More Bus Moves

sw4400

I got 14 of 15. Missed the red sign at Chicago (Brown Line).

​Same here. The one that was obvious to me is that the Green Line does not stop in Hyde Park, based on someone once posting a question why on the CTA Tattler to that effect. My reaction was "if they extended it through Washington Park to a station at Hyde Park and Greenwood," but you know that was totally facetious.

The Brown Line express north seemed to be a trick question.

Edited by Busjack

I'm The Brown Line express north seemed to be a trick question.

​Yeah, I messed up on the Brown Line express question. :ph34r:

I seriously had to think about that trick question for a moment because of the fact that I've been on 5 of them that went express to Western. Now about that red art design at Chicago/Franklin, I knew that was going to throw some people off with that question. I ride the Brown Line awfully a lot to know that one.

I seriously had to think about that trick question for a moment because of the fact that I've been on 5 of them that went express to Western. Now about that red art design at Chicago/Franklin, I knew that was going to throw some people off with that question. I ride the Brown Line awfully a lot to know that one.

​Nearly messed up the Brown Line Express one, but I remembered taking that all the way back in '08. The red art did throw me off, so 14/15

Someone asked for a bus routes quiz, so I made one. Hope you all do good! You do not have to put your real F/L name, but it does give you a certificate at the end if you did good.

https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=mta3otiynw==c6ic

​I did great 8 out of 10 because I wrong on 103rd Street routes. Thank you for  bus routes quiz.

Edited by ArcherRider

I was told the railroad down at Grand/Harlem had the #90 blocked for about a whole hour. The service is messed up now. We got 4 buses heading south within 20 minutes and 3 or 4 heading north. There a half hour gap behind my pack of buses.

Edited by BusHunter

The supervisor seems to be on top of it. He's sending my bus to north ave only sb. The railroad is working on the tracks at 1st Avenue, River Grove. The street was shutdown this morning at the crossing for 10 days. The railroad delay might be related to that.

Now they are using yellow check flags attached to wheel chocks out here at Rosemont yard in addition to the blue flags on the ends. I guess they are worried about a runaway. Didn't notice that in howard yard. Maybe cause their trains are newer.

Btw, they had #3187-88 out for testing yesterday at Skokie Shops. Looks like it has all new wheels and underbody components.

Now they are using yellow check flags attached to wheel chocks out here at Rosemont yard in addition to the blue flags on the ends. I guess they are worried about a runaway. Didn't notice that in howard yard. Maybe cause their trains are newer.

Btw, they had #3187-88 out for testing yesterday at Skokie Shops. Looks like it has all new wheels and underbody components.

​I don't remember the significance of that car...was that one damaged in one of the accidents?

​Maybe they were seeing what they could do with 3458? I doubt it...I think if they do decide to rehab that pair it will be more extensive.

​It was on that test track, the one that goes to McCormick. It was being ran with both the red and white lights on and it looks like it had this cable running through the window just like if you remember when the #5000's were testing on track 1 on the NS main around Bryn Mawr.

Edited by BusHunter

​It was on that test track, the one that goes to McCormick. It was being ran with both the red and white lights on and it looks like it had this cable running through the window just like if you remember when the #5000's were testing on track 1 on the NS main around Bryn Mawr.

​Hm, I'm intrigued. I guess we just need to keep an eye on them! Not sure what there would be to hook a cable up to unless they added some fancy electronics in the underbody.