New Artics Have Arrived!

santran

About the 140 additional, if you figured what each garage would have for artics based on a percentage of what they had before the NABI crisis...

Subject to the caveat in my prior post, at this point I still think that NP has about what it will get. One might think that after 208 or 225, CTA would go back to the original rationales for the first 150 (3 for 4 replacement on heavy routes) or some express route substitute for BRT on 8, 66, and 79 (since 14 already has the hybrids and is not going to get the street furniture), which was the original rationale for the 58. K, under either theory dealing with 8, would get more hybrid artics and lose 40 footers. Sticking my head out further the original rationales might still indicate hybrids for 77th (definitely for 79, and probably for 3, 4, and 87, all of which at one time had NABIs), C for 66, and going further out probably 74th, A and FG for 9, X9, X49, 63, 77, and 81.

I wouldn't go as far to put artics at Fg. Perhaps a few at 74th, but originally the up to 900 were ordered most likely for BRT. With that up in the air I don't know if they would want more than 140 more anyway unless they use them for olympic service which is not set in stone. Speaking of Fg, with the demise of #173, #174 soon I wonder if they are due for more ice cream trucks soon. (#500's)

You are probably right. Kedzie and NP are practically the same now as before the NABI fiasco. No need to send more artics there, unless you want to convert the #151 to artics. Practically all the #125's are artic now and half the #157's are too in the rush hour. A few show up on the #122 now. Artic's are even showing up on the #10. Probably the rest will be headed SB, whether as transfers or new buses we'll have to see. About the 140 additional, if you figured what each garage would have for artics based on a percentage of what they had before the NABI crisis you would end up with 126 for NP (150 40 footers), 104 for Kedzie (196 40 footers) with #6000's being retired there totally, 40 for 77th and 78 for 103rd with about 100 40 footers.

We'd have to be pretty much close to the end of Kedzie or NP getting more artics with the next order of 140 on hold for the time being. So I'm inclined to believe that it's about time for 77th and 103rd to start getting their share fairly soon. Remember until the state makes a move on funding on the transit side of the capital issue, CTA only gets 58 buses for now. As for 125 and 157, those two still get a fair amount of 1000 and 6000 coverage depending on the weekday involved. Heck, 12 Roosevelt still sees arctics here and then on weekdays though downtown events that draw more people are almost finished soon.

It's really becoming a longitudinal palace up there. They should announce on the buses these buses are part of CTA's North Park stimulus project. :lol:

I know right! :lol: The 147 comes right by front door and its been kind of nice seeing these new buses pass by. Although so unfortunate for others, specifically out south. :(

<br />4168 was coming south on Halsted St. and eventually parked (completely turned off) at the Belmont &amp; Halsted Terminal this evening. Is this a parking spot for buses during the Cubs games?<br />
<br /><br /><br /> I thought the holding | staging area for extra trips from Clark & Addison was Irving Park between the north side "L" structure and Clark St.

Perhaps CTA doesn't want to take up that much space by holding an articulated bus there; so it will dispatch it to Belmont | Halsted?

Im starting to see a lot of these excess 4000's at NP on Rush Hour 151's and 22's.

Yeah, there probably trying to relieve the crush of passengers who try to board the #22 North of the Chicago river in the PM and can't because of excess standing loads. Throw an artic in here and there and it relieves conjestion. #151's are bad too North of the river SB in the PM's. BTW, #4191 was on the #147 yesterday so another one hits service. #4155 and #4171 are listed as here like #4149. I haven't seen them though. Only 16 to go!!

Yeah, there probably trying to relieve the crush of passengers who try to board the #22 North of the Chicago river in the PM and can't because of excess standing loads. Throw an artic in here and there and it relieves conjestion. #151's are bad too North of the river SB in the PM's. BTW, #4191 was on the #147 yesterday so another one hits service. #4155 and #4171 are listed as here like #4149. I haven't seen them though. Only 16 to go!!

Ive saw 4171 a couple of days ago. Cant remember if it was on the 146 or the 147.

Went to the Cubs game yesterday. Coming down from the upper deck I was looking down at the lashup of NF artics lined up for Addison. The roof numbers are placed laterally right behind the a/c unit.

#4192 is on the #147 now.

#4196 is on the #146 today. Also, looks like some swapping took place between 103rd, 77th, and Kedzie. Kedzie has picked up 4033-4041 from 77th and 4049-4052 from 103rd. No telling what 103rd and 77th picked up because artics are rarely in service on the weekends at those garages.

#4196 is on the #146 today. Also, looks like some swapping took place between 103rd, 77th, and Kedzie. Kedzie has picked up 4033-4041 from 77th and 4049-4052 from 103rd. No telling what 103rd and 77th picked up because artics are rarely in service on the weekends at those garages.

77th and 103rd must have gotten something, since 4033-4041 are 77th's entire artic fleet. We'll see on Monday. But then again, there was that time when the NABIs were sidelined that 77th had 0 artics, so anything's possible, but there are more artics to work with now then there were then.