Jump to content
artthouwill

New Eldorados?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Ricky Rodriguez said:

Never thought they'd use #6387 on route 895

Possible, since a SW bus, but I wonder if ridership has developed enough that an EZ Rider doesn't have enough capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#6740 has begun service. Currently on #571. Keep in mind everybody that at least 60% of the 6700s is possible to replace both 6162s and 6600s at North. So far 53 buses there while 6700s is at #6779 so far, in which that makes a lot of sense to me that North should have 50 of them. It is also a possibility of #6253 and #6259-61 either migrate to West or become retired depending on the outcome of how many 6700s at North. Anybody wants to explain to me why on earth #6701-02 are at Fox Valley???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Anybody wants to explain to me why on earth #6701-02 are at Fox Valley???

It's there on the inventory, but I don't think there are any sightings (Webwarch or actual) yet.

Only explanation I can give is similar to Waukegan: school runs on 533 and 540. I thought I read somewhere that the East Aurora School District doesn't provide transportation, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, garmon757 said:

#6740 has begun service. Currently on #571. Keep in mind everybody that at least 60% of the 6700s is possible to replace both 6162s and 6600s at North. So far 53 buses there while 6700s is at #6779 so far, in which that makes a lot of sense to me that North should have 50 of them. It is also a possibility of #6253 and #6259-61 either migrate to West or become retired depending on the outcome of how many 6700s at North. Anybody wants to explain to me why on earth #6701-02 are at Fox Valley???

Whoa wait a minute. You mean North division actually has a new bus. If I'm not mistaken this is there first new bus since the #2300's over 20 years ago. That's an even worst span than fg!!

So I wonder what happens to the #6262's? They go to west and north? They were not supposed to be retired unless that has changed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

If I'm not mistaken this is there first new bus since the #2300's over 20 years ago

Actually you are. It got 2423-2447 new in 1999 (which would still make it 19 years).

18 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

So I wonder what happens to the #6262's?

They are all at West.

I take it you have been on vacation the past couple of weeks?xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Actually you are. It got 2423-2447 new in 1999 (which would still make it 19 years).

They are all at West.

I take it you have been on vacation the past couple of weeks?xD

Actually quite the opposite. But I've been making insane money. Been working on my house too so I have no time. I just have to find time to enjoy my passions that's all. Forgot about the 2400s. I need to seriously update the Pace roster but it may not need too many changes. Knock on wood...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I need to seriously update the Pace roster but it may not need too many changes. Knock on wood...

The inventory, which seems mostly, but not completely correct is posted here, so basically one only has to go from there forward. A lot of junk is off of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Busjack said:

Only explanation I can give is similar to Waukegan: school runs on 533 and 540. I thought I read somewhere that the East Aurora School District doesn't provide transportation, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

There is the standard that a student must live at least 1.5 miles from school to qualify for free transportation. It is worded strangely on the page you linked, but clarified here. The Pace routes mostly serve the areas closer to the school. I would guess that is the primary reason those trips would get ridership. I'm not yet willing to bet that 6701-02 are for the school trips though. We'll just have to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2018 at 10:41 PM, Busjack said:

Possible, since a SW bus, but I wonder if ridership has developed enough that an EZ Rider doesn't have enough capacity.

Based on the time of the screenshot (5:55 PM) and location of the bus, that would have been the last non-Rosemont trip. I doubt ridership would be the reason for a bigger bus on that trip. They probably just needed a spare bus, and that is what was immediately available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2018 at 8:59 AM, Busjack said:

It's there on the inventory, but I don't think there are any sightings (Webwarch or actual) yet.

Only explanation I can give is similar to Waukegan: school runs on 533 and 540. I thought I read somewhere that the East Aurora School District doesn't provide transportation, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Seems reasonable but it’s been quite a while since Fox Valley had 40 footers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buses up to 6750 on Webwatch on N routes at the moment, although the "density" of 6700s doesn't look like N is running half 6700s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2018 at 6:33 AM, garmon757 said:

It is also a possibility of #6253 and #6259-61 either migrate to West or become retired depending on the outcome of how many 6700s at North.

They'll probably be sent to West because #6261 was spotted on 322 not long ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rarely have I seen any NABIs under 6262 in service at West recently.  I haven't  seen any of the ones that came from South that weren't  originally from West.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Rarely have I seen any NABIs under 6262 in service at West recently.  I haven't  seen any of the ones that came from South that weren't  originally from West.

Yesterday I looked on Webwatch during rush hour, and it was something like 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Yesterday I looked on Webwatch during rush hour, and it was something like 5.

Actually  saw one this morning after I posted earlier.  The question is whether  West will get any new Eldorados, seeing that it has the oldest Axess buses along with so many NABIs?  And if so, when?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Actually  saw one this morning after I posted earlier.  The question is whether  West will get any new Eldorados, seeing that it has the oldest Axess buses along with so many NABIs?  And if so, when?

As I indicated before, present budget documents don't show a path to that, unless @Pace831 sees something like 8780-8850 at Chandler. At the moment, W seems stuck with about 20 white NABIs and 58 blue ones. But we were talking a couple of years ago about SW being stuck with Orion VIs and a couple of months ago about N being stuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went by Chandler this morning and 6575 was waiting to get in. When they opened the gate I could see there were no buses in the yard. That is probably an indication that deliveries have stopped, as there are usually several buses there. I'll try to get to South Holland later this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×