More Bus Moves

sw4400

4193 I think might be the only thing new to 103rd out of those three (if I'm remembering the prior cutoff between Kedzie and 103rd correctly). 4177 and 4185 have been there since the purging of all artics from 77th garage at the start of last year's fall pick.

#4195 is the cutoff at 103rd currently.

Would it be nice to have a bus tracker at a nearby lobby or hallway while coming to and from home??? :) Don't worry, I don't live there (I wish :lol:). Just a routine delivery in Lakeview. :lol:

It says it is the DIY display, and IIRC, Kevin said you could do it (CTA page).

CTA isn't going to tell you that there are still parking spaces available in the garage. :rolleyes:

#1850 is either a loan (less likely) or move from 103rd to Kedzie, on 7

No, that's an official move for the time being.

Not a move, been at Kedzie since the swap thing a couple of months ago.

#1850 was sidelined since late fall, early winter due to an accident occurred on an 103rd route. So therefore, this is the latest move to Kedzie.

No, that's an official move for the time being.

#1850 was sidelined since late fall, early winter due to an accident occurred on an 103rd route. So therefore, this is the latest move to Kedzie.

Oops -_- was just going with the garage roster. My bad.

I meant 103rd being short of 40ft buses that the only buses they can loan out are artics.

They might have loaned the artic because the 4 specifically needed it. However, I think that 4081 being loaned just happened to be a matter of convience (the 4 gets a bus and #4081 gets about 8 blocks distance of 103rd).

They might have loaned the artic because the 4 specifically needed it. However, I think that 4081 being loaned just happened to be a matter of convience (the 4 gets a bus and #4081 gets about 8 blocks distance of 103rd).

It is only convenient if 103rd is operating that bus as a fill in. If it is a loaner and a 77th operator is driving it, it doesn't matter because that operator will mostl likely take it back to 77th, and it will be up to the hikers to return it to 103rd.

It is only convenient if 103rd is operating that bus as a fill in. If it is a loaner and a 77th operator is driving it, it doesn't matter because that operator will mostl likely take it back to 77th, and it will be up to the hikers to return it to 103rd.

To really think about it, I wonder if it would've made sense for #3 and #4 being part of 103rd.

To really think about it, I wonder if it would've made sense for #3 and #4 being part of 103rd.

With the 3 and the 4 being at 77th, it is just a one ride shot for drivers to get from the garage to 79th/King or 79th/Cottage Grove. Unless a 103rd operator catches a pull out/in, it would take 2 buses to get from 103rd/Stony to 95th/St. Lawrence. I suppose maybe a 353 operator might drop off a CTA driver there but I don't know if they would pick one up there.

With the 29, that is a one seat ride on the 106 between garage and 95th/REd Line

With the 6, that is a one seat ride on either the 28 or the 15 to 67th/Stony Island.

• Upvote 2

With the 3 and the 4 being at 77th, it is just a one ride shot for drivers to get from the garage to 79th/King or 79th/Cottage Grove. Unless a 103rd operator catches a pull out/in, it would take 2 buses to get from 103rd/Stony to 95th/St. Lawrence. I suppose maybe a 353 operator might drop off a CTA driver there but I don't know if they would pick one up there.

With the 29, that is a one seat ride on the 106 between garage and 95th/REd Line

With the 6, that is a one seat ride on either the 28 or the 15 to 67th/Stony Island.

Wow, you're definitely right on about that. Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't 103rd used to have the 3 or share it with 77th before 77th got it fully? Or has 77th always had the 3. I know 103rd had the 2 at once point (a route which I don't understand why they lost in the 1st place).

If I'm not mistaken, didn't 103rd used to have the 3 or share it with 77th before 77th got it fully? Or has 77th always had the 3. I know 103rd had the 2 at once point (a route which I don't understand why they lost in the 1st place).

3 has been at 77 about since when CTA took over CMC.

Chicago Transit and Railfan does reflect 2 at 103 from 2003-2008. Must have had something to do with the South Lake Shore Dr. restructuring. Also backs up what I said about 3.

77th has always had the 3 and the 4. The 2 was originally a 52nd/Cottage Grove route until that garage closed in 1981 or 1982. At that point it became a 77th route exclusively until around 2003. When 103rd first got the University of Chicago routes, the 2 became shared with 77th, and at some point went back to 77th exclusively. 103rd had lost all of the University routes to ARcher except the 173 (which was 103rd but got eliminated) and the 192 which interlined with the 14. When ARcher closed, those routes returned to 103rd