New Eldorados?

artthouwill

29 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

6719 was at Chandler yesterday. I will upload pictures later.

Up to 6719?  Well River doesn't need anymore unless there's going to be more movement in buses that is behind the scenes.  I'm guessing that over the weekend, more buses are going to be moving around for Monday.  West is probably getting 40 foot El Dorados, just maybe not the 6700s.  

23 minutes ago, rotjohns said:

West is probably getting 40 foot El Dorados, just maybe not the 6700s.  

There is no point to that. Pace just finished dealing with NW and SW (and probably now R), so there is no reason to move them. What is it going to do, send Orions back to SW?

You also seem to forget that W already has 6323-6376. NW shows that they don't all have to be in contiguous blocks. Maybe they no longer want 6575 at SW (I doubt that), but that's about the extent of it.

You also seem to forget that W got 6000s, 6162s, 6262s and 6323s pretty much in the first deliveries. The current set up may reflect that garages that got basically only one series of bus have to get their replacements at about the same time, but relatively speaking, W has not been deprived.

If anything is analogous. Pace said in 2005 that the 6262s were going to W. The first 6 and one more went to NS. The other 53 went to West.

4 hours ago, Busjack said:

There is no point to that. Pace just finished dealing with NW and SW (and probably now R), so there is no reason to move them. What is it going to do, send Orions back to SW?

You also seem to forget that W already has 6323-6376. NW shows that they don't all have to be in contiguous blocks. Maybe they no longer want 6575 at SW (I doubt that), but that's about the extent of it.

You also seem to forget that W got 6000s, 6162s, 6262s and 6323s pretty much in the first deliveries. The current set up may reflect that garages that got basically only one series of bus have to get their replacements at about the same time, but relatively speaking, W has not been deprived.

If anything is analogous. Pace said in 2005 that the 6262s were going to W. The first 6 and one more went to NS. The other 53 went to West.

All I was implying is that the remaining Orions at West along with some of the 6162s should be replaced with something.  What that something is remains to be seen.  For all I know, West could keep them until they slowly die off or maybe Nabis come from South back to West.  Or maybe replacing the Orions isn't a priority for them right now, I don't know.  But with 6700s now coming out, my question simply is where will they all end up and what buses will be either casualties or be given a rebirth in a new location?

So what is the process when the new bus comes to Chandler from the factory?  I would assume that's where the full inspection takes place to ensure the buses meet specifications?  Then they go to South Holland for programming, installing fareboxes, etc?  Then they hit the road to wherever they are assigned?  I guess I'm trying to find out why the buses go to 2 different facilities before going live?

27 minutes ago, rotjohns said:

So what is the process when the new bus comes to Chandler from the factory?  I would assume that's where the full inspection takes place to ensure the buses meet specifications?  Then they go to South Holland for programming, installing fareboxes, etc?  Then they hit the road to wherever they are assigned?  I guess I'm trying to find out why the buses go to 2 different facilities before going live?

That's about what I figure, but Chandler must be ENC's agent for inspection or warranty work, as the official delivery and acceptance point is South Holland. For instance, @Pace831 posted a picture of 8627 there, but I had previously seen it on the road, so that must have been warranty work. He also appears to have pictured 6712 going from Chanrdler to South Holland.

32 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Double magnifying (last pic) also indicates that someone bashed in the rear right of 17501.

Yes they did.  I initially thought 17501 had not yet been in service as I hadn't seen it on Webwatch or in person, but apparently it has, just not lately and now we know why. 

UPDATE:  Well it's back out.  On Route 349 today.  So don't know if it got fixed or is running out there as is.

9 minutes ago, rotjohns said:

Yes they did.  I initially thought 17501 had not yet been in service as I hadn't seen it on Webwatch or in person, but apparently it has, just not lately and now we know why. 

UPDATE:  Well it's back out.  On Route 349 today.  So don't know if it got fixed or is running out there as is.

I guess it depends if they could have bolted on a panel over the weekend.

9 hours ago, rotjohns said:

Well as we know, Pace always surprises us, but I predict that in 2 weeks, the Orions everywhere will be dead and at least half of the former white Nabis will be gone by the end of the year. 

Too soon. Next year? Maybe but Pace aren't making drastic moves until all Eldo's are fully fulfilled at respectable garages. 

2 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Hmmm that might justify some of their NABI's moving to West. 

I would say that these buses are probably going to lower producing routes, but then again I've physically seen 6600s on #322 so who knows.  Most of the 6600s should still be in decent shape to hang around at least thru next year.  Plus if any of them fold at N or S, West can always move theirs.  

2 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Too soon. Next year? Maybe but Pace aren't making drastic moves until all Eldo's are fully fulfilled at respectable garages. 

True, it depends on how quickly the Eldos are put in service.  Pace has always been known to be slow retiring buses, but maybe there's more urgency this time around.

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Hey when is this NS restructuring going live? They are going to need buses if #215 is going to Jeff and #226 is going to Howard. Also they have A, b and C routes to contend with.

What @MetroShadow said, but it isn't that great of an increase in resources, if any at all. For instance, 215 and 226 is basically a function of 226 covering former 215 territory, as 215 won't go to Howard and 226 won't go to Jeff Park. Similarly, what's needed to run 213  to Howard is offset by cutting down frequency north of Winnetka. Routes A and B basically use 422 and 423 resources. 210 gets killed, freeing 4 buses. The only real gain, if any, is route C taking over for 54A.