More Bus Moves

sw4400

Checking for rehabbed buses and some have moved, although they aren't rehabbed

1341 on 82 (74th -> Kedzie)

1000 on 35 (103rd -> Kedzie)

Those have been based at Kedzie for awhile... 1341 has been at Kedzie since at least December and 1000 has been there for awhile.

Those have been based at Kedzie for awhile... 1341 has been at Kedzie since at least December and 1000 has been there for awhile.

Apparently, me and Kedzie have roster problems. :rolleyes: I was going by Garmon's unrehabbed list and those buses are still listed under 74th & 103rd. This does beg the question: Does the south side recieve the same amout of buses from the north side as the north side does from the south?

Apparently, me and Kedzie have roster problems. :rolleyes: I was going by Garmon's unrehabbed list and those buses are still listed under 74th & 103rd. This does beg the question: Does the south side recieve the same amout of buses from the north side as the north side does from the south?

The only principle seems to be that a garage needs enough equipment to operate its routes.

Things seem messed up at the moment by the number of buses going into and out of rehab, and 7900s received without a comparable number of 6400s being retired, as well as the apparent lack of rationale for the latest moves.

Damn, I forgot to change that. Thanks for the heads up!

I didn't even pick up on #1490 being new at Kedzie from 77th but it was on the #60 today.

1490 was from 103rd. 1472-89 went to 77th from 103rd. So that's another frickin 40fter we lost to Kedzie lol crap!!! Since I been here this is the lowest amount of 40fters we've had. We only have like 170 buses.

1490 was from 103rd. 1472-89 went to 77th from 103rd. So that's another frickin 40fter we lost to Kedzie lol crap!!! Since I been here this is the lowest amount of 40fters we've had. We only have like 170 buses.

I'm surprised they just don't give 103rd more artics. Alot of the routes out of there are feeders from 95/red line. When they had the NABI's, they used to run artics on the #28 and #15.

When they do build the 130th extension for the red line, I wonder what effect that's going to have on 103rd?

When they do build the 130th extension for the red line, I wonder what effect that's going to have on 103rd?

Like when?

What surprises me is that after routes like 29 and 6 were moved to 103rd, Mr.CTA85 says they are down that much. 74th was considered underutilized at about 195. Maybe 103 gets back some Beverly routes like 52A, which now isn't near anything. Can't get back 49A.

I'm surprised they just don't give 103rd more artics. Alot of the routes out of there are feeders from 95/red line. When they had the NABI's, they used to run artics on the #28 and #15.

103rd doesn't need more artics. Just shift some from the 6! Jk, Hyde Park and 67th/Jeffery riders would kill me. There is only a minor arguement that the 15, 29 and 34 might need some during rush, but if that's the case, CTA can shift to 77th first where they have routes that can get crowded outside that time period.

1548 is still at 103rd Garage. I belive it's safe to say thats officially on the roster now. As far as 1078 and 1081 I'm not sure where those two buses are but 1548 is a keeper.

#1078 is on the 87, with #1079 and #1080 on the 79, so #1081 is probably at 77th. #1548 is currently on *gasp* the 30. Has a move or rehab ever been spotted/sighted on Mr. Mythical :rolleyes: (nickname for the 30 since it is so long and rarely ever has more than 5-6 buses on it at a time)