Jump to content
sw4400

More Bus Moves

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

I wish FG would get 1900-1999 and keep them also 1270-1279 and 1111 and 1070-1079

And I wish Kedzie would get Novas so I can see them on the #21 but that's not how CTA works unfortunately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

And I wish Kedzie would get Novas so I can see them on the #21 but that's not how CTA works unfortunately

I personally would love it FG was all New Flyers with some artics for Belmont and Lawrence this would be my pattern 

get rid of all the novas FG has to some other garage and FG gets 1000-1250 and 4000-4025

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

I personally would love it FG was all New Flyers with some artics for Belmont and Lawrence this would be my pattern 

get rid of all the novas FG has to some other garage and FG gets 1000-1250 and 4000-4025

Create a "More Proposed Bus Moves" thread.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

I personally would love it FG was all New Flyers with some artics for Belmont and Lawrence this would be my pattern 

get rid of all the novas FG has to some other garage and FG gets 1000-1250 and 4000-4025

Idk why they give FG no artic's 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fg.mark said:

They can't give any artic's to FG because FG does not have the lifts to service them.  

Oh yea they just like 74 don't have the lifts for em 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Idk why they give FG no artic's 

Neither FG nor 74th have lifts in their garages to service artic buses.

It is interesting that C can and 74th can't,  considering both garages were built close to the same time and neither of their predessecors had artics.  Artics at that time were 55' long.  The first 60' attics came used from Seattle around 2003 and the first new 60' artics, built by NABI came around 2005.  If any garages needed retrofitted lifts, they were the ones already assigned artics.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Neither FG nor 74th have lifts in their garages to service artic buses.

It is interesting that C can and 74th can't,  considering both garages were built close to the same time and neither of their predessecors had artics.  Artics at that time were 55' long.  The first 60' attics came used from Seattle around 2003 and the first new 60' artics, built by NABI came around 2005.  If any garages needed retrofitted lifts, they were the ones already assigned artics.  

 

The nabis sounded like doors slamming & then they became defective buses but they did look good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Bus #1973 was at North Riverside Park Mall yesterday along with two other D40LFs from K.  I found it interesting to see a bus from C come to a location where a route serves K, that being the #21 Cermak.

20190816_123213.jpg

“Instruction bus” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Why would a Chicago Garage bus be training at North Riverside?

Can someone else who actually knows the answer explain?  

I believe I saw just one instructor with those 3 buses.  2 from Kedzie and 1 from Chicago.  Could it be that 2 operators from Kedzie and 1 operator from Chicago is training?  (Let me know if I answered my own question or if I'm wrong lol)

EDIT: If you're just going to answer simply "because they can", why are you here?  Only speak if you know what you're talking about.  This forum is for sharing detailed info about the inner workings of our transit systems AND providing proof of your claims.

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Can someone else who actually knows the answer explain?  

I believe I saw just one instructor with those 3 buses.  2 from Kedzie and 1 from Chicago.  Could it be that 2 operators from Kedzie and 1 operator from Chicago is training?  (Let me know if I answered my own question or if I'm wrong lol)

EDIT: If you're just going to answer simply "because they can", why are you here?  Only speak if you know what you're talking about.  This forum is for sharing detailed info about the inner workings of our transit systems AND providing proof of your claims.

The instructor might have told the trainee that we are going to train on the cermak route that's just like I see NP buses training on FG routes & seen buses from all of the garages training on C training lot  they do whatever they want too 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

The instructor might have told the trainee that we are going to train on the cermak route that's just like I see NP buses training on FG routes & seen buses from all of the garages training on C training lot  they do whatever they want too 

Yeah I figured.  I already know instructors go wherever they're needed across the system.  They're not assigned to specific garages

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Exactly.  Why would a Chicago Garage bus be training at North Riverside?

It depends.   New operators have to become familiar and comfortable driving a bus.  Malls and other large empty parking lots are great places to practice turns and backups before route training.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

It depends.   New operators have to become familiar and comfortable driving a bus.  Malls and other large empty parking lots are great places to practice turns and backups before route training.

I'd assume North Riverside is also the closest mall with a large parking lot to Chicago Garage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

I'd assume North Riverside is also the closest mall with a large parking lot to Chicago Garage

Well 74th trains there drivers mainly on Ashland Ave, rarely do I see them training outside of Ashland, 77th sort of trains everywhere from what i've seen sometimes 87th,Ashland and Western. Depending on the garage and the training routes approved from the higher brass determines where drivers get there training. So maybe Cermak is an approved area to train since it does have a little bit of every surface street you could imagine with numerous obstacles to get use to, such as transitions between two lane streets to four and even six lane avenues, you factor in traffic,parked cars,pedestrians,very tight turns if you're starting point is near McCormick Place, you pretty much get a little bit of everything traveling along cermak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Yeah I figured.  I already know instructors go wherever they're needed across the system.  They're not assigned to specific garages

Yea just pick a route to train on basically

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...