New Eldorados?

artthouwill

The 272 is operated jointly with Pace North. Might have been one of North's buses then. I think, but don't remember off hand, if 6674 is a North bus or not. I think it is though.

I do wonder if North will get any ElDorado buses... We could use them on the 566 at least.

6674 has to be a North bus, that's a former Joliet bus that got moved and route 272 is shared with NW, which doesn't have any Nabis on their roster at all.

I do wonder if North will get any ElDorado buses... We could use them on the 566 at least.

I'm surprised there hasn't been any mention of perhaps moving some of North's equipment around to places that might need them. Then again, for the school trippers in Waukegan, the 40-footers are necessary.

The 40 footers are indeed handy for school trippers. Even a 40' NABI is usually packed nose to tail with kids. Too bad it isn't possible to run a 60' NABI (Such as old CTA 7500s) up here, the kids would probably pack one of those too.

Everytime I am on a school tripper like that, a certain Weird Al song comes to mind!

The 573 comes to mind as another route that could use and El Dorado.

The 40 footers are indeed handy for school trippers. Even a 40' NABI is usually packed nose to tail with kids. Too bad it isn't possible to run a 60' NABI (Such as old CTA 7500s) up here, the kids would probably pack one of those too.

Everytime I am on a school tripper like that, a certain Weird Al song comes to mind!

The 573 comes to mind as another route that could use and El Dorado.

But isn't school over now or is it an all year round school? I'm just wondering so that Pace can figure out what buses they can put up there besides the Eldos. Maybe an Academy Nabi like 6249 can move up there to run those routes.

But isn't school over now or is it an all year round school? I'm just wondering so that Pace can figure out what buses they can put up there besides the Eldos. Maybe an Academy Nabi like 6249 can move up there to run those routes.

I assume that when school is out, S trips aren't run, and hence there isn't a demand for buses, although someone in the division should say what the effect is on the pick.

With the shuffling, there might be an excess of 6200s, but since 5750 says that Academy isn't losing the weekday routes it now has, apparently not from there. It depends on what the plans are for West.

It may be possible some of the new Eldos would go to NW. With most of the outlying suburban areas being covered by eldos we may be seeing more eldos closer to the city. The #209 and a few other routes possibly a few more #226's and maybe a few #240's that run when school is not getting in or out could use some. They don't seem to have the ridership to support a 40 footer with the exception of a few runs around school time.

• Upvote 1

Academy is looking to put more 40 footers on the street. Where there getting them from is uncertain. If they do get them, I think West will give up some of theirs. As far as 40 footers, were down to four, one Orion, #2293 and our three Nabis.

Academy is looking to put more 40 footers on the street. Where there getting them from is uncertain. If they do get them, I think West will give up some of theirs. As far as 40 footers, were down to four, one Orion, #2293 and our three Nabis.

NW should be evaluating some of their routes to see if they could use some Eldos instead of getting all of the Orion VIs they are getting right now. But also, remember some of those 40 footers are 1993 Orions which are probably just there to take up space until they are retired probably within the next month or so. SW should too, they don't need 40 footers on a few of their routes at all. Now if that happens, we could see some swapping and that could lead to Academy getting some Orions VI (5750 might have just fainted...lol).

NW should be evaluating some of their routes to see if they could use some Eldos instead of getting all of the Orion VIs they are getting right now. But also, remember some of those 40 footers are 1993 Orions which are probably just there to take up space until they are retired probably within the next month or so. SW should too, they don't need 40 footers on a few of their routes at all. Now if that happens, we could see some swapping and that could lead to Academy getting some Orions VI (5750 might have just fainted...lol).

I believe CTA5750 would prefer NOVA Classics instead. :D

Orion VIs NOPE!!! Nova Classics YES!!!!! :)

Nice pic! The fact there is a fare box tells me they are not heading to contractor routes like Westmont or Naperville.

And also that at least this one should hit the street soon, although as of yet no sign of anything new on NS routes (and for obvious reasons).

What are these TIGER stickers for?

What TIGER stands for is Transit Investments for Greenhouse Gas and Energy Reduction.

I have no idea why they dropped the second "G".Basically it is 100 million dollars

available as a grant to transit agencies for capital investments that will assist

in reducing the energy consumption or greenhouse gas emissions of public transit systems.

What TIGER stands for is Transit Investments for Greenhouse Gas and Energy Reduction.

I have no idea why they dropped the second "G".Basically it is 100 million dollars

available as a grant to transit agencies for capital investments that will assist

in reducing the energy consumption or greenhouse gas emissions of public transit systems.

Again, no, and we debated that before. TIGGER was only, in this area, for the 80 plugs for the North Park hybrids. Pace had an application for 10 hybrid buses and 10 hybrid paratransits, which was denied, although Pace piggybacked on a grant to IDOT for 10 hybrid paratransits.

TIGER apparently has two parts: the stimulus grants, which paid for the 58 CTA buses, Dearborn subway ties, and Chinatown station for the CTA and these 58 buses for Pace (see grant list*). Also the discretionary grant program, which, I mentioned yesterday, went to CREATE.

Note that the DOT pages have links for if you meant TIGER instead of TIGGER, or vice versa.

*Arlington Heights is there for 248 diesel buses, which consist of these 58, plus 190 paratransits.

• Upvote 1

According to Wikipedia, the Eldos will be numbered up to 2825. Where will they land?

Normally, I wouldn't trust Wikipedia that much, but in this case, that's about right. 58 stimulus buses starting from 2767-2825 would make 58, though remember there is no buses ending in "13" so there'll be no 2813. So it'll either be 57 if it stops at 2825 or 58, but extend to 2826. With that many buses coming plus some 40 footers also eventually coming from somewhere TBD, they'll be spread out all over the place. I don't believe there are 58 of the 1993 Orion IVs and Nova Classics combined at this point, so that could mean the worst of the 1999 Nabis could also smell retirement.