New Eldorados?

artthouwill

1 hour ago, Pace831 said:

CPTDB says 2378 was a replacement for 8800, which was destroyed in a fire. Since you say it "could not have been unplanned", are you rejecting that explanation?

Only comparing what Pace saiid it was  getting and what it got.But:

• 8800 would have  been a 40 foot bus,,  so why replace  it with a 35 foot bus?
  • At least in the past couple of years, CPTDB has demonstrated on its face that it is not maintained by Pace insiders (such as the statement for about a year that 6485+  were going to be the same as 6484, and were to be delivered immediately after  it). In short, just another wiki. 

I would wonder if the new buses aren't for dempster Pulse as its coming soon but 2 years away sounds a little far away for new buses now. My hunch says maybe North might finally get some Axess unless there are some real north haters out there. So if the CNGs can replace the orions and some nabis what then these replace the rest of the nabis? Sounds possible....

13 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I would wonder if the new buses aren't for dempster Pulse as its coming soon but 2 years away sounds a little far away for new buses now.

Also, they have transit windows and Pace logos, and since you mention 2 years out, the grant hasn't been approved yet.

6 hours ago, artthouwill said:

6175 broke down at St Charles  and Manheiim with hot brakes.  Will be glad and sad when the Eldos retire the NABIs.  The NABIs are nice buses but the suspension  is absolutely  atrocius.  Wonder how high the 6700s will go.

Probably the end of that bus.  I was surprised it was moved from South in the first place.

Obviously, 2696 and 2766 are there to be reassigned.

The minivans used to be stored at HQTs (Arlington Heights) I thought FCA quit making Dodge Caravans, but maybe it quit advertising them. Also appearing new are the zero series and the Community Workplace license plates.

1 hour ago, ethan2226 said:

#6574 is at NW. It's on the 226

48 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

Also, 6573 on 422:

First sightings.The inventory indicating that they were assigned to SW must not have been firm.

Since the 422 is now heading westbound from Glenview, it is on a NW trip and hence both are at NW, which now has 6566-6574 (as well as 6392-6476 and 6510-6512--total of 105).

6573.png

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

First sightings.The inventory indicating that they were assigned to SW must not have been firm.

6574 was at South Holland on Friday morning (in garage in front of 16414, look closely). They must have moved it Friday afternoon or some time during the weekend. I wonder what the delay was for they are just now going in service.

8 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

6574 was at South Holland on Friday morning (in garage in front of 16414, look closely). They must have moved it Friday afternoon or some time during the weekend. I wonder what the delay was for they are just now going in service.

Don't know, maybe they were waiting for an Orion to die.

Just physically confirmed 6573 on 422 southbound. Fortunately, it was the one that leaves Northbrook Court at :45 instead of :30.

The imponderables raised here:

• 6573 and 6574 showed up about 10 months after 6575, which showed up at SW about when the 654xs were being put into service.
  • We don't know how many 6700s. Just a small order to take care of immediate needs (such as 6392-6399) or the full approx. 76 in the budget?
  • We don't really know about what takes care of the Orions and 2003 NABIs at West.
  • Sort of like SW a year and a half ago, we don't know what takes care of N and about half of NS, but I am still assuming that the reference to 35 foot buses applied to N. Also, we don't know if the Pace/CTA study and Edens BOS project require more buses at NS.

Well, there goes the idea of the 6700s going to West. 

So as usual, West is the final resting place for the older buses as it was for NW and SW and so far for S.  And at this point, they'd have to be ran to the ground for them to be taken from there.  As Busjack stated, who knows what buses head to W, N, and NS, if at all, until we know how many 6700s come.  We don't know if the 6600s taken from River are heading for retirement, or given new life somewhere else.  We also don't know when, if at all, the small buses that were supposed to handle the feeder routes will come and replace the 2600s.

The blue 2006 Nabis are starting to show their age too, I saw one on 95th/Halsted about 2 weeks ago (probably was 352, but I couldn't catch it to be sure) and it was rusted pretty good around the back door area.  They are eligible for retirement next year and it could be one reason why they haven't been moving from South back to West with the 17500s coming in more frequently.