More Bus Moves

sw4400

3 has been at 77 about since when CTA took over CMC.

Chicago Transit and Railfan does reflect 2 at 103 from 2003-2008. Must have had something to do with the South Lake Shore Dr. restructuring. Also backs up what I said about 3.

77th has always had the 3 and the 4. The 2 was originally a 52nd/Cottage Grove route until that garage closed in 1981 or 1982. At that point it became a 77th route exclusively until around 2003. When 103rd first got the University of Chicago routes, the 2 became shared with 77th, and at some point went back to 77th exclusively. 103rd had lost all of the University routes to ARcher except the 173 (which was 103rd but got eliminated) and the 192 which interlined with the 14. When ARcher closed, those routes returned to 103rd

Oh ok thanks guys for the history.

For those who spout, "Pictures, or it didn't happen.", get set to fall off your chair.

I went out Wednesday evening for a munch at Hard Water @ Clark and Howard. But while waiting for an eastbound #77 Belmont bus, what do I actually glimpse?

A New Flyer bus on #77 Belmont! :blink: Make that a rehabbed New Flyer bus on #77 Belmont. :lol:

O.K. It was most probably a loan. In the first photo beneath, you can espy the "P" sticker on the windshield. This did make for an incongruous picture when a Nova Classic bus pulled up on northbound #54 Cicero. [usually, it is the other way around.]

BiT20Zby.jpg 6GkPX3r3.jpg Half2M1A.jpg 8WMOoW8S.jpg

• Upvote 1

what?? That's frickin awesome lol I would love to see a pic of that bus as a 172. I hate that they always have novas at the garage whenever I'm off smh lol.

I tried to get a pic but it was 3 blocks down from my destination and I didn't want to be late, It was odd seeing another early morning loaner being a #6800 running a 103rd route.

There were comments (mostly on Feder) that when the Tribune went off Facebook, all the old flamers came back. When on Facebook, most of the crime stories didn't have comment boards.

Guess it proves something should be moderated.

Yeah some media sites rarely make commenting available on crime articles. I guess they figure the flamers will take the focus off the stupidity of the criminal and the crime done by displaying their own stupidity.

Would it be nice to have a bus tracker at a nearby lobby or hallway while coming to and from home??? :) Don't worry, I don't live there (I wish :lol:). Just a routine delivery in Lakeview. :lol:

Wow how cool. To Busjack's point about parking spaces and maybe add to it a little, I've seen a few CTA buses with internal ads from CTA and also RTA that basically say forgo parking fees and hop on the bus or train.

1324 returned from LTH to North Park. Seen yet?

I hadn't even realized that this one had been out of service and the recent rash of heavy swapping sure would have masked that detail from anyone who didn't noticed.

For those who spout, "Pictures, or it didn't happen.", get set to fall off your chair.

I went out Wednesday evening for a munch at Hard Water @ Clark and Howard. But while waiting for an eastbound #77 Belmont bus, what do I actually glimpse?

A New Flyer bus on #77 Belmont! :blink: Make that a rehabbed New Flyer bus on #77 Belmont. :lol:

O.K. It was most probably a loan. In the first photo beneath, you can espy the "P" sticker on the windshield. This did make for an incongruous picture when a Nova Classic bus pulled up on northbound #54 Cicero. [usually, it is the other way around.]

BiT20Zby.jpg 6GkPX3r3.jpg Half2M1A.jpg 8WMOoW8S.jpg

Nice to see pics but we would have believed you since NP has been lending FG NFs for the 77 and other routes quite a bit for a while now especially during the past couple of months or so. (Plus I think you meant Nova LFS by the way since CTA never has had the Classics). :lol:

I saw #6860 going SB on Kedzie @ 27th today. I'm not sure why it would have a Kedzie Garage destination reading. :huh:

Similar run numbers, the garage reading in the case of a bus on loan would still reflect the assigned garage of the operator, and not the bus.

The Chicago Tribune and the Chicago Sun Times have both seen the NTSB report on the O'Hare overrun. Here is the link to the article on the Tribune, and here is a link to read the transcript of the driver interview after the accident. These are probably now on the NTSB's site too, but I haven't checked that.

Similar run numbers, the garage reading in the case of a bus on loan would still reflect the assigned garage of the operator, and not the bus.

The only thing I noted was that if it were headed to Kedzie Garage, it was going the wrong way,

The only thing I noted was that if it were headed to Kedzie Garage, it was going the wrong way,

I've seen rare cases of buses being on a pullout rather than a pullin and still display a garage reading in the destination. Of course It might be possible the bus was being returned to 74th and simply displaying the last reading the bus had on it when Kedzie used it. I say that because I happened to note the person behind the wheel wasn't in an operator's uniform.

I've seen rare cases of buses being on a pullout rather than a pullin and still display a garage reading in the destination. Of course It might be possible the bus was being returned to 74th and simply displaying the last reading the bus had on it when Kedzie used it. I say that because I happened to note the person behind the wheel wasn't in an operator's uniform.

Destination sign retains whatever was the last reading for the last run it was logged into until another run number is logged in. Mechanics going out on road calls are supposed to log in as 992 and change sign to "Not in service" but sometimes they don't bother, so sign stays on garage reading. Same for pullouts. Driver is supposed to log in with their run number before leaving garage, but some don't.