More Bus Moves

sw4400

I'm sure that's why 77th got the first 7900s, and 6400s, and 6000s, and 4400s...

Having had to drop someone off for a medical appointment in Edgebrook last week (also, I thought of 5750 and walked by Grayland Station, but it was closed), I don't see that happening. Between the LAZ boxes, which have caveats that you still can't park there if it is posted for rush hour or snow (which it was), and most of the neighborhood posted for park by permit only, there is no way to drive a car near there. Rahm wants you to use Uber or Divvy.

And since it was on Central north of Devon, the only bus service was 226, which was Rahm's answer for most of the far northwest side, I saw 6411 on 226, so somebody is getting a new bus.

That new Pace bus you saw on the #226 and on the #270 are all the new equipment you see here on the far NW side! Go to FG and all you see are rows and rows of worn out Novas dating back from 2001 with more coming since 74th is now in the process of giving theirs up! Go to Jefferson Park, get on the Blue Line and all you ride are the same rail cars you see and that we have been seeing since 1985! CTA could have shifted some 3200s at least and bring some new transit look to the NW side riders!

Looking at this from an even different angle, CTA could be sticking it to Rahm also as they don't really like him and he's from the north side, but Rahm doesn't have any power over this? They are endorsing his opponent in the re-election, so there's something they don't like about the man.

not trying to start anything but seriously, how long are we gonna bible thump this whole FG being treated like dirt thing??? I understand the frustration and all but in retrospect, its really no different than when 77th was parading around with New 6400 series Nova's while 103rd kept 4400's, 5300's and some other older fleet. Don't forget the NW side of the Blue Line got the first set of the newly redesigned tracks before anyone else did was I on here hoopin and hollering every other day about these raggedy Dan Ryan Tracks before they got fix?? No. Simply sucked it up and found another way when it got too bothersome. Yeah we said the occasional "things should be faster" but not on the scale that things are about this whole Forest Glen deal. 74th was dealing with all 6000's at one point which were the oldest at the time I dont see any members around 74th constantly beating that dead horse. As perfect as you make us south siders out to be we have our own little struggles out here as well. I personally feel 77th should still be holding the 60 artics it kept after the Dan Ryan Reopened to throw on routes 3,4,8,79,and 87th but I can only express my frustration a few times but let things play out and roll with the punches. Unless you guys got connects with the guys at 567 or the garages who ever is in charge of the moves, there's nothing more we can do but just watch things unfold. I'd rather have aged equipment than NO equipment :lol: you all know how much a pain driving can be in Chicago. So how about keeping this as a forum instead of a soapbox.

-Preaching over guys :D

• Upvote 3

Looking at this from an even different angle, CTA could be sticking it to Rahm also as they don't really like him and he's from the north side, but Rahm doesn't have any power over this? They are endorsing his opponent in the re-election, so there's something they don't like about the man.

True, That could be a real angle but also don't forget that rahm caters only to certain areas of Chicago! He himself is a northsider and yet we don't see much of his influence this way! I don't even remember the last time rahm visited areas such as Norwood Park or Jefferson Park. We don't see much of him here! Which in actuality is not a complaint, but a blessing!!! :) But my point being he can have influence as corrupt and dirty as he is I can bet you with an iron dictatorship he can get CTA equipment anywhere he wants in this city! The simple fact is he really isn't interested in what transit riders are riding! He could care less! He does it for the cameras! He does it for votes! As I said earlier he doesnt ride transit! He don't care! He has his security detail driving him and running red lights! rahm thumbs his noses at the citizens of this city! I have a friend who worked under him as an intern and she had plenty to say about his demeanor when the cameras are off! In a nutshell she described him as a "a monster!"

not trying to start anything but seriously, how long are we gonna bible thump this whole FG being treated like dirt thing??? I understand the frustration and all but in retrospect, its really no different than when 77th was parading around with New 6400 series Nova's while 103rd kept 4400's, 5300's and some other older fleet. Don't forget the NW side of the Blue Line got the first set of the newly redesigned tracks before anyone else did was I on here hoopin and hollering every other day about these raggedy Dan Ryan Tracks before they got fix?? No. Simply sucked it up and found another way when it got too bothersome. Yeah we said the occasional "things should be faster" but not on the scale that things are about this whole Forest Glen deal. 74th was dealing with all 6000's at one point which were the oldest at the time I dont see any members around 74th constantly beating that dead horse. As perfect as you make us south siders out to be we have our own little struggles out here as well. I personally feel 77th should still be holding the 60 artics it kept after the Dan Ryan Reopened to throw on routes 3,4,8,79,and 87th but I can only express my frustration a few times but let things play out and roll with the punches. Unless you guys got connects with the guys at 567 or the garages who ever is in charge of the moves, there's nothing more we can do but just watch things unfold. I'd rather have aged equipment than NO equipment :lol: you all know how much a pain driving can be in Chicago. So how about keeping this as a forum instead of a soapbox.

-Preaching over guys :D

Sam, all the issues you speak about were all temporary ones! The Blue line getting redesigned tracks??? Come on! The issues and problems were dealing with and posting about the NW side have existed for decades! So there is really no comparison here!

CTA isn't endorsing anyone. ATU is endorsing Garcia, but I don't think that the union rank and file has any say on bus assignments.

Claypool, of course, is endorsing Emanuel, because otherwise Claypool would be unemployed.

I don't think that Pres. Obama is endorsing Emanuel because a 7900 series bus is being detoured around the Kenwood mansion.

But note that Robert Kelly said:

"... one of his biggest gripes with the CTA under Emanuel is that “every single time someone gets appointed to run the CTA, they have absolutely no transit background.”

Didn't I say that violated the MTA Act?

• Upvote 1

... As I said earlier he doesnt ride transit! He don't care! He has his security detail driving him and running red lights! rahm thumbs his noses at the citizens of this city! I have a friend who worked under him as an intern and she had plenty to say about his demeanor when the cameras are off! In a nutshell she described him as a "a monster!"

He claimed to ride the Brown Line, but I guess that the "blowing through the red light cameras" story blew that.

He showed that he could screw the north side with the Lincoln bus fiasco, which was much more direct. Also note that his commercials are "follow the Red Line" and it certainly isn't the north side one. But he also knows that the north side isn't going to vote for the candidate who sounds like Eddie Murphy's impression of Buckwheat while stressing "communications."

Sam, all the issues you speak about were all temporary ones! The Blue line getting redesigned tracks??? Come on! The issues were dealing with and posting about on the NW side have existed for decades! So there is really no comparison here!

As someone in 103rd's area Im somewhat in your position having a garage next to us parade around with new stuff while having the old. up until the NF's the only thing we've gotten fresh out the factory were artics only because of the express routes we run. other than that we watched 77th get the new Novas and I think the 1000's even got to 77th before they did to 103rd. Kedzie wasn't treated the best either for a while. they way things are set up now, the 1000's are about to be in like new condition after this rehab is finished so along with the 7900's coming in things are going to even out not too long. So if new equipment is THAT important you can deal with a half hour pace ride on one of their new buses to skirt around to the red line to avoid dealing with old equipment (which is a bit much lol) or just relax and let things play out in this year because things are shaking out to where at least age/condition-wise things'll be a bit more balanced. yeah it might be a few hand me downs but at least it'll be in more of the same condition as the rest of the city. after the 6400's bites the dust you wont have to deal with 12 year old equipment nor will you have to deal with iffy 2600's once the 7000's start rolling in. besides for all we know the 7000's could head straight for the blue and brown. patience bro :P

True, That could be a real angle but also don't forget that rahm caters only to certain areas of Chicago! He himself is a northsider and yet we don't see much of his influence this way! I don't even remember the last time rahm visited areas such as Norwood Park or Jefferson Park. We don't see much of him here! Which in actuality is not a complaint, but a blessing!!! :) But my point being he can have influence as corrupt and dirty as he is I can bet you with an iron dictatorship he can get CTA equipment anywhere he wants in this city! The simple fact is he really isn't interested in what transit riders are riding! He could care less! He does it for the cameras! He does it for votes! As I said earlier he doesnt ride transit! He don't care! He has his security detail driving him and running red lights! rahm thumbs his noses at the citizens of this city! I have a friend who worked under him as an intern and she had plenty to say about his demeanor when the cameras are off! In a nutshell she described him as a "a monster!"

I see you don't like Rahm either. Karen Lewis probably would have defeated him if it wasn't for her medical issues. Sounds like it would have been a exciting election with some of the color commentary going on. Here's a link that makes me laugh.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Karen-Lewis-Rahm-Emanuel-Bozo-Mayor-Election-Chicago-Teachers-Union-258919641.html

Isn't that being a dirty candidate though? It might have worked too, if she could've got the emotions involved of voters against Rahm.

Sam, all the issues you speak about were all temporary ones! The Blue line getting redesigned tracks??? Come on! The issues and problems were dealing with and posting about the NW side have existed for decades! So there is really no comparison here!

Certainly not decades, and on the bus front, certainly not between 2001 and 2008.

I see you don't like Rahm either. Karen Lewis probably would have defeated him if it wasn't for her medical issues. Sounds like it would have been a exciting election with some of the color commentary going on. Here's a link that makes me laugh.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Karen-Lewis-Rahm-Emanuel-Bozo-Mayor-Election-Chicago-Teachers-Union-258919641.html

Isn't that being a dirty candidate though? It might have worked too, if she could've got the emotions involved of voters against Rahm.

Not sure how this became a politics topic, but I'll go along.

The inherent problem with Lewis or ATU making an endorsement is that there is the conflict of interest of bargaining with oneself. Apparently ATU bargains with the mayor's surrogates, and is not just complaining that Claypool is incompetent.

wanna talk about a decade at least they're not trying to have one bus make a huge run through the entire NW side trying to replace 5 owl routes like down on our end *cough* N5 South Shore *cough*. :P between the long trips ending up in delays at some point combined with there being so many turns that drivers get lost (ever see a bus have to make a 3 point turn because he went the wrong way?) lmao

• Upvote 2

I don't know. I see trucks going over it all the time and I don't recall seeing any signs posted about restrictions.

I was reading about it on Bridgehunter (no relation) :P Interesting site, if you like bridges, I learned alot of things about bridges in cook county on there. They rate it as poor and structurally deficient and it's status is doomed. The only bridge I could find with a such a designation. Really makes me want to drive on it!! :huh::lol: Here's the link:

http://bridgehunter.com/il/cook/bh56321/

Interesting if you click the links below about the Western avenue streetscape, they claim that the bridge project will start in spring 2015, and the streetscape starts and goes from Jones to Waveland. Isn't Jones around Logan Blvd? that sounds like the project in progress now.

Certainly not decades, and on the bus front, certainly not between 2001 and 2008.

To be more clear, I was referring to the Blue Line. No new rail equipment in over thirty years! The buses, in recent years most garages have seen improvements in either new or rehabbed equipment. The last times FG ever recieved any new buses were back in 2001 and prior to that the 5300s in 1991! Everything since at FG have been "hand me downs"

I really don't care for any mayoral candidate! But I sure don't want to see four more years of rahms dictatorship and I had the opportunity to let him know back in November on election night when he showed up at my polling place! I let him have it!!! And it felt good to let him know what I thought about his four years here!

To be more clear, I was referring to the Blue Line. No new rail equipment in over thirty years! The buses, in recent years most garages have seen improvements in either new or rehabbed equipment. The last times FG ever recieved any new buses were back in 2001 and prior to that the 5300s in 1991! Everything since at FG have been "hand me downs"

Well they did get a couple ice cream trucks. (#500's) LOL!! :P I used to have fun with Jack on #81W. He said they were a stagecoach. He's retired now. Other operators I talk to said he was a flake, but he was funny to ride with. They actually had someone write in about him and complain. You might be able to google it but it's an old story. The story makes me laugh.

I was reading about it on Bridgehunter (no relation) :P Interesting site, if you like bridges, I learned alot of things about bridges in cook county on there. They rate it as poor and structurally deficient and it's status is doomed. The only bridge I could find with a such a designation. Really makes me want to drive on it!! :huh::lol: Here's the link:

http://bridgehunter.com/il/cook/bh56321/

Interesting if you click the links below about the Western avenue streetscape, they claim that the bridge project will start in spring 2015, and the streetscape starts and goes from Jones to Waveland. Isn't Jones around Logan Blvd? that sounds like the project in progress now.

Yeah Jones St. is just a little connector street by Western & Logan Blvd.

... The last times FG ever recieved any new buses were back in 2001 and prior to that the 5300s in 1991! Everything since at FG have been "hand me downs"

Besides the ice cream trucks BusHunter mentioned the last other than "hand me downs" 74th received, other than about 30 buses (and some debate those), before the preceding weekend was in 1995.

So, that probably was not a useful metric.

Imma get to the point and say that some of these posts really pissed me off! Like seriously, is Emmanuel Cta God or something??? The last time I've checked is a mayor is responsible for hiring a Cta President, not who get this and that!!! About the slick shot about the south side crying foul if it was the opposite, I'm extremely offended and disappointed. Yes, I live on the south side but I lived almost every side of town throughout my life and I travel everywhere!!! I wouldn't pull the trigger too soon if I were some of y'all. I'm trying to keep my cool here but this s--t is really bothering me a lot! I respect and love y'all but this is extremely getting out of hand.

I tell y'all what, how about some of us meet up somewhere one day and let's settle this topic like gentlemen (ladies are welcomed too if any are members and guests).

• Upvote 2

Imma get to the point and say that some of these posts really pissed me off! I'm extremely offended and disappointed. Yes, I live on the south side but I lived almost every side of town throughout my life and I travel everywhere!!! I wouldn't pull the trigger too soon if I were some of y'all. I'm trying to keep my cool here but this s--t is really bothering me a lot! I respect and love y'all but this is extremely getting out of hand.....

Icebreaker.....

garmon, if there was any irritation from this post, it was clearly not meant. There has been a lot of complaints about FG having the oldest equipment. I believe in fair spreading of age of equipment, but would not state it is this persons' job to move the buses and railcars the CTA has/is getting. I know there is a person in charge of that, whoever he or she is.....

As far as the post below(if this offends you), I'll explain it as it was meant more OT than anything.... the Undertaker as previously mentioned was a "Deadman" who became a "Biker Man" then back to a "Deadman". The theme he used was so chilling and demonic, it was a chilling theme.... but this particular one was used whenever his druids came out from the back(the robed followers). There was a storyline in 1998-99 where the Corporate Ministry, led by the Undertaker, answered to a Higher Power, which was a robed individual who came out to this music(ultimately we found out it was Vince McMahon himself). But that storyline being found on YouTube recently got me to find this theme and post it with the possibility that there is a "Higher Power" at CTA moving around these buses. More for a chance to link the song than anything else..... if this was one of the things bothering you....

Whoever is moving around all these buses and doing these unfair transfers of the oldest equipment to FG is no doubt the "higher power" at CTA....

http://youtu.be/zAf1EGhyezc

Imma get to the point and say that some of these posts really pissed me off! Like seriously, is Emmanuel Cta God or something??? The last time I've checked is a mayor is responsible for hiring a Cta President, not who get this and that!!! About the slick shot about the south side crying foul if it was the opposite, I'm extremely offended and disappointed. Yes, I live on the south side but I lived almost every side of town throughout my life and I travel everywhere!!! I wouldn't pull the trigger too soon if I were some of y'all. I'm trying to keep my cool here but this s--t is really bothering me a lot! I respect and love y'all but this is extremely getting out of hand.

I tell y'all what, how about some of us meet up somewhere one day and let's settle this topic like gentlemen (ladies are welcomed too if any are members and guests).

We're just talking Garmon, what ever happened to free speech??? Maybe some of us wouldn't be so PO'ed if we felt we were being treated fairly. I can't help it you are looking forward to new nova's going past your house, where I wonder if they'll ever go past mine. I also can't help you are working on your second generation of new buses, where we can't even move up to the current generation let alone the future generation. So you would really be all happy if the south side was treated like garbage? I hear stories all the time by south siders saying the north side is favored. Maybe they need to come up some time and see our state of the art equipment. :huh: So you think we're getting a fair shake? That's your opinion then. I also have an opinion. That's what makes America so great, we can discuss things freely even if they are difficult to discuss. I'm sorry your offended but the entire city does not have your good fortune. Saying what I said took guts, as I know I'm opening myself up to attack, but the topic needs to be explored. If everyone just sits around the fire and sings Kumbaya, then no change will happen. CTA needs to explain to us why we are being treated unfairly because I just don't understand it and my take on it is some of the brass don't know either. This decision all comes down to a few people and there agendas. Something needs to change cause the systems broken.