Jump to content
wordguy

More Bus Moves

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

1. Positions are positions and verifiable facts are facts.

2, From the posted advance schedules, it looks like you might be wrong on Monday. We'll have to see what's on 79.

 

1 hour ago, Master58 said:

I agree 

Do you think that they might move some vehicles off of other routes to put on 79th and then possibly use artics on other routes where needed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Master58 said:

Actually, you are, trying to convince me that 77th needs artics.  I've already told you for the 3rd time where I stand and I have proven my point, does 103rd need 100 artics? NO, but neither does 77th. I say split the Artics up among the other garages that have Artics. I've been done with argument between you and I.  

Actually I'm quite done with this discussion with you. It's a public forum with multiple people that I'm sharing an opinion with. Last I checked the forum was named chitransit.org and not Master58. Getting quite a tad self absorbed aren't you? And who in the heck said 77th needed 100 artics? Chicago only has 40 that it's giving up to wherever. which we will find out this weekend if its a split which is reasonable, a full move to 77th, also reasonable, or all 103rd, fantasyland.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

If we split them between garages with artics then that mean 103rd would still get some by that logic.  And only 10-15 more puts them back at Red Line shuttle allocations

You're a bit off there Sam. 103rd is currently sitting at about 70. Their Red Line shuttle allocation was about 91 or so if I remember correctly. So they'd be actually need to about 20 to be at the Red Line levels. If they go past 75, they'd be going beyond spare ratio territory. It's not really much beyond 6, J14, and 26 artics can be assigned without running half empty much of the assigned route. What extra they already have that don't get used in a typical weekday rush period could easily do what school day pick ups on the Dan Ryan routes as needed, which I remember is one purpose you mentioned. while still leaving what 4 or 5 needed to do the 169's odd schedule for Hodgkins UPS shift service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Master58 Please maintain your composure inside the forum. It's ok to dispute CTA operations by the choice of your words but anything extra isn't necessary. Try not to stress about it. @jajuan like my mom always say, "keep a cool head would ya". B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, garmon757 said:

@Master58 Please maintain your composure inside the forum. It's ok to dispute CTA operations by the choice of your words but anything extra isn't necessary. Try not to stress about it. @jajuan like my mom always say, "keep a cool head would ya". B|

Aye aye captain.:P But don't worry that particular discussion is already over for me. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get ready for bus swaps this weekend guys. Does anybody have an idea which number of buses are going where? I know buses 1470 and up used to go to my beloved 103rd garage for the winter pick but i dont know what buses will go where this time lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Get ready for bus swaps this weekend guys. Does anybody have an idea which number of buses are going where? I know buses 1470 and up used to go to my beloved 103rd garage for the winter pick but i dont know what buses will go where this time lol.

If we accept what has been posted above, a certain number of artics leave C and undoubtedly a certain number of 40 footers go there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder about training and retraining on equipment.   It's been a year since 77th last had artics.  Would their operators need to be retrained before operating the artics? 

There is a slim possibility of Kedzie receiving artics for use on Roosevelt.  After all,  whatever garage (s) get the Chicago artics must give up 40' buses.   Obviously 77th has the most room for them, but as we saw with the 50 00 rail cars, that could mean nothing.   Certainly the Orange Line could run 5000s, but that would mean training and retraining Brown Line operators since sometimes those lines are thru routed together. 

I guess we'll see what happens on Sunday or Monday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

77th garage first received artics when 52nd/Cottage Grove garage closed and the 6, 14, we're transferred to 77th.   77th kept them until 1988 when 103rd garage replaced Beverly garage.   When 103rd opened,  the 6 and 14 went to 103rd with the artics.   Even though 77th covered some rush trips on both routes,  they did so with standard buses.  

77th didn't get artics again until 2003 when the LSD routes were restructured.   The new 6 went to 77th along with some artics.  Eventually,  77th wound up with 40 NABI artics.  Before the NABIS bit the dust,  77th lost 10 of them; 5 went to NP and 5 went to 103rd. 

Later in time,  77th lost the 6 and the artics to 103rd. 

When the Red line was shut down for reconstruction,  77th received a bunch of new artics for the the R routes.   Once the Red line reopened,  77th kept them for a short period.   Then they swapped with NP before eventually losing them last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

1197-1199 are out on 65, 57 and 66

BusTracker already shows less artic coverage on 66. I was going to say with C buses, but I see Sam caught a few transfers (1197 indicated on this trace).

66eb.png

66wb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably did it early to avoid weather tomorrow. It might be harder to transfer busses in messy snow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only question now it what happens to the rest of the artics still at Chicago beyond the few that went to 103rd. So far they've only transferred a small few, and if 103rd were meant to get more than what they received, past history of how they've done early transfers before season changes and past observations with early transfers during the two waves of the 1000s swapocalypse suggest more artics than seen would have easily already been sent to 103rd with the few confirmed. Doesn't appear to be the case yet though. So far it looks like a simple shoring up of what remaining small artic maintenance shortage 103rd still might have had. I take note that 103rd's artic deployment levels and patterns haven't changed and 6 and 26 still have 1000s in operation. Still looks a split is possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, garmon757 said:

@Master58 Please maintain your composure inside the forum. It's ok to dispute CTA operations by the choice of your words but anything extra isn't necessary. Try not to stress about it. @jajuan like my mom always say, "keep a cool head would ya". B|

 

Yes Sir, No stress over here everything happened as projected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Master58 said:

Yes Sir, No stress over here everything happened as projected. 

Well only partially. Only five artics confirmed moved to 103rd with no other garages seeing any gain yet. Might be possible that's all they get since past history shows they're able to move more than that even for changes observed on a Friday. ajm522 may be right that they got 103rd out the way or at the least started off early for weather reasons.  May be possible still that 77th or some other garage(s) gets the remainder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Well only partially. Only five artics confirmed moved to 103rd with no other garages seeing any gain yet. Might be possible that's all they get since past history shows they're able to move more than that even for changes observed on a Friday. ajm522 may be right that they got 103rd out the way for weather reasons.  May be possible still that 77th or some other garage(s) gets the remainder. 

 

actually, 4 are confirmed so far, whatever happens just happens will have to wait and see and accept it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Master58 said:

actually, 4 are confirmed so far, whatever happens just happens will have to wait and see and accept it. 

I might have counted one twice. But true it's now a wait and see situation. We don't see enough transferred yet to say which projections are completely as expected. We only know it's partially underway, whatever happens. The only confirmation is 103rd's remaining shortage seen to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well as you guys know im currently at 74th. I was asking clerk if I could help with the bus transfer for tomorrrow which I cant because I already have a run but anyway before she said I couldnt do it, she asked if I ever drove a artic and of course I have with me coming from 103rd. So now the question is now will 74th be getting artics since the operators here have to have artic driving experience in order to transfer buses. Or maybe they just need all the help they can get. I know 74th dont have the room for them tho so maybe its 77th who will be getting artics again lol.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Well as you guys know im currently at 74th. I was asking clerk if I could help with the bus transfer for tomorrrow which I cant because I already have a run but anyway before she said I couldnt do it, she asked if I ever drove a artic and of course I have with me coming from 103rd. So now the question is now will 74th be getting artics since the operators here have to have artic driving experience in order to transfer buses. Or maybe they just need all the help they can get. I know 74th dont have the room for them tho so maybe its 77th who will be getting artics again lol.

It's basically that they need all the help they can get. 74th doesn't have the proper maintenance lifts for artics, so it's automatically out just as FG is for the same reasons. So the only question is will the remaining artic garages see any beyond 103rd or will 77th become an artic garage once again and get the remaining artics left at Chicago. The only opportunity you would have gotten to behind the wheel of one again is helping to transfer the rest of the Chicago artics to whatever new home they're set for this weekend.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jajuan said:

It's basically that they need all the help they can get. 74th doesn't have the proper maintenance lifts for artics, so it's automatically out just as FG is for the same reasons. So the only question is will the remaining artic garages see any beyond 103rd or will 77th become an artic garage once again and get the remaining artics left at Chicago. The only opportunity you would have gotten to behind the wheel of one again is helping to transfer the rest of the Chicago artics to whatever new home they're set for this weekend.

I agree lol i dont miss the artics at all lol but ill be back at 103rd next system pick lol. But I hope 77th get artics again simply because they're the spoiled garage out the 7. They get what they want and take as they please lol it will be good for them to get artics again and keep them this time lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

I agree lol i dont miss the artics at all lol but ill be back at 103rd next system pick lol. But I hope 77th get artics again simply because they're the spoiled garage out the 7. They get what they want and take as they please lol it will be good for them to get artics again and keep them this time lol.

If they were going with the logical course, they could be doing the compromise move of a split between 77th and 103rd. The only way they avoid the capacity issues they just recently worked on trying to solve would be to keep four garages artic assigned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×