Jump to content
artthouwill

New Eldorados?

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

The difference is that starting the latest series with 6576 would overlap with 6600s, whereas the 6162s and 6323s were just continuing where they left off.

I could see starting or continuing with 6700 AFTER 6599.  Why jump from 6575?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pace831 said:

CPTDB says 2378 was a replacement for 8800, which was destroyed in a fire. Since you say it "could not have been unplanned", are you rejecting that explanation?

Only comparing what Pace saiid it was  getting and what it got.But:

  • 8800 would have  been a 40 foot bus,,  so why replace  it with a 35 foot bus?
  • At least in the past couple of years, CPTDB has demonstrated on its face that it is not maintained by Pace insiders (such as the statement for about a year that 6485+  were going to be the same as 6484, and were to be delivered immediately after  it). In short, just another wiki. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I could see starting or continuing with 6700 AFTER 6599.  Why jump from 6575?

6575 was the end of the last order, and they want to keep the next order of buses in a consecutive number block.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would wonder if the new buses aren't for dempster Pulse as its coming soon but 2 years away sounds a little far away for new buses now. My hunch says maybe North might finally get some Axess unless there are some real north haters out there. So if the CNGs can replace the orions and some nabis what then these replace the rest of the nabis? Sounds possible....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I would wonder if the new buses aren't for dempster Pulse as its coming soon but 2 years away sounds a little far away for new buses now.

Also, they have transit windows and Pace logos, and since you mention 2 years out, the grant hasn't been approved yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

17540 currently on 877 with padded blue seats.  Mrs Pace  sounds normal.

Looks like right now, they are up to 17543.  Would imagine 17544 on up will be out next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rotjohns said:

Looks like right now, they are up to 17543.  Would imagine 17544 on up will be out next week.

Under 30 to go, then S should be 100 percent  CNG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6175 broke down at St Charles  and Manheiim with hot brakes.  Will be glad and sad when the Eldos retire the NABIs.  The NABIs are nice buses but the suspension  is absolutely  atrocius.  Wonder how high the 6700s will go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, artthouwill said:

6175 broke down at St Charles  and Manheiim with hot brakes.  Will be glad and sad when the Eldos retire the NABIs.  The NABIs are nice buses but the suspension  is absolutely  atrocius.  Wonder how high the 6700s will go.

What about the suspension on the Orions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, artthouwill said:

6175 broke down at St Charles  and Manheiim with hot brakes.  Will be glad and sad when the Eldos retire the NABIs.  The NABIs are nice buses but the suspension  is absolutely  atrocius.  Wonder how high the 6700s will go.

Probably the end of that bus.  I was surprised it was moved from South in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, rotjohns said:

Probably the end of that bus.  I was surprised it was moved from South in the first place.

The bus didn't  catch fire so I don't  think its the end yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×