wordguy

More Bus Moves

23 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

There is always a problem with Pace on any of these!

The problem with Pace is the one discussed before: CTA discloses its API, but Pace does not. Only public data are the schedules and bus stops.

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

#2024 is on Rt.67 this morning, that is the strangest thing I've seen in a long time.

Screenshot_20180605-110930.png49

Getting somewhat back on topic, hasn't been the first time in recent weeks that 74th was short. A few 1060s and 1150s from 103rd filled in 74th runs on the 49/X49 about two to three weeks ago. Here's another interesting sighting. 74th Garage appears to be operating the 130 today per 8018 and 1455 being on the route today when Kedzie was just running the route with artics as late as last Thursday and Friday. 

Spotted 8092 this afternoon  on the 130.  Even stranger was the trip was operated by 74th with the run number beginning with a 6.  Confirmed by jajuan's post preceding this one.

I wonder if some of the shuffling is related to CTA supplementing bus terminal service at O'Hare which started Thursday.  I noted there were  at least 2 or 3 attics at Terminal 5 then.i spotted one artic heading to the core terminals but couldn't get the bus number. There were also 40'buses there also.

5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Spotted 8092 this afternoon  on the 130.  Even stranger was the trip was operated by 74th with the run number beginning with a 6.  Confirmed by jajuan's post preceding this one.

I wonder if some of the shuffling is related to CTA supplementing bus terminal service at O'Hare which started Thursday.  I noted there were  at least 2 or 3 attics at Terminal 5 then.i spotted one artic heading to the core terminals but couldn't get the bus number. There were also 40'buses there also.

That is a rare sight seeing CTA buses that far northwest at least for me but seeing 74th's buses operating on Rt.130 is even more rare to say the least. But back to #2024 isn't that apart of Kedzie roster or Chicago's?

That is a rare sight seeing CTA buses that far northwest at least for me but seeing 74th's buses operating on Rt.130 is even more rare to say the least. But back to #2024 isn't that apart of Kedzie roster or Chicago's?

2024 is a Chicago garage bus.

6 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Chicago garage

15 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I was at the airport and saw them picking up at terminal 1. Newer 8200s. I thought it was because the blue line service has been poor lately. There's been a lot of mechanical delays in the last week. Thought maybe it was just another line cut.

5 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I was at the airport and saw them picking up at terminal 1. Newer 8200s. I thought it was because the blue line service has been poor lately. There's been a lot of mechanical delays in the last week. Thought maybe it was just another line cut.

If CTA were to run Rosemont to ORD shuttle service. I think wisdom would have the airport pickup and dropoff point at the Bus Shuttle Center which is closest to the CTA  station.

Manuevring around the upper level at the airport is a nightmare specially with Uber and  Lyft drivers clogging the terminals. 

I saw 1306 on route 55 about a hr ago heading westbound to Lake Park. Not sure what's going on at 74th.

15 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

I saw 1306 on route 55 about a hr ago heading westbound to Lake Park. Not sure what's going on at 74th.

I saw #1421 around 2:30 AM heading Northbound on western with a lot mechanical equipment inside and two goodyear tires. I know it was probably just standard night operations but it was still strange to see.

31 minutes ago, XE NewFlyer said:

i saw 1502 and 1421 on the 130 today and i think those are 74th garage buses

Anyone check run numbers? Looks like 130 was reassigned to 74h.

32 minutes ago, XE NewFlyer said:

i saw 1502 and 1421 on the 130 today and i think those are 74th garage buses

Yeah they are, Hmm I wonder where #1421 was at last night then.

4 minutes ago, Busjack said:

1421 130: Museum Campus130 -204 K (Kedzie) via ctamaths22

1502 130: Museum Campus130 -203 K (Kedzie) via ctamaths22

On 6/6/2018 at 8:29 AM, BusHunter said:

On 6/6/2018 at 2:05 PM, artthouwill said:

If CTA were to run Rosemont to ORD shuttle service. I think wisdom would have the airport pickup and dropoff point at the Bus Shuttle Center which is closest to the CTA  station.

Manuevring around the upper level at the airport is a nightmare specially with Uber and  Lyft drivers clogging the terminals. 

ATS shut down Monday 5am - Saturday 5am from June 4, 2018 through the winter season.

It's really going to be bad for a while getting around O'Hare:

https://www.flychicago.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/O'Hare/ServicesAmenities/ATS/ATS_June3 Map.pdf

Although it says airport transit buses, I remember reading elsewhere (and saw) that CTA buses would be provided while the ATS is shut down.

The arctics were staging after Terminal 3 departures in the right lane. When I went by yesterday, the last arctic was parked with the swing-out blocking all but the left most departure exit lanes, causing a huge backup for everyone else to get out of that level. I remember seeing 2 CTA arctics in use on the departure level and 3-4 parked in the staging area. I'll try to get a picture next time I go through.

Edited by jtrosario
Added quotes

6 hours ago, Busjack said:

Which would be strange in a way, given last week Kedzie provided all the buses and they were all artics just about. 

6 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

1421 130: Museum Campus130 -204 K (Kedzie) via ctamaths22

1502 130: Museum Campus130 -203 K (Kedzie) via ctamaths22

Those aren't the run numbers, but it still seems to confirm that 130 hasn't been reassigned since maths22's tracker is still tied to CTA's API data in some way if I remember right. Something else internally is going on since there have been Kedzie buses popping up on obvious 74th Garage routes. Perhaps the bus operations divisions had to shake up the buses at the last minute among the garages to account for CTA providing buses to cover replacement service for the O'Hare ATS since these strange sightings this week on the bus routes coincide with CTA's providing buses to O'Hare.

11 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I saw #1421 around 2:30 AM heading Northbound on western with a lot mechanical equipment inside and two goodyear tires. I know it was probably just standard night operations but it was still strange to see.

What was 1421 Doing Carrying Mechanical Stuff

11 hours ago, jajuan said:

Which would be strange in a way, given last week Kedzie provided all the buses and they were all artics just about. 

Those aren't the run numbers, but it still seems to confirm that 130 hasn't been reassigned since maths22's tracker is still tied to CTA's API data in some way if I remember right. Something else internally is going on since there have been Kedzie buses popping up on obvious 74th Garage routes. Perhaps the bus operations divisions had to shake up the buses at the last minute among the garages to account for CTA providing buses to cover replacement service for the O'Hare ATS since these strange sightings this week on the bus routes coincide with CTA's providing buses to O'Hare.

Idk cause every bus i saw on 130 was a 74th bus with 6??? as run numbers.

Idk cause every bus i saw on 130 was a 74th bus with 6??? as run numbers.

When I asked about run numbers, that was the kind of run number about which I was asking.

The numbers @maths22's program picked up are supposedly the pull out sequence, which would indicate that they pulled out of Kedzie, but maybe something strange is happening in the scheduling system.

The consistency of reports that they were 74th buses, as opposed to a bus here or there, is what made me question whether the route had been reassigned.

The other strange thing is that the tracker shows 1600s on Saturdays and Sundays, but 74th buses (including 8067) on weekdays, looking at 12:00 noon. We can bet 8067 isn't a loaner to K.

tracker.thumb.png.ab2882ac3a68f98e01f0b10446ec0f1f.png

On 6/8/2018 at 9:49 AM, Busjack said:

When I asked about run numbers, that was the kind of run number about which I was asking.

The numbers @maths22's program picked up are supposedly the pull out sequence, which would indicate that they pulled out of Kedzie, but maybe something strange is happening in the scheduling system.

The consistency of reports that they were 74th buses, as opposed to a bus here or there, is what made me question whether the route had been reassigned.

The other strange thing is that the tracker shows 1600s on Saturdays and Sundays, but 74th buses (including 8067) on weekdays, looking at 12:00 noon. We can bet 8067 isn't a loaner to K.

tracker.thumb.png.ab2882ac3a68f98e01f0b10446ec0f1f.png

The other monkey wrench is Art reporting in the surplus artic thread that he saw one on the 130 on Tuesday, and we all know 74th doesn't have those. Maybe they have K and 74th sharing. 

The #130 must have been flipped to 74th after that initial week it returned to service for the summer. About two weeks or so with nothing but 74th buses seen on this route, CTA had to have reassigned from K to 74th.