More Bus Moves

sw4400

I can visually confirm 1237. Saw it at Caldwell and Central around 3:15

​And I spotted it at Ridge and Clark about 45 minutes later. ArcherRider's mention of seeing it on 151 this kind of backs up my thought that NP loaned it and the others out to FG today.

Had a really weird commute on the Blue Line yesterday. I got to Rosemont and waited for a FB-bound train. I barely had enough time to walk to the other end of the platform before it showed up. I boarded and it said "BEEP BEEP BEEP Your attention please...this train is being delayed because of an equipment problem on a train. Crews are working to correct the problem blah blah blah". The doors closed, and when the driver went to take power the red "Express" light by the destination signs turned on, and the cab signal beeped. He moved the handle back to brake and the light turned off, and then an alarm bell sounded instead. He opened the doors, did something for a minute or two, closed them again and we were off. The whole incident took less than 5 minutes, so not that long. We got to Cumberland and another operator got in the cab and announced that the train would run express from Cumberland to Belmont. We got to Belmont, and then the signs went to Forest Park...and right back to Express...we were running express again from Belmont to Damen.

I got downtown from Rosemont in under a half hour, which was amazing, but what was going on with the train? It was hardly delayed at all at Rosemont but we didn't hit a single red signal all the way downtown, so there was no traffic in front of us at all. Was it held up at O'Hare or something? The most confusing part was that the Express light turned on when he first tried to take power at Rosemont...

Edited by briman94

#1339 was back on the #49 this morning. :( Come on CTA everyone wants to go to the beach, but not on a junk bus. Faster buses?? Please. In that article that the tribune wrote about Dorval Carter Jr. if you notice in the picture he was facing the south side. xD Yesterday I was getting ready to file a URO sighting. (unidentified rolling object) o.OxD It actually looked weird to see such state of the art equipment on the NW side!!

• Upvote 1

Aw man don't look CTA5750!! #6458 on the #152, #6466 on the #78, #6468 on the #77, #6449 on the #84, #6446 on the #88, #6444 on the #56, #6439 on the #56.

Damn I was just on #6439 yesterday on the #65 and they didn't fix the damn seats. I was thinking if this ever comes to Fg they should retire it, cause that bus sucks!! The transmission is still groaning/whining but it has good power. Either that or send it in for an extreme makeover!!

Edited by BusHunter
  • Upvote 1

Aw man don't look CTA5750!! #6458 on the #152, #6466 on the #78, #6468 on the #77, #6449 on the #84, #6446 on the #88, #6444 on the #56, #6439 on the #56.

Damn I was just on #6439 yesterday on the #65 and they didn't fix the damn seats. I was thinking if this ever comes to Fg they should retire it, cause that bus sucks!! The transmission is still groaning/whining but it has good power. Either that or send it in for an extreme makeover!!

Welcome to the Nova Vortex! By the way, I just spotted #6855 and #6859 on Western heading northbound both signs indicated "74th Garage". However, #6859 had a F999 in the run number box. So therefore, they're both going to FG.

CTA is soon going to have a problem.  What do they send to FG after the 64 Chicago nova buses get sent. Unless they can invent some #6300's? LOL!!

And we haven't yet established if all the Chicago #6400's are gone or not. If so there is going to be some massive retiring at FG.

CTA is soon going to have a problem.  What do they send to FG after the 64 Chicago nova buses get sent. Unless they can invent some #6300's? LOL!!

And we haven't yet established if all the Chicago #6400's are gone or not. If so there is going to be some massive retiring at FG.

It's about to get ugly man!

Welcome to the Nova Vortex! By the way, I just spotted #6855 and #6859 on Western heading northbound both signs indicated "74th Garage". However, #6859 had a F999 in the run number box. So therefore, they're both going to FG.

#6859 is already out on the #77. Well well #6835 is out on the #80. First time since Feb.

Edited by BusHunter

Now that school is out for the summer,  I guess that the CTA considers this a good time to trim the size of the overall fleet and retire the most decrepit of the old Novas.   Unless service cuts take effect in the meantime,   enough 8100s --- wherever they go --- may be in service by the time school resumes to compensate for the temporary fleet shrinkage.    

It seems that Kedzie and NorthPark have given up most of the NFs that migrated to either 74th or Chicago Ave.,  but it looks as if 103rd may have been raided for a few as well.    Judging by what's shown up at ForestGlen earlier today,   I'd guess that there are still a few assorted old Novas in Chicago Avenue's stable.   By Monday we'll know.

One way or another,   there should be relief at The Glen soon (I would think)  ---  unless the CTA decides to buy second-hand Novas from some place like Calgary and assign them you-know-where.;S