Jump to content
wordguy

More Bus Moves

Recommended Posts

It's not unusual for PM rush hour runs from 77th Street to be filled with buses just released from  the South Shops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw an unmarked new flyer today on 94th and stony. I'm almost certain it was the prototype 1000 series cause it still had the original bike rack it had back in 06 when they 1st arrived. Only thing was this bus had no numbers on it at all which was weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

I saw an unmarked new flyer today on 94th and stony. I'm almost certain it was the prototype 1000 series cause it still had the original bike rack it had back in 06 when they 1st arrived. Only thing was this bus had no numbers on it at all which was weird. 

It’s currently at 89th Training Facility as I speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, garmon757 said:

It’s currently at 89th Training Facility as I speak.

 

1 hour ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

Can you get us a picture of it 

Depends.... Garmon has to be careful if it's on private property. Even if he's photographing from the streets, he can get in trouble with CTA personnel. I'm sure there's lots of people roaming down there.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2019 at 11:54 AM, Aiden Tabucic said:

Can you get us a picture of it 

 

On 2/15/2019 at 1:10 PM, sw4400 said:

 

Depends.... Garmon has to be careful if it's on private property. Even if he's photographing from the streets, he can get in trouble with CTA personnel. I'm sure there's lots of people roaming down there.

That’s a negative mate @Aiden Tabucic, especially due to fact that I’m a CTA rail employee and absolutely no phones are allowed on the training floors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

1038 1039 1041 1042 1045 from 103rd to FG 

i think 1034-1045 are sent to FG from 103rd 

It sure looks that way.

Relative to this, I couldn't help noticing that a block of FG Smart Buses is missing from Math22's street roster today: 8236-8247. Just an assumption, but I'm guessing that they may have migrated to 103rd as part of a dozen-for-dozen swap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Earlier today I saw bus 8236 I believe pull in 103rd now that the 8325's are in service on FG routes my theory about us getting those are out there window but perhaps we're getting the upper 8200?? I don't know at this point but I'm just glad the 8325's are in service now 👍🏽👍🏽.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Earlier today I saw bus 8236 I believe pull in 103rd now that the 8325's are in service on FG routes my theory about us getting those are out there window but perhaps we're getting the upper 8200?? I don't know at this point but I'm just glad the 8325's are in service now 👍🏽👍🏽.

I don't see any on the tracker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

1038 1039 1041 1042 1045 from 103rd to FG 

i think 1034-1045 are sent to FG from 103rd 

Hey how did you know those buses went to FG? Are they on tracker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, wordguy said:

It sure looks that way.

Relative to this, I couldn't help noticing that a block of FG Smart Buses is missing from Math22's street roster today: 8236-8247. Just an assumption, but I'm guessing that they may have migrated to 103rd as part of a dozen-for-dozen swap.

Yes 8236-8247 are at 103rd from FG 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

Yes 8236-8247 are at 103rd from FG 

So with those buses at 103rd that gives us 14 Novas that's including 7903 and 04 of course 👍🏽👍🏽 not sure if were getting more or not tho. Supposedly 25-35 but originally it was 12-17 so smh we'll see either way I'm excited about this.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like those novas are gravitating towards the non-artic routes with the highest ridership. So far, they're mostly on the 34/119 & the 95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Looks like those novas are gravitating towards the non-artic routes with the highest ridership. So far, they're mostly on the 34/119 & the 95

Which ones 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×