Jump to content
sw4400

More Bus Moves

Recommended Posts

A run number is based on what route that run is on the largest percentage of the day. As a result a given route you could see run numbers from four or five groups since many runs now work more than one route. For instance a 29-State run that also does a half on 112-Vincennes/111th would have a 29 series run number while on 112 if the 29 half is longer, or a 112 run number if the 112 half is. The run number groups haven't changed in years, though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or do the new flyer 1000s sound like street cleaners when the air conditioners on on the buses. I was at Damen and Irving park one day waiting for the 80 Irving park and it was a new flyer, I could hear the bus all the way at Irving park and Ravenswood. It sounded like a street cleaner. I’ve heard them sound like that around the city too. Is it a bad thing that they make that street cleaner sound? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Manny018 said:

Is it just me or do the new flyer 1000s sound like street cleaners when the air conditioners on on the buses. I was at Damen and Irving park one day waiting for the 80 Irving park and it was a new flyer, I could hear the bus all the way at Irving park and Ravenswood. It sounded like a street cleaner. I’ve heard them sound like that around the city too. Is it a bad thing that they make that street cleaner sound? 

I love when they do that and no it’s not a bad thing it’s because the driver has the a/c cranked to the Max 

BTW wrong topic for this post 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Did 1055 go back to 03 or still kicking it at C

I've been waiting to update the roster, but it keeps showing as "not running or doesn't exist", 1052 and 1791 also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sw4400 said:

I've been waiting to update the roster, but it keeps showing as "not running or doesn't exist", 1052 and 1791 also.

You can put 1791 under North park I seen it on tracker the 2nd day after it the move 1052 as well went to C with 1053 1054-1055 are at C I think 1055 and 1052 went back to 103rd idk why they are not on tracker 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Did a lady’s body really get split in half at 69th earlier today? I’m hearing that 

If she got caught btwn the train and the platform, it's possible. Enough platform and train speed and the body can twist right in half. However, CCC hasn't released any details about her death yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Did a lady’s body really get split in half at 69th earlier today? I’m hearing that 

I don't think we need that detail here, either. Just "Accident with a passenger at 69th caused Service Disruption on the Red Line" will do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

image.thumb.png.356fe61b26dbeadb71fbad11d00fb769.png

Apparently, they meant sick :D

I was about to say "CTA really needs to proofread their tweets." LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder why they decided to just shut all service down past 69th? There are crossovers north of every station from Sox on south (63rd is the only non (x) crossover), why not reduce the load and run 79th-95th train and have the link from there? Cuts down on buses for the shuttle bridge and you only need 2 trains to run that.

Having now typed this, it made me realize CTA is really dedicated to having some form of track crossing btwn each station more so than any system I know, bar maybe NYC (DC & Philly could definitely use more)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

You can put 1791 under North park I seen it on tracker the 2nd day after it the move 1052 as well went to C with 1053 1054-1055 are at C I think 1055 and 1052 went back to 103rd idk why they are not on tracker 

Aw ok bet

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I wonder why they decided to just shut all service down past 69th? There are crossovers north of every station from Sox on south (63rd is the only non (x) crossover), why not reduce the load and run 79th-95th train and have the link from there? Cuts down on buses for the shuttle bridge and you only need 2 trains to run that.

Having now typed this, it made me realize CTA is really dedicated to having some form of track crossing btwn each station more so than any system I know, bar maybe NYC (DC & Philly could definitely use more)

My guess would be power cutoff. I don't think the CTA has the ability to cutoff power for just one track, power probably has to be cutoff for the entire stretch(both tracks) they are working at.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

My guess would be power cutoff. I don't think the CTA has the ability to cutoff power for just one track, power probably has to be cutoff for the entire stretch(both tracks) they are working at.

Mhm, didn't think about that. Tangentially, Reminds me of the recent kerfuffle in Seattle where some people were complaining about the additional cost for building 1500v substations for their light rail and then not accepting the answer that it allowed them to cut down on the amount of substations built and run more/longer trains 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

1799 back at Chicago for a min saw it  today on Cicero coming from the garage on its was to run the 72 had it 72 up on the sign 

It’s not on tracker anymore so probably went back to FG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

What's going on at K with #8342?  There's been no news for a good month or two

K is using 8342 as their pet or something they literally aren’t doing anything with it 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2019 at 8:42 AM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

I like the 20’s because of the seating arrangement 

I hate those awful seats.   I was on 1931 on a 22 Thursday & it has them.    Send it back to C!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

K is using 8342 as their pet or something they literally aren’t doing anything with it 

Haven't heard much but train ing I was over there yesterday and seen it sitting right at the gate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...