More Bus Moves

sw4400

The buses we have parked her right now is 6481 and 6798 not sure how long they will be here though. 6868 is also there <<<< latest update as of 12:20 am lol.

When was the last time novas were at 103rd. Also, they aren't there now, but around 9:00 this morning my grandma saw 1523 on the 4 and rode 1143 on the 3, both of which were on the 30 yesterday and are on the roster for 103rd. No one will believe me, but whatever is about to happen is going to start at 103rd. They have novas (albeit 3) and are loaning on the 3 and 4. I'm surprised the 3 even still has NF's, the way 77th been packing 7900's on that route.

Ouch!! #6424's on the #80, #6426's is on the #84, #6428's on the #78, #6430's on the #152, #6431's on the #56, #6434's on the #92 and #6435's on the #85, #6436's is on the #91!! :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKwwcCpa2Ag

After further review it must have be deemed the touch screen clever device buses were too advanced in technology for FG, #6863 has gone back to the #63.

• Upvote 4

When was the last time novas were at 103rd. Also, they aren't there now, but around 9:00 this morning my grandma saw 1523 on the 4 and rode 1143 on the 3, both of which were on the 30 yesterday and are on the roster for 103rd. No one will believe me, but whatever is about to happen is going to start at 103rd. They have novas (albeit 3) and are loaning on the 3 and 4. I'm surprised the 3 even still has NF's, the way 77th been packing 7900's on that route.

Although those look like moves those busses were probably extra capacity due to the St. Patricks Day Parade and dyeing of the river. 1523 is not on any route and 1143 is back on 29.

• Upvote 2

Never assigned there as a matter of course. There might have been loaners before.

And that's all these recent ones might have been especially with 6798 being back at 74th. Sorry to Mr CTA85, but just like it seems that they want to keep FG stocked with only 6400s for whatever stupid reason, it doesn't seem to likely that they will put 6400s at 103rd in an officially assigned capacity.

Ouch!! #6424's on the #80, #6426's is on the #84, #6428's on the #78, #6430's on the #152, #6431's on the #56, #6434's on the #92 and #6435's on the #85, #6436's is on the #91!! :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKwwcCpa2Ag

After further review it must have be deemed the touch screen clever device buses were too advanced in technology for FG, #6863 has gone back to the #63.

Yikes. So it wasn't just my imagination coming home that it seemed to be more buses marked 64xx on those routes today than I previously remembered.

Yikes. So it wasn't just my imagination coming home that it seemed to be more buses marked 64xx on those routes today than I previously remembered.

I guess now the 74th #6400 Novas rate. They can't send FG a 74th nova unless they send over an updated clever device bus, so they discovered they can send them Chicago's and not have to do that!! :P I wonder did Chicago just lose buses or there was an even swap with someone else? If we figure all Novas up to #6436 are gone at Chicago that leaves them 68 Novas. It's starting to be not worth sending them #7900's. In saying that they could go to FG after 74th, but if they do, I think Fg will get all 250 Novas left. It will be interesting to see if Chicago or Fg will get them next because I think that decides if they will get 250 or 150? But I also have this weird feeling 74th may be getting more than 100 #7900's. They are still hovering in the 80's at 74th for #6400's. That more buses than the 50-55 #8000's that still need to enter service.

I guess now the 74th #6400 Novas rate. They can't send FG a 74th nova unless they send over an updated clever device bus, so they discovered they can send them Chicago's and not have to do that!! :P I wonder did Chicago just lose buses or there was an even swap with someone else? If we figure all Novas up to #6436 are gone at Chicago that leaves them 68 Novas. It's starting to be not worth sending them #7900's. In saying that they could go to FG after 74th, but if they do, I think Fg will get all 250 Novas left. It will be interesting to see if Chicago or Fg will get them next because I think that decides if they will get 250 or 150? But I also have this weird feeling 74th may be getting more than 100 #7900's. They are still hovering in the 80's at 74th for #6400's. That more buses than the 50-55 #8000's that still need to enter service.

I think the only thing that can be concluded (especially after your initial surmises that 300 or 450 would go to 77th) is that where the junk is still in an animated state doesn't meant that's where the 7900s are going.

Preview for FG's future bus fleet is here.... they'll be departing for South Shops to get inspected, and changed into CTA livery w/logo and put on the streets middle to later this year....

It worked for RTA South during the Grumman fiasco.

Also, until recently, worked for Pace 600 series routes (although Pace insisted on lifts about 2000).

I think the only thing that can be concluded (especially after your initial surmises that 300 or 450 would go to 77th) is that where the junk is still in an animated state doesn't meant that's where the 7900s are going.

Yes I was going to pose a similar question of whether 74th still miraculously hovering at 80 plus 6400s had more to do with CTA not retiring more 6400s now that they have the opportunity with about 150 or so 7900s being in service and them being down to a final 300 plus NF 1000s left to get rehabbed along with recent rehabs being completed in an accelerated higher number.

Yes I was going to pose a similar question of whether 74th still miraculously hovering at 80 plus 6400s had more to do with CTA not retiring more 6400s now that they have the opportunity with about 150 or so 7900s being in service and them being down to a final 300 plus NF 1000s left to get rehabbed along with recent rehabs being completed in an accelerated higher number.

They could be retiring buses internally within the garage. That would give them less novas. No way does FG have 282 buses. Something must be retiring. I don't think they have a capacity for 280 at the glen.

They could be retiring buses internally within the garage. That would give them less novas. No way does FG have 282 buses. Something must be retiring. I don't think they have a capacity for 280 at the glen.

Not sure if you have a roster, but unless there is a scrap contract (and the Ordinances don't reflect an award on the solicitation) and the scrapper tows them directly from FG, they have to be stored somewhere, and the only place that seems to have the space is 77th's boneyard.

I would tend to agree that something has to be OOS and on the path to retirement just from how compact space is at FG compared to other garages especially with new development boxing them in essentially and leaving them far less room to go over capacity than at other garages.