side and aged or used equipment ended up on the south side, Im sure we would be hearing from Jackson, Pfleuger and the community in outrage. Its happened before when there was the issue several years ago about the accusation of how CTA unequally distributed its air conditioned buses. There was outrage and claims of racism in that debacle! Ultimately air conditioned buses were distributed equally to all parts of the city! Were not seeing that in this case and its a shame! Im assuming many who post on here live south side and those of us who live north/nw side being accused of crying foul! For me, I gave eight good years to the CTA as a bus operator working out of three garages and It kills me to see some of the very same buses I helped put in service twelve years ago at FG still there!!! Well to those individuals who don't think this is such an issue, I wish you could spend some time on the northwest side, take trip past FG and pay attention to the aging bus and train equipment that the residents here are stuck riding. All the buses everyone on this blog knows theyre at or past their the FTA life expiration of service! Sending NF only to have them taken away!!! The Blue Line riders from Grand ave to OHare Airport are stuck riding thirty year old train cars so that other lines can enjoy the new 5000s or rehabbed 3200 series cars! Believe me, Id be happy with rehabbed NFs and 3200s here! on the Blue, then our rants would end! But we wont even enjoy that! And adding insult to injury, recieving the news that the new 7000 cars wont be seen up this way for another five or six years! Its very upsetting! How do we ignore that??? Some here do not understand this!!! The only new transit equipment we see up this way are the new Pace buses but those are seldom seen because they are more geared to suburbanites! But at least Pace makes good on the way it distributes its new equipment equally in its six county operating area! Some here don't understand our claims since those individuals are enjoying the luxury of new buses and new train cars! Some here don't see our point of view because we read the postings of new buses and train cars everyday! Instead were just being mocked rather than showing some sympathy to riders in other parts of the city!!! There are some here that say they have experienced this as well in the past, well then now you see what we have to deal with now!

Yeah I agree with you CTA5750!! The bus operators at Fg I talk with are aggravated too. Like I said before, what's the harm with waiting for all #1000 garages to finish together? This is ridiculous to send them all south. Ask yourself why didn't they go Kedzie, NP and 103rd for rehabbed equipment? And they say my views are overstated!! Then they send whatever good Novas FG had to the south side. Come on!! Let's get real here folks. The writing is on wall and people either can't see it or don't want to see it. The majority of our members that ride are from the south side, so of course they're not going to agree with me. The fact alone that we are mentioning "Mercy Loans" says something is wrong here. If this was done to the south side, multiple people would cry racism and howl like the wolves at midnight. In fact they still are talking about when FG had all the new buses from 10 years ago!! The consensus seems to be to stick it to FG, but all they are doing is pushing people into their cars. When they lose mega ridership, don't say I didn't warn you. :D

• Upvote 2

... If this was done to the south side, multiple people would cry racism and howl like the wolves at midnight. In fact they still are talking about when FG had all the new buses from 10 years ago!! ...

I'm sure that's why 77th got the first 7900s, and 6400s, and 6000s, and 4400s...

,,,, but all they are doing is pushing people into their cars. When they lose mega ridership, don't say I didn't warn you. :D

Having had to drop someone off for a medical appointment in Edgebrook last week (also, I thought of 5750 and walked by Grayland Station, but it was closed), I don't see that happening. Between the LAZ boxes, which have caveats that you still can't park there if it is posted for rush hour or snow (which it was), and most of the neighborhood posted for park by permit only, there is no way to drive a car near there. Rahm wants you to use Uber or Divvy.

And since it was on Central north of Devon, the only bus service was 226, which was Rahm's answer for most of the far northwest side, I saw 6411 on 226, so somebody is getting a new bus.