More Bus Moves

sw4400

What! With all the influx of new novas that could've easily gone to FG and this happens?! Is this even a loan? What possible reason would 77th need to loan on the 79? This has to be a temporary mixup from 74th or something! :angry::blink:

Hell, I'm guessing if that's a driver from 74th was deadheading to 79th/Western while purposely programmed #79 via the Clever Device. Oh wait, just found out that the driver was deadheading because #6799 is on #49.

4327 is here at 103rd parked in the garage smh...

That, along with 4326 and 4193-4197, might mark the beginning of the end for artic usage at K - and the beginning of K's transition to entirely 40-footers (just like 74th, 77th and FG) by the Spring pick. K may lose the #156 and the short trippers on the #151 to NP by that time.

• Upvote 3

That, along with 4326 and 4193-4197, might mark the beginning of the end for artic usage at K - and the beginning of K's transition to entirely 40-footers (just like 74th, 77th and FG) by the Spring pick. K may lose the #156 and the short trippers on the #151 to NP by that time.

Whoa whoa whoa whoooooa!!!! What you talkin bout RJ6000??? Where did you get this info from??

Not even remotely convinced that 1013,1215,1369,1373,1379,1427 are the beginnings of New Flyer D40LF assignments to FG. FG had a few awhile back when the 6800's were still there and they were transferred out for 6600's, 6500's and 6400's. This might be a little more of the same... A three-way bus trade. FG gets some New Flyers temporarily, then transfers them to another garage with Novas(like 74th or Chicago) and they get an equal number of Novas(6400's) from them.

Yeah that does sound kind of nutty. I thought the artics were good for K, the #12 needs them full time. Well if this is true where would the artics go? NP? Which would give them close to 200 artics and maybe at least 110-120 40 foot buses. It would also considerably grow NP's fleet putting them well over 300 buses. So that doesn't sound realistic, not that I'm saying your wrong. The other option is to send artics back to 77th and CTA seems to not want to do that. Sounds like maybe there some sort of issue at Kedzie on storing these buses outside?

Not even remotely convinced that 1013,1215,1369,1373,1379,1427 are the beginnings of New Flyer D40LF assignments to FG. FG had a few awhile back when the 6800's were still there and they were transferred out for 6600's, 6500's and 6400's. This might be a little more of the same... A three-way bus trade. FG gets some New Flyers temporarily, then transfers them to another garage with Novas(like 74th or Chicago) and they get an equal number of Novas(6400's) from them.

They might be getting some NF's. They have a real crappy fleet now and with the bad weather they will probably stick around for a few days at least. They might be having issues at Fg with buses not being able to go in service because they are relying on all the old stuff to still work like it's new. Something seems to be happening #6800's and now this? Probably if the NF's are staying they'll get more this weekend. That should tell the tale on that. But #1215 didn't have an F sticker, I looked.

Is there any specific resources that you got that info from??? If Rauner if playing a factor then be my guest. He's already a f'ing idiot based on him trying to screw up RTA.

Is there any specific resources that you got that info from??? If Rauner if playing a factor then be my guest. He's already a f'ing idiot based on him trying to screw up RTA.

I agree and Rauner is making cuts in multiple places particularly to services people use that is provided by the service and I gave him a chance, but due to these "proposed changes" I'm already not liking some of his policies.

At some point it has to end, if nothing else because the contract has been let to send up to 200 of the Novas to the crusher. I would tend to go along with BusHunter's observation that once the rehab process winds down, there will be enough NFs that some have to be sent permanently to FG.

So, in essence, FG is getting soothed temporarily, then it's back to screwing them over again, CTA refusing to send artics where needed and/or distributing them equally among the garages that need them. Then, rumors that Kedzie might not continue to store artics. This Rauner situation is already going to cause havoc and/or panic in some form. I wouldn't be surprised if CTA started moving more routes to other garages in an attempt to rectify their poor decisions.

... I wouldn't be surprised if CTA started moving more routes to other garages in an attempt to rectify their poor decisions.

Until such time as the Fisk Garage opens (and that isn't scheduled), that's only shuffling the pea among a set number of shells. While CTA has transferred routes among garages, that only can happen to a small degree so long as there is the current garage capacity.