New Eldorados?

artthouwill

Yeah so I noticed. I was trying to update the pace roster and came across the mention of 6542. right now I'm trying to figure out if all the others like #6539 have been in service yet. unfortunately there is no maths tracker for pace!! -_-

Can't seem to come up with anything higher than #6501 out of dundee either.

9 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

6541 has been out for a while, but you got me to thinking that there have been no more new buses on the street since 6542, 3 weeks ago. The delivery process seems to have slowed down based on what has been arriving at Chandler.

And as I said a couple of weeks ago, a couple at South Holland.

22 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah so I noticed. I was trying to update the pace roster and came across the mention of 6542. right now I'm trying to figure out if all the others like #6539 have been in service yet. unfortunately there is no maths tracker for pace!! -_-

Can't seem to come up with anything higher than #6501 out of dundee either.

I wonder why the pace has slowed down.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Either they are used for local service, or they sit there.

Pace could have told Eldorado to just send the Pulse buses later, and build the regular transit buses first since they can be immediately used to retire Orions faster. That makes it seem like Pace has plans for the Pulse buses before the official start of Pulse service. Maybe they will run on the 270 as a preview, or simply go into the normal fleet rotation without Pulse wraps until they are needed. On the other hand, there is also the fact that the Pulse buses have not yet been in service while 6522(?) and up already are. So it's hard to say what will happen at this point.

On 11/21/2016 at 7:57 PM, west towns said:

If there are pulse buses at south holland whats going to happen to them for the next yr since service is not going to start until summer 2017 according to website

As stated they could go into service as locals and get wrapped later for Pulse when it's time, or they may sit there. However, that wouldn't be a year as your post is worded, but more like six or seven months since as you note in your post, the Pulse service start is Summer 2017. 

6568 is still the highest bus seen at Chandler. Notice the giant white pill shaped thing behind 6561. It looks like a fuel tank but it sure wasn't there last week.

As I was leaving, I turned from 191st onto northbound LaGrange when I saw 15520 and 15507 going south, presumably headed to Chandler. The destination signs said "A1 MESSAGE" which was not centered on the sign, but all the way to the right.

DSCF1302.JPG

DSCF1305.JPG

DSCF1306.JPG

• Upvote 2

I saw a new bus presumably going to Chandler, northbound on US 45 just north of US 30 in Frankfort. It looked like 6581 but I'm not 100% sure because I was too far away to see it clearly. I wonder why it was coming from that direction, as I'd expect buses going to Chandler would be coming from I-80.

I probably will not be taking pictures at Chandler as frequently as I was before. My schedule has changed and I only go by there at night now. You think flash photography from the top of a ladder would make anyone suspicious?

Just now, Busjack said:

Get off I-80 at US 30 in New Lenox. Straight shot from there.

In normal traffic it's faster to stay on I-80 to route 45. Chandler is only about a mile from there. Getting off at route 30 requires driving several miles on much slower surface streets. Google map.

I considered at the time that there may have been a traffic jam on I-80 that would have prompted the bus driver to get off, but I was listening to WBBM at the time which made no mention of any traffic incidents in that area.

However, I tend to agree with you that the bus probably did go that way, but I can't imagine why. I wish I knew when the buses would be delivered so I could get a picture of one in New Lenox.

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

Those two would make up for 6377-78 going to Dundee. Now the question is where are 6543-58 and 6566+ going to show up?

SW only looks half done, and I suppose it is a situation similar to in 2007 when 2600s destined for Niles and North Shore didn't show up or were seen in South Holland, but it turned out Pace had a deadline to get 2667-2695 going in Naperville.

On 12/1/2016 at 2:49 PM, Pace831 said:

I saw a new bus presumably going to Chandler, northbound on US 45 just north of US 30 in Frankfort. It looked like 6581 but I'm not 100% sure because I was too far away to see it clearly. I wonder why it was coming from that direction, as I'd expect buses going to Chandler would be coming from I-80.

I probably will not be taking pictures at Chandler as frequently as I was before. My schedule has changed and I only go by there at night now. You think flash photography from the top of a ladder would make anyone suspicious?

No, it could always be a pre New Years eve firework going off!! xD I'd go see what's up but that's clean across town for me. 9_9 Been updating the Pace and CTA bus rosters tonight, I'll have to add #6581 to the spotted to Chandler list.

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Been updating the Pace and CTA bus rosters tonight, I'll have to add #6581 to the spotted to Chandler list.

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure of the number I saw, but with 6575 showing up at SW we'll soon know whether I need an eye exam.

Looking over the changes to the roster, I see you have 6389-91 at River. Do we know yet whether they are at River or Dundee? (I would guess the latter).

Also, you left out 6485 at Dundee. It's on the 605 right now.

2 hours ago, Pace831 said:

Looking over the changes to the roster, I see you have 6389-91 at River. Do we know yet whether they are at River or Dundee? (I would guess the latter).

6389 is at South (for 877-888).

6390-91 show up on 610. At this point, we don't know what of any River division split is between South Elgin and East Dundee (note, it is East Dundee). I wouldn't think the highway buses would be split, but there usually is one highway bus on 606, along with others attributable to NW and South Elgin. Same would go for 6377-8.

Maybe River Division should be counted as it is on the schedules, regardless of which garage.

11 hours ago, Pace831 said:

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure of the number I saw, but with 6575 showing up at SW we'll soon know whether I need an eye exam.

Also, you left out 6485 at Dundee. It's on the 605 right now.

One question I have yet to answer is whether river lost #6600's or not for the #6559's. Also I would like to know if all those Orions are in service at sw,w I got a high fleet count at sw. We could probably eliminate with process of elimination. Maybe I could work on sw and west over the next few days. A maths archive would be of good use right now for Pace!!xD

15 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

One question I have yet to answer is whether river lost #6600's or not for the #6559's.

They are still showing up on WebWatch on 606 and 616. At the moment 6631 and 6666 are on 606. Also, as I mentioned above, 6391 is on 606 at the moment. Only 6500 is 6563 on 616.

18 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

A maths archive would be of good use right now for Pace!!xD

I assume stated somewhat sarcastically, as Pace has said it does not publish its API to developers. About the only thing someone can do is get out the Mutliroute Map and a pencil.

• 2 weeks later...