New Eldorados?

artthouwill

16 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

Ok seriously, if that doesn’t raise a flag why River have some of them then I don’t know what else to say. 

That had a simple explanation. 606 and 616 thus are now operated by 40 ft buses and the 35 ft buses are gone. Only question is why it didn't get 6700-6703, instead of 6703-6706.Maybe they were the first buses that were prepped.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm I wonder how many #6700's are going to be at ns? Spotted #6725 on the edens. Lake cook rd is looking awfully new with all these newer blue liveried buses. I'm out here by Walgreens hq and haven't had the chance to check out the bus action. Four buses in a row all Eldorado passed me around lake cook and wilmot. I'm try to find the bus cage on lake cook but I don't see it it's around us 41 right or Skokie valley rd?

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Hmm I wonder how many #6700's are going to be at ns? Spotted #6725 on the edens. Lake cook rd is looking awfully new with all these newer blue liveried buses. I'm out here by Walgreens hq and haven't had the chance to check out the bus action. Four buses in a row all Eldorado passed me around lake cook and wilmot. I'm try to find the bus cage on lake cook but I don't see it it's around us 41 right or Skokie valley rd?

Only 2 NABIs were sighted recently at NS; all the rest are Axess and EZ Rider. With 6701-2 up in the air, that should take care of NS. Thus, the question is with an additional 40 buses sighted by @Pace831, what happens at N and W.

BTW, one of the things I noticed a couple of days ago is that apparently as a result of the stainless steel frame and composite skin (and I assume with insulation), you can see the image of the frame looking at the bus.

Update: On the bus cage, I noted earlier that it was taken down in late Oct., so you won't see it until April. It will be at the Milw. N. Metra station, between Waukegan and Pfingsten roads (behind the Home Depot).

13 minutes ago, rotjohns said:

Neither of these buses were on Webwatch yesterday, but #6258 was on the 626.  So this should finish the Nabis off once and for all.

At least the white ones.I'm not sure there is any intent with regard to 6262-6322 at West, but until this morning I wasn't sure there was any intent at North, either.

One basically has to look at school trip times to get a good grasp of what is running at North.

52 minutes ago, Busjack said:

6733 on 572

6733.png.d57b538acd6c1f18723efd089a7f2454.png

Well, it looks like we finally have our answer.  At least a portion of the next batch of 6700s appear to be heading there, replacing the 6600s at the bare minimum.  Time will tell if the 40 foot Nabis will be gone later on, but Busjack's theory appears to be correct:  35 footers are not part of Pace's future plans.

Side note:  Route 272 has seen a lot of North buses lately (3 of them up there now and only 1 NW bus, which is #2778).  I wonder if this route is being prepped for North to take over now that 6700s are heading there.  

Also, this now eliminates speculation of older 2600s heading up to North, whether feeders get new buses or not.   They will hit 12 years old this year so it'll be interesting to see what happens to them and what replaces them in the next year or two.  

41 minutes ago, rotjohns said:

Side note:  Route 272 has seen a lot of North buses lately (3 of them up there now and only 1 NW bus, which is #2778).  I wonder if this route is being prepped for North to take over now that 6700s are heading there.  

That goes back to the North restructuring of December 2013. 272 became mostly a North route, interlined with 574, with NW only picking up alternate rush hour trips and Saturday.

Only thing planned for 272 is to disconnect it from 270 when Pulse is instituted,but as was noted later in that thread, that pretty much was accomplished for weekdays in 2013.

Actually, you can reconcile the budget book with the roster as far as the Axxesses:

2012 - 13 (6323-6335)

2013 - 63 (6336-6394,6396-6399)

2014 - 20 (6400 [ex 6395], 6401-6412, 6414-6420)

2015 - 65 (6395 II, 6421-6484)

2016 - 62 (6485-6547)

2017 - 28 (6548-6575)

I would say something befell 6395 during delivery in 2013, and it was "re-delivered" as 6400 in 2014. 6395 2nd ex Altoona test bus acquired as part of settlement??

Also, note these appear to be years money allocated, not years buses delivered.

35 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

would say something befell 6395 during delivery in 2013,

It has been documented that it was the Altoona test bus. Pictures at Altoona sure make it look like a Pace bus, with the back destination sign slot.

35 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

Also, note these appear to be years money allocated, not years buses delivered.

I don't think Pace got the 6700s for free. And you can't reconcile it with that the only thing in the 2018 capital plan is 30 foot buses. I don't know what source you have, but I bet you don't have the invoices.

I'll acknowledge, though, that references in budgets to the MCIs and CNGs were about 3 years before they were delivered.

My only point was that the budgets are not transparent.

Budgeted items do not necessarily mean they are done in that year. Sometimes things happen years after they are supposed to. I wonder if "30 foot" changed to "40 foot" at some point, or even if it was an error to begin with?

Another point - I am interpreting a roster, not a afr listing. 28 are listed under 2018. Who says they are not from the 2017 buget, or even 2016?. Aĺ it says that when the list was compiled, there were 28 that had be en delivered so far in 2018.

4 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

I wonder if "30 foot" changed to "40 foot" at some point, or even if it waz an error to begin with?

Just proving that it isn't transparent.

On the other hand, CTA has always announced that the board authorized exercising certain options. 8325-8349 won't suddenly appear without warning in 2019.

11 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

If you foĺlowed each and every pace (or RTA?) board agenda item, there probably are items authorizing each option's adoption, but yes it is rathet convoluted.

I have followed all of  them for 20 years and there never has been one. But if you are confident about your supposition, I`m sure you can use a search on the pacebus site and post links to any.

You just put your  challenge back in your court. Heck you even admitted here you didn't know what the order numbers for the Orion VIs signified. 

21 hours ago, Busjack said:

I have followed all of  them for 20 years and there never has been one. But if you are confident about your supposition, I`m sure you can use a search on the pacebus site and post links to any.

You just put your  challenge back in your court. Heck you even admitted here you didn't know what the order numbers for the Orion VIs signified. 

Orion 6's were built on OBI order 1164A. 6000 in May 2000. 6001-6144 October 2000-May 2001, 6145-6156 November-December 2001, 6157-6161 February 2002. All one order, 143 base, 12 first option, 5 second option

2 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

Orion 6's were built on OBI order 1164A. 6000 in May 2000. 6001-6144 October 2000-May 2001, 6145-6156 November-December 2001, 6157-6161 February 2002. All one order, 143 base, 12 first option, 5 second option

Last time you said there was an order number, the same order number with an A, another order number, and the second order number with an A,. and you asked what that meant. I told you.

Also, what you have above is incorrect, as the first contract was for a base of 88 and an option for the rest up to 6144, and there was a separate contract advertised for 11 buses (needed when Pace took over operation of Pauline routes and moved some Nova Classics to them), which somehow became 17. That is based on the pacebus.com Contracts Awards page of that time. Also, 6156 was delivered with 6157-61 in about 2004.

I'm still waiting for your links to the minutes you say I will undoubtedly find. If such existed, we wouldn't be waiting for @Pace831 to go to Chandler, and both he and I going to South Holland, to scope out such things as the 6522s and 6700s showing up, or that the Pulse buses were in the South Holland parking lot way before they made it to NW. But, a search of this forum indicates that what you asserted exists never did.

Maybe you should admit when you are wrong.