Jump to content
artthouwill

New Eldorados?

Recommended Posts

6767 arrived at Chandler today, 2:25 PM. I followed it off northbound I-57 onto US 30 west, then it turned right on US 45. I had always assumed they would have been coming from the west on I-80.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2017 at 3:21 PM, Pace831 said:

6767 arrived at Chandler today, 2:25 PM. I followed it off northbound I-57 onto US 30 west, then it turned right on US 45. I had always assumed they would have been coming from the west on I-80.

Maybe it was testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just curious

Which division do you guys think the rest of the 6700's will go to

I can see some of them will go to North shore but I'm still thinking that some of the 6700's will go to other Division's around the Chicagoland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ricky Rodriguez said:

I'm just curious

Which division do you guys think the rest of the 6700's will go to

I can see some of them will go to North shore but I'm still thinking that some of the 6700's will go to other Division's around the Chicagoland

W, maybe N.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Maybe it was testing.

Possible, but they usually don't go that far while testing. And 6767 was the highest number I have seen so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2017 at 3:21 PM, Pace831 said:

6767 arrived at Chandler today, 2:25 PM. I followed it off northbound I-57 onto US 30 west, then it turned right on US 45. I had always assumed they would have been coming from the west on I-80.

 

18 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Maybe it was testing.

I only took it as @Pace831's observation on how it was being delivered from Riverside, California.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Busjack said:

 

I only took it as @Pace831's observation on how it was being delivered from Riverside, California.

That's correct, it's a little more direct to take I-55 to I-80 than to I-57, where I saw it. It would explain why I have seen them coming up La Grange Road from route 30 in Frankfort. For testing, usually they just go back and forth down 191st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

6752, 6772, and 6775 were at Chandler today.

If it gets past 6776, the budget is out the window, which it usually is.9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Busjack said:

W, maybe N.

If any of them go to North, that would be a surprise.  We all know Pace is trying to gut all of the Nabis in their fleet across the board, but that would tell me that they aren't waiting around for any movement of the 2600s anywhere to send to N next year.  Pace could be gunning for the blue Nabis next year too as they will hit the 12 year mark and some of them are looking tired at West.  By this time next year, I'd be willing to bet the entire Pace fleet is El Dorado, like them or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rotjohns said:

Pace could be gunning for the blue Nabis next year too as they will hit the 12 year mark and some of them are looking tired at West.  By this time next year, I'd be willing to bet the entire Pace fleet is El Dorado, like them or not.

You mean 13th year mark? They came out in 2005. Also, I wouldn’t jump high about being fully El Dorados because the budget is uncertain whether or not Pace is exploring more options with them. Now if we see 6800s or as @Busjack mentioned 6700s going past #6776 next year then I’m betting All In to see all garages fully El Dorados by 2019. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rotjohns said:

If any of them go to North, that would be a surprise.

Not so much, if there is a minimum of 45 6700s still to allocate; and I don't see more than another 3 or 4 to NS.

If any inference can be made from the last couple of days of moves, Pace may no longer be interested in 35 foot buses, and might just send 40 foot buses to N.

8 minutes ago, rotjohns said:

Pace could be gunning for the blue Nabis next year too as they will hit the 12 year mark and some of them are looking tired at West.

I still think that depends on the 53 small buses displacing 30 footers, which would displace them. Whatever is planned, the end will come at W.

On the movement of 2600s, I wonder if the 2018 budget for "31 replacement 30 ft buses" is actually to replace the oldest 2600s (mostly at FV) or replace something else (like at N). Again, if the budget means anything..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Busjack said:

If it gets past 6776, the budget is out the window, which it usually is.9_9

6778 and 6779 were photographed at the CA/AZ border last week. Picture posted on previous page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mel bernero said:

6778 and 6779 were photographed at the CA/AZ border last week. Picture posted on previous page.

You previously said it was:

On 11/19/2017 at 12:18 PM, mel bernero said:

Someone has posted on Facebook photos of 6768 and 6770 being delivered.

So, we haven't gone over budget....yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pace831 said:

That's correct, it's a little more direct to take I-55 to I-80 than to I-57, where I saw it. It would explain why I have seen them coming up La Grange Road from route 30 in Frankfort. For testing, usually they just go back and forth down 191st.

Hmm. Yeah I was saying maybe you saw a test bus not being delivered. One way you would know for sure is to look at the license plates. I don't think they can do an Illinois registration in California but I could be wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Hmm. Yeah I was saying maybe you saw a test bus not being delivered. One way you would know for sure is to look at the license plates. I don't think they can do an Illinois registration in California but I could be wrong. 

No rear license plate, but I noticed the papers in the window when I passed it.

IMG_0335.thumb.JPG.a11f50b4ef39087ca37d7299ae815901.JPG

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

No rear license plate, but I noticed the papers in the window when I passed it.

IMG_0335.thumb.JPG.a11f50b4ef39087ca37d7299ae815901.JPG

So that's the actual bus in process of delivery!! Lol!! I don't know if Chandler buses have plates or not. You would think that would be done in south holland. I never heard of a bus being delivered to a maintenance facility either. You would think south Holland at least has to receive the bus and take ownership unless Chandler is doing that but it's an unorthadoxed procedure to say the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

So that's the actual bus in process of delivery!! Lol!! I don't know if Chandler buses have plates or not. You would think that would be done in south holland. I never heard of a bus being delivered to a maintenance facility either. You would think south Holland at least has to receive the bus and take ownership unless Chandler is doing that but it's an unorthadoxed procedure to say the least.

As @Pace831implied with respect to papers on the winshield, it is driven 2500 miles on a transporter tag. It is not eligible for Illinois registration until it is delivered at South holland. Until it is accepted there, it is the manufacturer's property.

Chandler is obviously acting as ENC's agent before official delivery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Busjack said:

As @Pace831implied with respect to papers on the winshield, it is driven 2500 miles on a transporter tag. It is not eligible for Illinois registration until it is delivered at South holland. Until it is accepted there, it is the manufacturer's property.

Chandler is obviously acting as ENC's agent before official delivery.

Chandler has to be affiliated with Pace though as #2603 was there and it's not a new bus. Unless it has an extended warranty. Funny I haven't seen NABis there so maybe they are working with Eldorado National.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Chandler has to be affiliated with Pace though as #2603 was there and it's not a new bus. Unless it has an extended warranty. Funny I haven't seen NABis there so maybe they are working with Eldorado National.

Chandler isn't affiliated with anyone. As @Pace831 has pointed out, it has certain engine overhaul contracts with Pace, but so do other companies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Chandler has to be affiliated with Pace though as #2603 was there and it's not a new bus. Unless it has an extended warranty. Funny I haven't seen NABis there so maybe they are working with Eldorado National.

Chandler is contracted by Pace, I think for engine and transmission work. That is a separate contract from the one they have with El Dorado National. I have seen NABIs and Orions there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6737 moved from Chandler to South Holland this morning. 6770 is back at Chandler despite my sighting yesterday. 6751 and 6752 are also at Chandler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Busjack said:

6700 shows up at NS.

6700.png.6c2eb30aaac4f95d1a16e41a1ee37ba0.png

Ok seriously, if that doesn’t raise a flag why River have some of them then I don’t know what else to say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×