Jump to content
sw4400

More Bus Moves

Recommended Posts

On 8/11/2020 at 10:02 AM, YoungBusLover said:

That's a shocker to see that bus return.

So 7900-01 both training buses ? Man I know the mikes on em low af

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

only 7900 7901 is in official service out of 103rd idk why 103rd

Because those were the buses they used to train the operators on the new technology that’ll soon be installed on all buses. For instance gore pace announces when the bus is making a left or right, Cta will have that as well. 7900 has it already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Because those were the buses they used to train the operators on the new technology that’ll soon be installed on all buses. For instance gore pace announces when the bus is making a left or right, Cta will have that as well. 7900 has it already.

7900 is OOS is it 7901?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

7900 is OOS is it 7901?

7900 is used as a training bus at 103rd 7901 is in service now I saw it today as a 95.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

7900 is used as a training bus at 103rd 7901 is in service now I saw it today as a 95.

yea 7901 is in official service but why out of 103rd shouldn’t it be out of 77th?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

yea 7901 is in official service but why out of 103rd shouldn’t it be out of 77th?

Yea it should but you kniw cta do whatever tf they want 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

yea 7901 is in official service but why out of 103rd shouldn’t it be out of 77th?

Initially it was out of 77th.  When CTA decided that 103rd would get Novas because they had driver shields (due to some high profits attacks on CTA drivers on 103rd routes(, those buses (7900 & 7901) were sent to 103rd for training.  Eventually 8326 thru 8341 joined them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Initially it was out of 77th.  When CTA decided that 103rd would get Novas because they had driver shields (due to some high profits attacks on CTA drivers on 103rd routes(, those buses (7900 & 7901) were sent to 103rd for training.  Eventually 8326 thru 8341 joined them.

yea 7900 is a training not in service 8325-8342 went there over a year ago for 1034-1051 to FG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2020 at 8:00 PM, artthouwill said:

Initially it was out of 77th.  When CTA decided that 103rd would get Novas because they had driver shields (due to some high profits attacks on CTA drivers on 103rd routes(, those buses (7900 & 7901) were sent to 103rd for training.  Eventually 8326 thru 8341 joined them.

7900 has been a mechanical trainer since June 2016. 7901 moved from 77th in August 2018 and has not been used in passenger service since then. 8325 to 8342 entered service at 103rd in February & March 2019. 8326, 8327, 8330-8338, 8342 were used very briefly in passenger service at Forest Glen in February 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

7900 has been a mechanical trainer since June 2016. 7901 moved from 77th in August 2018 and has not been used in passenger service since then. 8325 to 8342 entered service at 103rd in February & March 2019. 8326, 8327, 8330-8338, 8342 were used very briefly in passenger service at Forest Glen in February 2019.

then 8325-8349 went to 103rd from Forest Glen and thats when 1034-1051 came here to forest glen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well it looks like #7900 is back in action early this morning. 

Screenshot_20200817-053449_Chrome.jpg

Oh that’s interesting so that puts 103rd back up to 20 Novas in total now lol good stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Oh that’s interesting so that puts 103rd back up to 20 Novas in total now lol good stuff.

I had a feeling it would return eventually but for how long is the real question. Trying to find #7900 & 7901 is like trying to find where's Waldo in mind field of buses. 🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I had a feeling it would return eventually but for how long is the real question. Trying to find #7900 & 7901 is like trying to find where's Waldo in mind field of buses. 🤣🤣

Yea those buses be in & out of service I wanna see the miles on it boffum bet its low af

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yea those buses be in & out of service I wanna see the miles on it boffum bet its low af

I was thinking the same thing the mileage gotta be crazy low for Both 7900-01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.cta85 said:

I was thinking the same thing the mileage gotta be crazy low for Both 7900-01

Yea bet its under 80k it aint even broken in yet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

not even probably until or 1K or 10K

Exactly but I definitely 2anna see it he'll boffum of em won't even need a rebuild when they start rebuilding them soon cuz they aint nowhere near broken in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...