More Bus Moves

sw4400

I was just taking a look at the online Train Tracker and I noticed that their header picture is quite strange...

h5nX3.png

It almost looks like the train in the back has an LED run sign, but it could just be the lighting. The weird part is the "Kimball" train at the back and an Orange line in the front, and it's not in the loop...what station would that be? :blink:

I was just taking a look at the online Train Tracker and I noticed that their header picture is quite strange...

h5nX3.png

It almost looks like the train in the back has an LED run sign, but it could just be the lighting. The weird part is the "Kimball" train at the back and an Orange line in the front, and it's not in the loop...what station would that be? :blink:

If nothing else, the canopy looks phoney. Hence, unless someone knows something else, it looks like the Photoshop Station.

Blowing up the picture, it looks like the back car is 3363.

If nothing else, the canopy looks phoney. Hence, unless someone knows something else, it looks like the Photoshop Station.

That, and look just under the yellow "wifi" icon on the Orange line train...it looks like a reflection of an amber LED sign, but another train couldn't fit there...I'm starting to think you're right :P

h5nX3.png

That picture look like is Belmont (Red,Brown and Purple Line NB ) station.

h5nX3.png

Most likely Belmont. The three giveaways to me are on the train in the foreground. Note the Yellow-Yellow markers on the closer train. Those are used for Howard and 95th. Also, check out the window on the front door. It doesn't have a split so that it can open, and since the train front is similar to a 3200, that makes it a 2600. On the 3200s the window can open, and it has a split. Finally, if you look at the front left (of the train) window, you'll notice that there's a bunch of signals reflected in it, probably for Clark Junction.

Hope this helps! :)

Most likely Belmont. The three giveaways to me are on the train in the foreground. Note the Yellow-Yellow markers on the closer train. Those are used for Howard and 95th. Also, check out the window on the front door. It doesn't have a split so that it can open, and since the train front is similar to a 3200, that makes it a 2600. On the 3200s the window can open, and it has a split. Finally, if you look at the front left (of the train) window, you'll notice that there's a bunch of signals reflected in it, probably for Clark Junction.

Hope this helps! :)

Now that you point that out, it is a red line...I didn't pay attention to the class lights; the sign looks orange but I guess it's a red line. Lighting's just a bit odd...makes the signs look strange.

Now that you point that out, it is a red line...I didn't pay attention to the class lights; the sign looks orange but I guess it's a red line. Lighting's just a bit odd...makes the signs look strange.

Yeah. When Garmon757 took a bunch of pictures of new 5000s on the Red Line a while back, the lighting occasionally made the side LED signs look orange as well...

Yeah. When Garmon757 took a bunch of pictures of new 5000s on the Red Line a while back, the lighting occasionally made the side LED signs look orange as well...

I remember that :P

"This is an Orange Line train to 95th!" Your camera sure did a number on that sign on 5538...

What was the purpose of Orange Line trains to Wilson? Do they still have those? I'm only wondering because this picture brought back the times when I saw the roll-signs switch from Howard to Express on the Dan and it passing over an orange colored "Wilson"

I'm not sure if it was a faded sign, or it was like the Ford City sign, and the Orange Line never went there either, unless it levitated.

Did the electronic signs on the 5K's always have the tern (or swift?) on the inside of the car [on Yellow Line trains bound for Skokie]? I think I noticed this earlier this year but can't recall seeing it when the 5K's first arrived. :huh:

It's been there from the beginning as far as I know. It might not have been there back when the 5000s had amber outer signs, but that was for a very short period of time and the yellow line didn't have 5000s back then.

...It might not have been there back when the 5000s had amber outer signs, but that was for a very short period of time and the yellow line didn't have 5000s back then.

Back when the 5000s were tested systemwide, the amber signs were briefly used on the Yellow Line and displayed the swift logo. It's hard to see in this picture, but it's there.