More Bus Moves

sw4400

A few more Novas for Fg

#6442's on the #91, #6459's on the #77, #6471's on the #81W, #6473's on the #78, #6479's on the #77, #6866's on the #78.

I think it's safe to say all the old novas are gone from 74th, (there's only 5 to check) and it seems the #6400's are all gone from Chicago. They should be pretty close to half amber Novas by now. If chicago is down to 50 Novas or less, I would think the rest of the #7900's are destined for FG, unless they want to send them NF's, but that would mean Chicago would still get the #8100's next. It could go either way.

A few more Novas for Fg

#6442's on the #91, #6459's on the #77, #6471's on the #81W, #6473's on the #78, #6479's on the #77, #6866's on the #78.

I think it's safe to say all the old novas are gone from 74th, (there's only 5 to check) and it seems the #6400's are all gone from Chicago. They should be pretty close to half amber Novas by now. If chicago is down to 50 Novas or less, I would think the rest of the #7900's are destined for FG, unless they want to send them NF's, but that would mean Chicago would still get the #8100's next. It could go either way.

The thing I can't figure out is that they are still shuffling 6400s of the 6400s, which are the oldest and probably got the most abuse at 77th. Those should have been crushed way before now. 6800s are a different situation.

The thing I can't figure out is that they are still shuffling 6400s of the 6400s, which are the oldest and probably got the most abuse at 77th. Those should have been crushed way before now. 6800s are a different situation.

Well I wouldn't doubt alot of what was transferred will end up scrapped by Fg. It was kind of a waste to transfer them. They are 30 buses over now and if you give them those 20 more that I think they'll have, they could scrap 50 buses. If #6439 makes it now, someone needs their head examined. That makes #6422 look good. Most of these #6800's from 74th will most likely stay but those will push out most likely even more #6400's and #6600's. If Fg did get the #8100's they will most likely push out most of the pre #6709's and they will have mostly post #6709's and the new #8100's. With 60 something #1000's MIA and soon returning from rehab, that should be more than enough to supply Chicago. If you notice with this pick they removed the surplus buses. There are no more 300 fleet bus garages like there were only a few days before. Now the fleets are more in line with what they were pre #1000's rehab.

• Upvote 1

What is happening with these buses and their removals to different garages and some such??? 

What do you think? Apparently they have to be used to run some routes on the north side. CTA isn't establishing a bus museum at Wright College.

• Upvote 2

Well I wouldn't doubt alot of what was transferred will end up scrapped by Fg. It was kind of a waste to transfer them. They are 30 buses over now and if you give them those 20 more that I think they'll have, they could scrap 50 buses. If #6439 makes it now, someone needs their head examined. That makes #6422 look good. Most of these #6800's from 74th will most likely stay but those will push out most likely even more #6400's and #6600's. If Fg did get the #8100's they will most likely push out most of the pre #6709's and they will have mostly post #6709's and the new #8100's. With 60 something #1000's MIA and soon returning from rehab, that should be more than enough to supply Chicago. If you notice with this pick they removed the surplus buses. There are no more 300 fleet bus garages like there were only a few days before. Now the fleets are more in line with what they were pre #1000's rehab.

Yeah with the rehabs so close to being done as far as there now only being a relatively small few that haven't at least gotten the minimum rebuilt engine rehab, it's not as much of a need to have buses in surplus. Add that to the point that school is out and not as many buses are needed in rush hour to do school trippers, it's safe for them to retire more 6400s, speaking series and not actual fleet numbers. And yeah it would be no surprise if 6400s are gone from 74th. I've been seeing so few from there for a few weeks with 8000s displacing 100 and NFs filling further transfers or retirements. And the moves between NP and Kedzie to 74th looks like a bit of fleet number clean up, getting 1200s with 1200s at NP and Kedzie and 1300s with 1300s that were already at 74th. 

#6441 and #6861 is parked in the yard over here at fg. They removed all the buses on the back fence.  I never have seen an empty back fence before. The yard is pretty full but not overly so. They have a bunch of buses parked diagonally north of Armstrong, but they seem to be being worked on or in an acceptance phase. They are running some with the 4 way flashers. I wonder how full the yard is at 3AM but I suppose they could park a few in the aisles if needed.

What do you think? Apparently they have to be used to run some routes on the north side. CTA isn't establishing a bus museum at Wright College.

are you sure about that? Lol!!

It's the CTA Bus Shuffle Blues... buses sneaking over to other garages from their previous asssignments, throwing us for a loop at times....

• Upvote 1

There's alot more novas for Fg. They actually left some #6400's at Chicago. They must be slipping or something. 9_9 but now Fg has got more #6500's from Chicago. o.O here's a list of what i see first at chicago still

#6438 -70, #6448 - 20, #6453 - 54B, #6454 - 132, #6456 - 65, #6472 -65, all the rest seem to be either not in service today (missing) or in service at chicago

these are now at fg

#6441 - 54a, #6452 -205, #6461 - 92, #6480 -80, #6495 - 85, #6542 - 81, #6543 - 92, #6546 - 56,

and a few from 74th

#6865 - 54a, #6855 -76

On the #1000's beat we have a few more changes:

#1149 -73, #1231 - 53, #1311 -72, #1014 - 74, #1017 -70, #1063 - 74

Looks to me like np has lost all #1000's up to #1313, kedzie has lost most #1000's at least up to #1082, the only Kedzie #1000 in service right now. on #35.

There's alot more novas for Fg. They actually left some #6400's at Chicago. They must be slipping or something. 9_9 but now Fg has got more #6500's from Chicago. o.O here's a list of what i see first at chicago still

#6438 -70, #6448 - 20, #6453 - 54B, #6454 - 132, #6456 - 65, #6472 -65, all the rest seem to be either not in service today (missing) or in service at chicago

these are now at fg

#6441 - 54a, #6452 -205, #6461 - 92, #6480 -80, #6495 - 85, #6542 - 81, #6543 - 92, #6546 - 56,

and a few from 74th

#6865 - 54a, #6855 -76

How in the world FG is going to manage with approximately 300 of them??? This is getting way beyond outta hand......

How in the world FG is going to manage with approximately 300 of them??? This is getting way beyond outta hand......

from what I saw at the garage, they got rid of all those buses i got on the roster not seen since 5/26. I need to shift those over to retired until sighted. So that would take away a good 10 buses. Most likely they are examining the new arrivals now and deciding what they want to keep. #6545 was dying out repeatedly at the yard yesterday, so it might be on thin ice. There's no need to repair anything at fg, if it quits and it's anything but a simple repair that bus is gone, especially a pre #6700. We also have to account for any changes in the last month, a few more could have retired, the yard seemed kind of empty yesterday even though it was full. There was only spots for about 15 buses open, the rest would have to go in the aisles. So figuring sunday service, you can probably figure out the parking situation in the owl period. the north yard seemed more full barring the no buses on the fence. They probably will retire buses under there own power which is probably a waste but what can they do they need the space. They need to park those on the side, put them on probation, and if they become a headache, they gone as hawk says.

• Upvote 2

from what I saw at the garage, they got rid of all those buses i got on the roster not seen since 5/26. I need to shift those over to retired until sighted. So that would take away a good 10 buses. Most likely they are examining the new arrivals now and deciding what they want to keep. #6545 was dying out repeatedly at the yard yesterday, so it might be on thin ice. There's no need to repair anything at fg, if it quits and it's anything but a simple repair that bus is gone, especially a pre #6700. We also have to account for any changes in the last month, a few more could have retired, the yard seemed kind of empty yesterday even though it was full. There was only spots for about 15 buses open, the rest would have to go in the aisles. So figuring sunday service, you can probably figure out the parking situation in the owl period. the north yard seemed more full barring the no buses on the fence. They probably will retire buses under there own power which is probably a waste but what can they do they need the space. They need to park those on the side, put them on probation, and if they become a headache, they gone as hawk says.

Well, I would have to take a trip to South Shop even though I can literally walk there. 9_9:P

It is simple their can't be 300. A number must have been removed for scrapping.

Isn't the capacity 270? they still haven't leveled that piece of real estate they acquired. i thought maybe they were using that. Level it, pave it, not that hard to do. Something seems different about the south end of the yard, more space? Could they have leveled the sand/salt house? Why do they have radio cars down there, shouldn't those be at west shops? They work out of FG? or are they employee shuttles?

That's why I'll have to go to the shop to see what's going on with some of them (count).

I took the retirees off the roster. It brings the total down to 289.  #6817, #6879 and a few others might return in time but the lower ones are probably gone forever.

Edited by BusHunter

I took the retirees off the roster. It brings the total down to 289.  #6817, #6879 and a few others might return in time but the lower ones are probably gone forever.

At least it gets the current roster down 195 from the original roster, which is about where one would expect at this point, although I would argue it should be down about another 40 (assuming that the 100 4300s and 200 7900s were to replace 500s, 900s, and 6400s).