sw4400

More Bus Moves

49 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Man they ain't giving 2000's up for nothing they had em since they enter service only time I seen them on a K route was during the rush hour periods when they help K on the 12 but it still registered under C but if they under K that's really a first 

these are buses that are filling in runs for K for the day most likely K has some buses at the shops 

6 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

these are buses that are filling in runs for K for the day most likely K has some buses at the shops 

Probably so cuz you know round this time of the month ss be filled with buses 

On 1/17/2020 at 9:50 PM, Mr. Ghost Bus 1722 said:

Due to The Winter Storm. NP decided to add New Flyers on the 147 👀

Screenshot_20200117-214932_Chrome.jpg

All buses that operate route 147 are new flyers.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, John7 said:

All buses that operate route 147 are new flyers.

What you mean is they operated 40 ft buses instead of artics. We know P has all New Flyers whether they are 40 ft or 60ft.

On 1/24/2019 at 11:07 AM, YoungBusLover said:

Possible loaner my friend.

It’s been a long loaner. It’s still there and always assigned to Chicago. Same with 8902. Always assigned to Madison. Does anybody know the reasoning?

4 minutes ago, sht6131 said:

It’s been a long loaner. It’s still there and always assigned to Chicago. Same with 8902. Always assigned to Madison. Does anybody know the reasoning?

My error. Meant  7902.

48 minutes ago, sht6131 said:

My error. Meant  7902.

IDK but yea 7902 only stay on Madison like 8011 only always on Chicago I only see it on Madison once but mostly always on the 66

1 hour ago, sht6131 said:

It has been nearly a year since I made that post, the reason behind why #8011 is at Chicago garage has already been clarified along with #7902.

https://www.transitchicago.com/arriving-now-digital-screens-providing-real-time-service-information-aboard-cta-buses/

IMG_3692.jpg

Thanks for the info. Remember seeing the article but just skimmed over it. Anyway the article mentioned it will be tested on other routes. My question was why only Chicago and Madison after all this time?

34 minutes ago, sht6131 said:

Thanks for the info. Remember seeing the article but just skimmed over it. Anyway the article mentioned it will be tested on other routes. My question was why only Chicago and Madison after all this time?

It was just a pilot program from the start. 

7900, 6579 I believe and 4053 are all at 103rd garage. Now 6579 is a instruction bus along with 7900 but 4053 from Kedzie I have no idea why that bus is there 🤷🏾‍♂️ perhaps a training bus we got new operators coming in so perhaps that explains the 3 buses.

2 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

7900, 6579 I believe and 4053 are all at 103rd garage. Now 6579 is a instruction bus along with 7900 but 4053 from Kedzie I have no idea why that bus is there 🤷🏾‍♂️ perhaps a training bus we got new operators coming in so perhaps that explains the 3 buses.

I guess I understand 7900, but the other 2 don't make sense to me yet As for 6579, it's crazy I that 103rd doesn't have ay 6400s.  Only F has them. Will CTA send 1 6400 to every garage for training?  Will 103rd receive more 6400s?  I think not.

As for 4053 doesn't 103rd have enough artics for training?  Unless 4053 has exceptionally high mileage. this doesn't make sense.   I sure 203rd's artis rack up plenty of miles.