Jump to content
sw4400

More Bus Moves

Recommended Posts

I think 4090 has made the move from 3 to 7 for a while, saw it again on the 79. What I'm wondering is why they don't have the rear Ventra reader on even though it was equipped before rear-door boarding started

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2020 at 8:06 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

I think 4090 has made the move from 3 to 7 for a while, saw it again on the 79. What I'm wondering is why they don't have the rear Ventra reader on even though it was equipped before rear-door boarding started

Not sure why its not it seems lije they rmare really dragging they ass on moving the card readers to the back door I haven't had a bus with the card reader at the back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Not sure why its not it seems lije they rmare really dragging they ass on moving the card readers to the back door I haven't had a bus with the card reader at the back 

they’re not going to 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Master58 said:

4098 went to Chicago, it's on the #53, while 4008 went to 103rd it's on the J14.

Thanks cause I definitely forgot to say something about it being on the #26 earlier 🥴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with more bus swaps between 103rd,77th,Kedzie and Chicago #1204,#1205,#1213 and #1216 have ended up at 103rd in exchange for what I assume is #4008,#4090 and #4099 going to 77th, #4098 going to Chicago and if my memory is correct Kedzie had swapped #1204,#1205,#1213 and #1216 initially from 77th for #4000's. Everything is so scattered between blocks of buses getting swapped, one bus like #1262 goes to FG while another one like #1218 which was once at at Kedzie I believe ends up going to FG as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

So with more bus swaps between 103rd,77th,Kedzie and Chicago #1204,#1205,#1213 and #1216 have ended up at 103rd in exchange for what I assume is #4008,#4090 and #4099 going to 77th, #4098 going to Chicago and if my memory is correct Kedzie had swapped #1204,#1205,#1213 and #1216 initially from 77th for #4000's. Everything is so scattered between blocks of buses getting swapped, one bus like #1262 goes to FG while another one like #1218 which was once at at Kedzie I believe ends up going to FG as well.

Yea I agree its just all messed up it may be 1 bus out of an entire block at 1 garage just an example 1197 may be at C while the rest are else where just using as an example 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yea I agree its just all messed up it may be 1 bus out of an entire block at 1 garage just an example 1197 may be at C while the rest are else where just using as an example 

We never know how this is gonna turn out when this pandemic ends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

So with more bus swaps between 103rd,77th,Kedzie and Chicago #1204,#1205,#1213 and #1216 have ended up at 103rd in exchange for what I assume is #4008,#4090 and #4099 going to 77th, #4098 going to Chicago and if my memory is correct Kedzie had swapped #1204,#1205,#1213 and #1216 initially from 77th for #4000's. Everything is so scattered between blocks of buses getting swapped, one bus like #1262 goes to FG while another one like #1218 which was once at at Kedzie I believe ends up going to FG as well.

1218 been at FG ever since 1208 1218 1225 1262 and 1266 and 1355 went to FG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

1218 been at FG ever since 1208 1218 1225 1262 and 1266 and 1355 went to FG

Yea things just got shoved all around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2020 at 12:30 PM, YoungBusLover said:

So with more bus swaps between 103rd,77th,Kedzie and Chicago #1204,#1205,#1213 and #1216 have ended up at 103rd in exchange for what I assume is #4008,#4090 and #4099 going to 77th, #4098 going to Chicago and if my memory is correct Kedzie had swapped #1204,#1205,#1213 and #1216 initially from 77th for #4000's. Everything is so scattered between blocks of buses getting swapped, one bus like #1262 goes to FG while another one like #1218 which was once at at Kedzie I believe ends up going to FG as well.

I'm just wondering why the J14 pilots were sent to 77th when the could've been used on the J14 and actually collected fares. Every time I see 4090 on the 70, the ventra reader at the rear is off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, John7 said:

Did any of 77th's buses suffer smoke damage from the fire?

What fire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taken today on my 79th trip. I was there yesterday not long after the fire started, my bus driver literally whipped the bus around in the old Dominick's lot so we could head back to State. A 79 that hadn't crossed onto the bridge yet followed behind us, leaving riders at the station stranded (who didn't yet know what was happening)

79Fire.jpg

79Fire_@.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Taken today on my 79th trip. I was there yesterday not long after the fire started, my bus driver literally whipped the bus around in the old Dominick's lot so we could head back to State. A 79 that hadn't crossed onto the bridge yet followed behind us, leaving riders at the station stranded (who didn't yet know what was happening)

79Fire.jpg

79Fire_@.jpg

I drove pass it yesterday & today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres always something happening over there on the Ryan. About 2 weeks ago I'm deadheading my bus from 95th/Red line, and I see this big puff of black smoke the closer I get I see huge flames pouring into the sky this was on 83rd and Lafayette so I'm looking more closely and it's a minivan or small suv parked in front of someone's house. So I go further up and the state police had the 71st exit all roped off and there was a bad multi car accident there. This was all on the sb side of course. It looked like a possible hit and run and the runners vehicle caught fire. It could have been 2 seperate incidents though. The ryan traffic was destroyed though stopped until Garfield. I can only imagine what it would have been like it people weren't quarantined!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I highly doubt it the windows wasnt open 

The exterior can still get covered by the smoke. Also i though the building was located on the southeast side of Vincennes and 79th. The buses that are parked along 79th street, are they retired/getting repaired or both?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John7 said:

The exterior can still get covered by the smoke. Also i though the building was located on the southeast side of Vincennes and 79th. The buses that are parked along 79th street, are they retired/getting repaired or both?

Naw its on the northwest corner & a lol bit of both some out due to this virus bs retired & to be fixed 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...