New Eldorados?

artthouwill

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah but you can't do a photo shoot at chandler

Not that Pace would need to

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

so it's using stock footage.The average person doesnt know that #6506 is an i90 bus. 

Now you got it.

42 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

So what are we saying NS is going to borrow a few i90 highway buses? From the looks of the ridership maybe Dundee could run a few eldorkos!! LOL!! 9_9

Still interested in #6782. To be (a highway bus) or not to be.... that is the question

No.  I think NS will use its existing equipment.  Probably a handful of buses  get new wraps and those buses get dedicated to Edens BOS service.

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

No.  I think NS will use its existing equipment.  Probably a handful of buses  get new wraps and those buses get dedicated to Edens BOS service.

Well #6506 is just four buses away from the last highway bus because the block goes to pulse at 6510 no?

Like I was saying you could pull a few off the service that goes nwtc to randall. It almost has no riders. What is that #607?

31 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Well #6506 is just four buses away from the last highway bus because the block goes to pulse at 6510 no?

Like I was saying you could pull a few off the service that goes nwtc to randall. It almost has no riders. What is that #607?

@artthouwill has it correct. Again, it has been said many times that at the kickoff, only existing 620 and 626 will be using the shoulder.

22 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

There's a picture of 6782 if you go back two pages in this thread.

That saves me having to make a trip to Lake Cook at 8:15 a.m. 9_9

16 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Hmm doesnt have the highway bus windows. I wonder why it went to ns are they short buses?

Must have been. 6235, 6255, 6256, and 6258 were still on the inventory as NS after 6729 was delivered, but those 4 buses were either at W or not seen after 6701, 6702, and 6782 showed up.

Again, going back to @artthouwill's point, I don't see why you are so hung up that the Edens BOS has to be highway buses, especially when the assigned routes are designated as "Limited." Only thing happening in the short term after April 9 is that a 620 or 626 gets to use the shoulder if the expressway is backed up, and based on travel times noted in the morning, it isn't.

14 minutes ago, Ricky Rodriguez said:

My mistake

6786 is at NW

Screenshot_2018-03-20-22-40-03.png

I deleted my prior comment. At the time you first posted, there  are 2 NW  buses on 422; one full route bus I saw (6419) and 1 only  between Linden and Old Orchard. I must have misinterpreted the direction of the icon. 

I'm not sure why NW would need it, either.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

I'm not sure why NW would need it, either.

Let me guess...

I'm speculating that either 6392-6394 and 6396-6400s or the 6560s-6575 may move from NW to W to retire all of the remaining 2003 NABIs, then 6783 and up may then be going to NW to replace them.

7 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

Let me guess...

I'm speculating that either 6392-6394 and 6396-6400s or the 6560s-6575 may move from NW to W to retire all of the remaining 2003 NABIs, then 6783 and up may then be going to NW to replace them.

Given how the pattern of Axess buses has gone so far, not very likely. For instance, they could have consolidated series between NS and R, but did not do so. Pace could have sent them directly to W.

Normally, Pace moves older buses to consolidate them, but now they are all consolidated at W.

1 hour ago, andrethebusman said:

Latest roster. Note 18500's. How many more 6700's coming? Anyone go by Acceptance recently?

PACE_FR_03222018.pdf

@Pace831said he did.

Notable here are that some 6200s and 6600s are listed as Ravinia, and the Orion VIs are totally off the list.

Will have to find out what FVT means for 6784 and 6785 means (no 6783 yet). Same mysterious stuff as 6701-2 to Fox Valley in the last inventory?

As @andrethebusman pointed out, 11 18500s for South. I can't figure out why they would be needed, except maybe to move the highway buses elsewhere (which would make @BusHunter feel better). Something within the contract, but certainly not in any published budget.

5 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

Anyone go by Acceptance recently?

All that was visible on Wednesday was paratransits, community vehicles, and vans. I haven't seen anything at Chandler either.

The note on the 18500s "deployment pending June of this year" is a little confusing.

6 hours ago, Pace831 said:

All that was visible on Wednesday was paratransits, community vehicles, and vans. I haven't seen anything at Chandler either.

The note on the 18500s "deployment pending June of this year" is a little confusing.

Means they have them, and they are accepted, but will not see use until June. Note that South still has 8 diesel 6300's. Maybe these are suburbans and will replace them?

FVT most likely Fox Valley Training (Aurora Garage, where they do most of their training). Why two brand-new buses being used as trainers? Very good question. Maybe they are not normal buses, like the CTA has an extra 6400, extra RTS, extra 5300??

10 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

FVT most likely Fox Valley Training (Aurora Garage, where they do most of their training). Why two brand-new buses being used as trainers?

If as surmised about 6701-6702, if Aurora actually needs them, there is going to have to be training, since FV hasn't had a big bus in a very long time.

10 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

Maybe they are not normal buses, like the CTA has an extra 6400, extra RTS, extra 5300??

Pace doesn't waste capital like that. And if they had a training center for mechanics, it would probably be in South Holland.

On 3/23/2018 at 11:06 AM, Busjack said:

@Pace831said he did.

Notable here are that some 6200s and 6600s are listed as Ravinia, and the Orion VIs are totally off the list.

Will have to find out what FVT means for 6784 and 6785 means (no 6783 yet). Same mysterious stuff as 6701-2 to Fox Valley in the last inventory?

As @andrethebusman pointed out, 11 18500s for South. I can't figure out why they would be needed, except maybe to move the highway buses elsewhere (which would make @BusHunter feel better). Something within the contract, but certainly not in any published budget.

2 things I also noticed is 6366 is back on the roster and 6297 is no longer in service.