sw4400

More Bus Moves

1561& 1686 sitting in the training lot at Chicago garage guess they gone finish training tommorow cuz I seen both of them in the lot train with 1946 when I drove through there on my way home today 

IMG_20190528_194321315.jpg

IMG_20190528_194325156.jpg

Why do CTA make garages switch buses for the same bus model like kedize swapped it's 11'&12' with 7 & 03 for 16'17& 18 like why not swap for different models 

4 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

It’s not a bus move 1592 has been at FG for a long time now 

Understood, but I thought 77 was going all Nova with the 7900 Series Novas.

38 minutes ago, ChicagoNova said:

Understood, but I thought 77 was going all Nova with the 7900 Series Novas.

Not all the time some rush trips they add flyers there to you rarely see flyers on Belmont just like you rarely see flyers on the Ashland route 

Cermak (22nd Street) was originally #22 in the original scheme. 21 was Fulton/21st. Clark/Wentworth was Thru-Route 22, which was a different series, and local Clark and Wentworth cars were considered 2, This was soon seen as a problem. So Cermak became 21, Clark/Wentworth kept 22, and Fulton/21st was renumbered 15, which had been its old Thru-route number. This is also why Canal-Wacker bus became 15, as it partially replced the Fulton/21st carline.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 5

On 6/9/2019 at 2:29 PM, andrethebusman said:

Cermak (22nd Street) was originally #22 in the original scheme. 21 was Fulton/21st. Clark/Wentworth was Thru-Route 22, which was a different series, and local Clark and Wentworth cars were considered 2, This was soon seen as a problem. So Cermak became 21, Clark/Wentworth kept 22, and Fulton/21st was renumbered 15, which had been its old Thru-route number. This is also why Canal-Wacker bus became 15, as it partially replced the Fulton/21st carline.

Saw  4119 over at SS tonight wasn't this the bus that crashed on LSD 6684 was sitting by the gate on the 79th side maybe coming back to service 

IMG_20190610_210001769.jpg

9 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Saw  4119 over at SS tonight wasn't this the bus that crashed on LSD 6684 was sitting by the gate on the 79th side maybe coming back to service 

IMG_20190610_210001769.jpg

Damnnnnn 4119 still waiting for repair? It’s been couple months now

Now that I think about it, what is the purpose of the 10 going all the way to water tower and not just Og/Union? Who is it serving by going all the way up there, especially when there is existing, competing service that's almost, if not more frequent (146/147/151, maybe the 3)?

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Now that I think about it, what is the purpose of the 10 going all the way to water tower and not just Og/Union? Who is it serving by going all the way up there, especially when there is existing, competing service that's almost, if not more frequent (146/147/151, maybe the 3)?

A lot of tourists stay on the Mag Mile and the Museum is a tourist destination.   

44 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Yea 4119 was the one that landed up on the side of sears tower

Oh yea I forgot about that crash I was thinking the one that crashed on into the tree on LSD other then 4167 

Due to service tweaks, some of the 1050s may be making their way from 103rd to K. 1052 is currently on the #126.

No changes to the Nova assignments at this time.

22 minutes ago, RJL6000 said:

Due to service tweaks, some of the 1050s may be making their way from 103rd to K. 1052 is currently on the #126.

No changes to the Nova assignments at this time.

what could go to 103rd in exchange?