jesi2282

New Express Routes Coming Soon.

11 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I guess that's understandable albeit craZy.  I had to remember the difference between Minneapolis and our BOS is thatour entrance/exits are cloverleaf as opposed to diamonds which, along with ramp signals and longer entrances, make it easier for buses there to stay on the shoulder.

Most of the ones on the Edens north of Old Orchard aren't cloverleaves, but half cloverleaf in the to/from Chicago direction at Willow and Dundee, and just on/off in the Milwaukee direction at Tower and Skokie Road. I attribute the signs more to that the buses are not allowed to cross the striped triangles separating the through lanes from the exits and merges. I don't know what the situation is in Minneapolis, but the distinction between this and I-55 and I-90 is that the bus lanes in the latter two are on the left. Comparable is that Pace said that the I-55 bus was not allowed to run on the shoulder where Joliet Road splits off to the left near I-294.

8 hours ago, Busjack said:

Most of the ones on the Edens north of Old Orchard aren't cloverleaves, but half cloverleaf in the to/from Chicago direction at Willow and Dundee, and just on/off in the Milwaukee direction at Tower and Skokie Road. I attribute the signs more to that the buses are not allowed to cross the striped triangles separating the through lanes from the exits and merges. I don't know what the situation is in Minneapolis, but the distinction between this and I-55 and I-90 is that the bus lanes in the latter two are on the left. Comparable is that Pace said that the I-55 bus was not allowed to run on the shoulder where Joliet Road splits off to the left near I-294.

In Minneapolis the bus doesn't have to leave the shoulder due to merging traffic.  However, they are required to use 4 way flashers while on the shoulder which makes them more visible to merging traffic whether entering or exiting expressway.

• Thanks 1