More Bus Moves

sw4400

​I seriously didn't know that.

​Those have been showing up in the suburbs. Also, all the Advanced Disposal garbage trucks are CNG.

The thing I wonder about is whether the natural gas from all the flares on Mount Trashmores (dumps) could be recovered.

DNAinfo did an article with the voice of the CTA surprising riders. 

CTA Tattler had just posted something on this, but it turns out it was a different video also on DNAInfo.

Also, there is a reference to sw's favorite politician B|, who only has about 9 years to serve on his sentence.

​Those have been showing up in the suburbs. Also, all the Advanced Disposal garbage trucks are CNG.

The thing I wonder about is whether the natural gas from all the flares on Mount Trashmores (dumps) could be recovered.

I don't see why it couldn't be harnessed and compressed. 

​It isn't how dense the signals are, but how close on the prior train's tail you were. However, the Brownage wouldn't have as many stops in that stretch.

It still highlights what you implied in your other thread that the Purple should go into the subway, but with all the proposed construction zones on the north main, I don't see the Purple really being express until maybe 2027.

​Yeah when they start to getting into the construction projects north of Wilson you're probably right especially at that point one would count express as including speed and not just distance traveled without making service stops. For right now though, it's still pretty express even with AM rush trains stopping southbound at Wilson, Sheridan and Addison. That's still an express zone of 30 blocks, 2 blocks shy of being 4 miles, compared against the normal express zone of 5.5 miles (44 blocks).

​Streets & San has at least 2 hybrid garbage trucks based at Western/Berwyn garage 10901-10902. Thay are also odd as they are 3 axle, but rear axle has only single tires.

​Yeah I've seen those. I previously thought they were from the Devon/Ridge facility since that's which one I'm close to and I see them in my area.

Speaking of random, I was on a northbound #9 yesterday morning, 1060 to be exact. And this guy standing at the front of the bus took his bare fist and punched the glass on one of the front doors, cracking the glass into a bunch of splinters at the point he punched it. That's just how hard he punched the glass. This occurred at the Ashland/Washington stop just as the operator was going to pull away to head to Lake. She had to take the bus out of service obviously. So 1060 will out for a days to get that glass replaced.

What the hell is #1761 doing on #74??? :o

image.jpg

​I would guess going to Fullerton and Halsted or Fullerton and Central.

However, BusHunter had posted that it appeared that C was dumping its Novas and going all NF.

I guess this falls into the random category :):

This past Wednesday I boarded a NF 43XX working route 95W eastbound at 95th and Normal. I think this must have been a school run and was after 2pm.

This was the first time I recall seeing artics on 95W. When the bus discharged passengers at the Red Line station it went Not In Service.

Speaking of random, I was on a northbound #9 yesterday morning, 1060 to be exact. And this guy standing at the front of the bus took his bare fist and punched the glass on one of the front doors, cracking the glass into a bunch of splinters at the point he punched it. That's just how hard he punched the glass. This occurred at the Ashland/Washington stop just as the operator was going to pull away to head to Lake. She had to take the bus out of service obviously. So 1060 will out for a days to get that glass replaced.

​That's just ridiculous. Why break a glass door on a bus. On one hand, it would serve him right if he cut up his hand, but on the other he would probably try to sue the CTA.

​That's just ridiculous. Why break a glass door on a bus. On one hand, it would serve him right if he cut up his hand, but on the other he would probably try to sue the CTA.

​Not just cut, I would actually be surprised if he didn't find later that day that his hand was broken since it takes a lot of force to break the glass in the manner that occurred with just his fist.

​Not just cut, I would actually be surprised if he didn't find later that day that his hand was broken since it takes a lot of force to break the glass in the manner that occurred with just his fist.

​I thought DOT required Lexan.

I guess this falls into the random category :):

This past Wednesday I boarded a NF 43XX working route 95W eastbound at 95th and Normal. I think this must have been a school run and was after 2pm.

This was the first time I recall seeing artics on 95W. When the bus discharged passengers at the Red Line station it went Not In Service.

​Coming from 95th and Throop charter school