More Bus Moves

sw4400

You can always get a car or move.

Plenty of landspace in Chicago, especially on the South Side. It isn't like DC, that's for sure! Point aside, I still think people would be upset regardless if they had a car. If anything, it would be more upset, because FG has essentially gotten so moldy, that I don't want to ride their buses anymore unless I had to! So, in the end, a car wouldn't help. Might be slightly mitigated if you lived along the 56, 77 or 92 (the FG routes that actually get NF's), but I digress

That's wonder why J14 is still running couple or few 1000s every quite a bit since they lost D60LFRs (4333 Series) to NP.

103rd really only needs the wrapped buses and some artics for the 6. After that, the artics need to be at NP (22, 36, 49, 82, 146, 147, 151) and 77th (3, 4, 8, 79, 87), since those garages have the most bus routes with highest ridership (All are in top 20 out of all routes). After that, I would say FG, but to be honest, they need new buses, not artics. If they got artics, they would have to immediately go to 77, then 56 (which gets 1 or 2 every blue moon since its shared with NP) and 80. CTA in general, needs more artics, although there is no money to get any, at least not right now.

• Upvote 1

Purple Line to Central??? Now that's comical!!! :lol:

Oh gosh I didn't even notice that! I was too focused on how freaking cold it was! My photo is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! :lol:

Let's see if @CTAFails retweets it... https://twitter.com/briman0094/status/567098727253291010

The best part is that it's on the Southbound platform, so the train would have to teleport or something.

• Upvote 2

103rd really only needs the wrapped buses and some artics for the 6. After that, the artics need to be at NP (22, 36, 49, 82, 146, 147, 151) and 77th (3, 4, 8, 79, 87), since those garages have the most bus routes with highest ridership (All are in top 20 out of all routes). After that, I would say FG, but to be honest, they need new buses, not artics. If they got artics, they would have to immediately go to 77, then 56 (which gets 1 or 2 every blue moon since its shared with NP) and 80. CTA in general, needs more artics, although there is no money to get any, at least not right now.

Also, no place to store them. It still hasn't been explained why 77th had some, including all artics on 79, but got rid of them. Someone said a detour on 79th, but that ended without the artics returning.

Oh gosh I didn't even notice that! I was too focused on how freaking cold it was! My photo is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! :lol:

Let's see if @CTAFails retweets it... https://twitter.com/briman0094/status/567098727253291010

The best part is that it's on the Southbound platform, so the train would have to teleport or something.

The SB is what tippped me off, as NB it could have run short to Central in Evanston. But not really.

Again, good eye on Garmon's part.

• Upvote 5

Also, no place to store them. It still hasn't been explained why 77th had some, including all artics on 79, but got rid of them. Someone said a detour on 79th, but that ended without the artics returning.

Im not buying the "artics don't fit" excuse because 169 ran the usual equipment. I think its just someone not wanting artics at 77th for whatever reason.

Im not buying the "artics don't fit" excuse because 169 ran the usual equipment. I think its just someone not wanting artics at 77th for whatever reason.

Which is why I never bought the detour reason, especially when you consider that 103rd now operates artics on the #26 again and that route runs into the tight turn at 83rd and Exchange.

That's what implied. Obviously the 4300s were able to run on 79 for a period.

Well yeah we know that I was referring more to the fact that 77th or whoever claimed that the detour didn't allow for artics yet 169 followed the same detour with its artics lol so either 103rd mastered the secret art of tight turns with artics ;) or someone believes 77th should be only have artics when other garages don't need'em

• Upvote 1

You can always get a car or move

I do have a car that Id rather use that than ride on a raggedy, beat up CTA bus! When I go downtown I use Metra! At least with Metra you ride on comfortable and updated equipment! Believe me, I am waiting for the day to come when I can leave this city! The political corruption here are just ruining our way of life! So your right! I do have a choice!!! ;)

Or delay the Brown and Red Line trains just to get back on right "track"!!! :lol:

And I saw 1128 on #18. mrcta85 won't be too happy about that... :(

Looks like they are trying to pump some more rehab buses into Kedzie so they can send a higher amount of unrehabbed Kedzie buses to rehab. They might be able to send double the amount now, (10-15 buses) maybe taking some of those slots away from the south side garages that are mostly done with the rehabs.