New Eldorados?

artthouwill

And since the bus deliveries only went up to #6782 so far, this means that West will not receive any new buses for the foreseeable future. Only hand-me-downs.

And I am also suspecting West to be opposed to receiving buses with the full-line rear destination signs, preferring a route-number-only rear sign. Just like Northwest was opposed to NABI buses.

1 hour ago, RJL6000 said:

And I am also suspecting West to be opposed to receiving buses with the full-line rear destination signs, preferring a route-number-only rear sign. Just like Northwest was opposed to NABI buses.

My impression is that the central office assigns the buses. Also, there was a solicitation a while back for rear destination signs, although there isn't any indication that Pace acted on it.

3 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

And since the bus deliveries only went up to #6782 so far, this means that West will not receive any new buses for the foreseeable future.

What "in a while" may be open to interpretation, and despite the inferences from the last two budgets, the Anticipated Procurement Opportunities report says "Purchase of 30' - 40' Diesel Buses/$30M-$50M/2Q 2018."

25 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

Arlington Hts definitely decides who gets what. Sometimes you wonder why certain buses end up where they do, but I'm sure somebody has a reason in mind, and it isn't at garage level.

Definitely. There was the pattern of garages getting only some series (only W got mixed Orion VIs and NABIs), and the pattern the past couple of years has been that buses get moved to run them into the ground, and then that garage gets new buses, such as Orion VIs from NW to SW to W, and NABIs from NS to S or N. The only open question at the moment is what happens at West, but the Anticipated Procurement Opportunities I cited above might be the clue.

I would also guess that now that N has a solid block of approx. 50 40 foot buses, Pace doesn't intend to send any 30 foot buses there. Would have been different if only 25 40 foot buses were sent there.

On 2/28/2018 at 3:24 PM, Busjack said:

6779 on 572.

Also, I'm assuming that 3:20 is peak, and there are only 6700s on N routes, per Webwatch.

We're seeing the end of the 6600s, perhaps everywhere.  West still has 5 left, but only 3 of them are out as of now.  South2 lot is probably flooded with 6600s and 6162s in the last week or two.

18 hours ago, rotjohns said:

We're seeing the end of the 6600s, perhaps everywhere.  West still has 5 left, but only 3 of them are out as of now.  South2 lot is probably flooded with 6600s and 6162s in the last week or two.

Do you know what 5 #6600's are left at west? I've been working on the Pace roster and have eliminated a lot of North #6600's. South no longer has #6600's??? What about river. The 3 #6600's are gone???

I could probably stand to trim down the #6162's. It seems like there are only a few at north. The south one's are gone?

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Do you know what 5 #6600's are left at west? I've been working on the Pace roster and have eliminated a lot of North #6600's. South no longer has #6600's??? What about river. The 3 #6600's are gone???

I could probably stand to trim down the #6162's. It seems like there are only a few at north. The south one's are gone?

I think #6612, #6652(I may be wrong), #6666 and #6672 maybe a few more

I've been working on the Pace roster and have eliminated a lot of North #6600's. South no longer has #6600's??? What about river.

S hasn't run any since the CNG deliveries were completed, and River hasn't run any since it got 6703-6706. Apparently, N is no longer running its, either. Whether they went to W or were put in the scrap lot, I don't know, but any remaining would be at W.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Ricky Rodriguez said:

I'd say there are still more to come. And I have a feeling that 6576 - 6599 may be pulse buses for the Dempster line. 

Too many (12 would be enough) and they skipped that range.Obviously, though, Pulse buses would have to be ordered by 2020. The other growth opportunity is "if equipment becomes available" to expand the Edens BOS. I wonder if the picture on the Edens page of an I-90 bus (looks like 6506) in Bus On Shoulder instead of I-90 express wrap means anything, or is just for publicity.

Embedded from there:

Shoulder_wrap.jpg

4 hours ago, Busjack said:

Too many (12 would be enough) and they skipped that range.Obviously, though, Pulse buses would have to be ordered by 2020. The other growth opportunity is "if equipment becomes available" to expand the Edens BOS. I wonder if the picture on the Edens page of an I-90 bus (looks like 6506) in Bus On Shoulder instead of I-90 express wrap means anything, or is just for publicity.

Embedded from there:

Shoulder_wrap.jpg

Yeah busjack I think you snagged the big fish here. Startup is going to be April 9th and suddenly ns is getting eldorados. Hmm... sounds like too much of a coincidence. Anyone see #6781 or #82 and confirm they are not highway Eldorados.

Yeah busjack I think you snagged the big fish here. Startup is going to be April 9th and suddenly ns is getting eldorados. Hmm... sounds like too much of a coincidence. Anyone see #6781 or #82 and confirm they are not highway Eldorados.

I don't necessarily  think the Edema BOD buses have to be highway buses but must be wrapped.  But we will see.

19 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah busjack I think you snagged the big fish here. Startup is going to be April 9th and suddenly ns is getting eldorados.

I didn't snag anything other than a peak at pacebus.com. If you had read my post (as @artthouwill did), only thing indicated so far is that it is a publicity shot of an I-90 bus. And as has also been pointed out above, 6781 is in Waukegan.

54 minutes ago, Busjack said:

I didn't snag anything other than a peak at pacebus.com. If you had read my post (as @artthouwill did), only thing indicated so far is that it is a publicity shot of an I-90 bus. And as has also been pointed out above, 6781 is in Waukegan.

Yeah but why send anything to ns. They don't need buses.  But  bos does..... besides eldorado has an active contract. 

9 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah but why send anything to ns. They don't need buses.  But  bos does

At the moment BOS doesn't. If you had read the page, it said that only existing 620 and 626 are going on it April 9. It also said "Service expansion is based on the availability of funding and equipment."

9 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

besides eldorado has an active contract. 

As previously noted, that's questionable, as it was a 5 year contract issued in 2011.

One would still have to explain why an I-90 bus (this is 6506, not a 6700) was rewrapped, even assuming that this was not a Photoshop job. Given that the wrench logo goes over the vents, my bet is that it is a Photoshop job.

28 minutes ago, Busjack said:

At the moment BOS doesn't. If you had read the page, it said that only existing 620 and 626 are going on it April 9. It also said "Service expansion is based on the availability of funding and equipment."

As previously noted, that's questionable, as it was a 5 year contract issued in 2011.

One would still have to explain why an I-90 bus (this is 6506, not a 6700) was rewrapped, even assuming that this was not a Photoshop job. Given that the wrench logo goes over the vents, my bet is that it is a Photoshop job.

Maybe because they don't have the actual bus yet and a photo shoot would look hokey at chandler Pace831 hasnt seen this bus at chandler??? He's really been hot on the trail of new eldos.

Would a mci have enough riders? Mcis seem more  fitting for Plainfield service or a longer haul type service.

From an operational standpoint highway eldos make sense because they can double as a 2nd fixed route replacement. Mcis on 213 seem silly.

4 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Maybe because they don't have the actual bus yet and a photo shoot would look hokey at chandler Pace831 hasnt seen this bus at chandler??? He's really been hot on the trail of new eldos.

Would a mci have enough riders? Mcis seem more  fitting for Plainfield service or a longer haul type service.

From an operational standpoint highway eldos make sense because they can double as a 2nd fixed route replacement. Mcis on 213 seem silly.

I don't follow anything you say.

With regard to this picture,I assume Pace is in charge of its own Public Relations, and doesn't have to go to the lengths our members such as @Pace831 do.