More Bus Moves

sw4400

Hmm #1749 is on the #77. #1396 too.....

#1349's on the #80....

Nope.... not buying it!!! Fool me once shame on me.... fool me twice, what the hell is wrong with me... I'm not falling for a third fool job. These buses are nothing more than transfer fodder.

Forest Glen will continue to be a all-1st Gen Nova garage indefinitely until the 8100's start rolling in, then either the 8100's to either 8199 or this plus the 8200-8349 option will be exercised will be assigned to FG. Or then, and only then, New Flyers will start to come to FG.

Nope.... not buying it!!! Fool me once shame on me.... fool me twice, what the hell is wrong with me... I'm not falling for a third fool job. These buses are nothing more than transfer fodder.

Forest Glen will continue to be a all-1st Gen Nova garage indefinitely until the 8100's start rolling in, then either the 8100's to either 8199 or this plus the 8200-8349 option will be exercised will be assigned to FG. Or then, and only then, New Flyers will start to come to FG.

Yeah probably right on that one. Np and Kedzie have alot of extra buses (NP 306 and Kedzie 300) and can probably spare a few to FG. I was checking alot of these lower unrehabbed buses like #1121, #1149, and some #1200's are all missing from NP this whole week. They are probably at Cummins. Probably Fg won't receive NF's until the rehab is over, which is probably not until the end of the year, and probably no new novas either until next year. Most likely the last 250 #6400's will probably end up there. When you see NF's from somewhere other than Kedzie and NP at FG then I think that will be the clue that it is indeed a transfer and not a loan.

Yeah probably right on that one. Np and Kedzie have alot of extra buses (NP 306 and Kedzie 300) and can probably spare a few to FG. I was checking alot of these lower unrehabbed buses like #1121, #1149, and some #1200's are all missing from NP this whole week. They are probably at Cummins. Probably Fg won't receive NF's until the rehab is over, which is probably not until the end of the year, and probably no new novas either until next year. Most likely the last 250 #6400's will probably end up there. When you see NF's from somewhere other than Kedzie and NP at FG then I think that will be the clue that it is indeed a transfer and not a loan.

Yeah sw summed up what I was thinking perfectly on this one. We've been down this road quite a few times already, more actually than the two or three sw counted, only to find out that the NFs in question were only loans to FG from NP, Kedzie or both. (I still remember both of those garages lending Americanas to FG for use on the 152 during the last days of the Flyer 9800s, before the 9800s were officially retired and FG was assigned former 74th and 103rd Americanas until the last 6400s started to come in).

I picked up our CFD Flxible bus thursday. It is now stored at Chicago Ave Garage along with the Chicago Police Flxible. Had the chance to get a close up look at the "Frankenbus" #3091 It made me think of the rebuilt GMC #9532. I wish that bus had been saved. Will be back at Chicago ave tomm morn to pick up the bus again for the St Pats parade downtown tomm.

Just saw 6798 as a 103. That's my 1st time seeing one in the afternoon at 103rd.

Hmm.... All these Nova sightings are starting to make me wonder if those stimulus artics are being over stressed and having problems because with 70 artics and only LSD routes using them there are enough left over to cover other routes suffering a shortage as was done in prior times where 103rd has had 60+ artics. I'm not seeing them on the 29, or 28 like they were at the start of the pick where 77th forked them over and even 6 and 26 is starting to up their use in 1000's again a few days in the week even though we just got even a few more artics. Maybe that could be why 4326/4327 may the move back south from kedzie. Those 4150s we got down here are noisy in the articulation joint (were like that when 77th had them) and I know being used 24/7 on 79th probably put great deals of stress on them as well.

#1017 on 52 (103rd to Kedzie). Probably a move, unless for some strange reason, 103rd had to loan to Kedzie, which then led in turn to 74th or [insert religious figure] forbid FG to loan to 103rd. It seems another swapocalypse is looming on the horizon

#6868 was on #30 earlier this morning.

Still on the 30. Fairly ominous. I know my grandma wasn't happy about, she had to sit in the only seat she hates on that bus, the backwards facing ones. And apparently, the heating is broke in the on position.

103rd has novas? I thought they were fully NF? Probably a loan from 74th, which one again leaves me wondering why they are loaning from farther away garages

Relax man lol its probably a loan like you said and besides 74th is not that far from 103rd. My guess was we probably got a few cause were short on buses and also cause of the parade is going on downtown tomorrow. But either way I hope we do get more of them I love those novas lol.

Relax man lol its probably a loan like you said and besides 74th is not that far from 103rd. My guess was we probably got a few cause were short on buses and also cause of the parade is going on downtown tomorrow. But either way I hope we do get more of them I love those novas lol.

Man, apparently I need to relax. I didn't even know I conveyed "excitedness". I was just pointing out the tradition of whenever 103rd needs a loan, they apparently get them from 74th, bypassing the closer 77th or once every blue dark side of the moon, they get a loan from Kedzie (the last time was 4002 was on the 29, sometime in January)

This just in I saw another Nova pull into the garage I'm assuming it's coming off doing a 26. That makes at least 3 at this garage so far. Hey who knows they might more than loans considering 74th getting the latest edition of the 7900's and at the pace they're coming in, they have buses to give out lol.

This just in I saw another Nova pull into the garage I'm assuming it's coming off doing a 26. That makes at least 3 at this garage so far. Hey who knows they might more than loans considering 74th getting the latest edition of the 7900's and at the pace they're coming in, they have buses to give out lol.

I saw 6798 on the 103 earlier.

There were no Novas on 26, I was using BusTracker earlier to check 103rd's roster and they were almost all NF, with 2 artics

Probably someone else who wants to take advantage of the 222-2222 sign at the back of the bus (and another incident near the Chicago garage). Tribune.

Absolutely ridiculous. And the comments given in response of the article don't help because they're just ignorant as this young couple involved in this chase and resulting crash.

There were no Novas on 26, I was using BusTracker earlier to check 103rd's roster and they were almost all NF, with 2 artics

That's far less artics that have been seen on this route in months. That's almost back to how buses were deployed on this route before 103rd got the extra 25 to 30 artics at the start of the fall pick.

Absolutely ridiculous. And the comments given in response of the article don't help because they're just ignorant as this young couple involved in this chase and resulting crash.

There were comments (mostly on Feder) that when the Tribune went off Facebook, all the old flamers came back. When on Facebook, most of the crime stories didn't have comment boards.

Guess it proves something should be moderated.