New Eldorados?

artthouwill

On 9/29/2016 at 1:48 PM, BusHunter said:

Yeah but if the #6500's are coming in beyond the dundee bus order, if the fat lady  isn't singing  she's practicing. Sw dont need that many buses maybe 30 or 40 and 6510-25 are unaccounted for. S is purging nabis it dont need and the orions at nw will probably fall victim to the i-90 project . If anything  i think  nabis will start disappearing  now 

Although there are a couple of them out today at West, I'd wonder if West and maybe South may look into dumping the 6600s off first.  There really isn't a home for them at this point other than maybe Waukegan or North Shore and given the fact they are 13 years old, that may make sense.  BUT, I think it's still gonna be a year or so before the 6600s and the 6162s start to go away, given the fact Pace spent the money wrapping these buses up.  

2 hours ago, rotjohns said:

North Shore

North Shore already dumped all of theirs on S. S dumped most of its original ones, which were seen at Ravinia.

Most probably go before the 40 foot NABIs, but the Orion VIs  (except 6156-6161) probably mostly go before the 6600s do. I still am trying to figure out why S is sending the 6162s it originally had to West, as opposed to something with less mileage.

1 hour ago, rotjohns said:

Looking at Webwatch this morning, none of the new El Dorados are running at SW right now for the AM rush.  So maybe they were strictly test runs to get them acclimated before really turning them loose.  

6525 is on 385; 6524 and 6530 on 390, so one can't draw conclusions other than, like at NW 2 years ago, the rollout is slow.

9 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Probably at least up  to #6541 is going to sw. I wonder whats the cutoff for highway axess' and non highway ones. Is #6509 the highest highway one?

The presumption is that since the I-90 brochure said 25 buses, 6509 is the last of those. Still hasn't been determined what the 6510s are, although the assumption is Pulse. None of them has shown up on a NW route, though.

4 hours ago, Pace831 said:

6550 and one other bus seen at Chandler today.

If the 2016 budget means anything, 72 on top of 6484 would get you up to 6556.

I'll have to look at the 2017 budget, but the fleet roster on it is behind, as the only 2016s are the 20 CNGs.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:27 PM, Busjack said:

If the 2016 budget means anything, 72 on top of 6484 would get you up to 6556.

I'll have to look at the 2017 budget, but the fleet roster on it is behind, as the only 2016s are the 20 CNGs.

They aren't stopping at 6556! Up to 6562 seen at Chandler today.

6550 is in the same place I saw it last week. There is also one of the CNGs with its roof hatches open.

DSCF1216.JPG

DSCF1217.JPG

DSCF1218.JPG

DSCF1219.JPG

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Here's a shot of #6525 already wrapped for the Soldier Field Express. Funny thing is I don't remember sw doing a Soldier Field run, but maybe they do now.

SW does the Bolingbrook one (768) and there is one from Palos Heights (769). Page

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

SW does the Bolingbrook one (768) and there is one from Palos Heights (769). Page

That bolingbrook one is almost more heritage's area than sw but I guess they don't want to run an MCI to Soldier Field!! xD

well regardless it's better to run the new buses on these special event runs if they can. Probably by the spring they'll have a Sox bus in the Axess family of buses. I think if I remember right when I was over there at the Cell, they were using NABI's, so that would mean maybe south does that service? It would be a challenge to wrap a CNG plus they may have clearance issues to deal with. Looking at the Pace page

https://www.pacebus.com/sub/espd/us_cellular_express.asp

they do have a south holland run but most runs seem to use the sw service, so it may very well end up sw does all the Sox Express runs if they don't already. That would probably spare south the CNG headache I illustrated above.