New Eldorados?

artthouwill

27 minutes ago, RJL6000 said:

And with all of the "customizations" that Pace requested, it is very possible that there will be no bids at all for this contract. (The bidding must run it's course, of course.)

That would not eliminate ENC, because the spec is for a Pulse bus; ENC's questions were essentially whether Pace wanted that. 

Only thing I figured is that the bid might be $100K/bus more than the last time (sort of like the 8624s), but unless there is something to do with the mechanical specifications, ENC has built something similar. Bids are just to determine which bidders are in the competitive range to solicit a Best and Final Offer, so if something is truly impossible it may be addressed at that time.

What's clear is that NF and AD were basically doing a sales job on their specs or else, so they are probably out.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/24/2018 at 5:37 PM, artthouwill said:

I think ENC is the early favorite.  Unless one of the others really undercuts price,  Pace could go all in onENC.

It might be ElDorado for the 30-footers, but we don't know yet. The Pace board meeting for the awarding of the 30-foot portion of the large bus procurement contract was yesterday. The 40-foot portion was awarded last month (which, we all know, would be New Flyer {NFI}).

55 minutes ago, MetroShadow said:

It was on the agenda yesterday morning...so unless they’ve pulled the agenda item, I’ll verify this claim. 

Interesting. Maybe they removed that item at the last minute. We can always wait until they post the video in a day or two.

On 5/9/2019 at 5:24 PM, MetroShadow said:

It was on the agenda yesterday morning...so unless they’ve pulled the agenda item, I’ll verify this claim. 

Here's the video link:

http://streaming.pacebus.com/userportal/#/player/vod/Rbfea0b2446d1492290f6506109de0cbd

It will be ElDorado again for the 30-footers. That company turned out to be the only bidder of the 30-foot portion of the contract. Thus, there will be new replacement EZ Rider II BRT buses in the farther-out suburbs, just like where the current EZ Rider II (non-BRT) buses currently run.

The 164-bus order will replace all of the 2600s and half of the 2700s in the Pace fleet.

59 minutes ago, RJL6000 said:

Here's the video link:

http://streaming.pacebus.com/userportal/#/player/vod/Rbfea0b2446d1492290f6506109de0cbd

It will be ElDorado again for the 30-footers. That company turned out to be the only bidder of the 30-foot portion of the contract. Thus, there will be new replacement EZ Rider II BRT buses in the farther-out suburbs, just like where the current EZ Rider II (non-BRT) buses currently run.

The 164-bus order will replace all of the 2600s and half of the 2700s in the Pace fleet.

Logically, this makes sense. I see them doing the 30' 30 passenger instead of the 23. Still wish NF or even Gillig. I think Chicagoland might be the largest metro area without an order of Xcelsiors (test buses not withstanding). Alternatively, Pace might be the agency with the largest number of El Dorkos, except maybe LADOT and/or LACMTA?

https://youtu.be/usYmRG-YtVg

24 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I think Chicagoland might be the largest metro area without an order of Xcelsiors (test buses not withstanding).

Make that currently without any Xcelsiors. However, the Pace order of 40-footers that was awarded last month will be Xcelsiors, with the first buses to arrive on the property sometime next year. And neither of the two companies will start building any until the "notice to proceed" is granted.

By the way, the current Pace EZ Riders (at least 2600-2825) seat 27 passengers, not 23 passengers, per bus: They have no rear door like some other 30-foot buses do.

2 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

Make that currently without any Xcelsiors. However, the Pace order of 40-footers that was awarded last month will be Xcelsiors, with the first buses to arrive on the property sometime next year. And neither of the two companies will start building any until the "notice to proceed" is granted.

By the way, the current Pace EZ Riders (at least 2600-2825) seat 27 passengers, not 23 passengers, per bus: They have no rear door like some other 30-foot buses do.

Totally forgot about that order. In regards to the passenger count, I was looking at the current specs for the EZ Rider II to see what they might get.

4 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Logically, this makes sense. I see them doing the 30' 30 passenger instead of the 23. Still wish NF or even Gillig. I think Chicagoland might be the largest metro area without an order of Xcelsiors (test buses not withstanding). Alternatively, Pace might be the agency with the largest number of El Dorkos, except maybe LADOT and/or LACMTA?

https://youtu.be/usYmRG-YtVg

Neither LA agency (LACMTA, LADOT, Foothill) has that many ElDorkos, and they’ve just started arriving. 

On 5/13/2019 at 7:14 PM, RJL6000 said:

Here's the video link:

The BRT version comes in 32ft and 35ft models.

9 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Awww, Foothill has them now? Booooo. That aside, what garages have buses that are getting replaced?

I live in the other part of the state, but I believe MV has a bunch. Not sure which MTA division has them. 

/Santa Rosa CityBus and Sonoma County has a bunch of 40’

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, WCR said:

Do we know whether or not the 30-footers will have rear doors? And also when exactly these orders (for NFI and El Dorado) were placed and/or are expected to be fulfilled?

I can't find the bid specifications, but probably not. In regards to dates, the 30' & 40' El Dorados bid was awarded on 6/12 for approx. $11.2 mil and the 30' New Flyer bid was awarded on 6/21 for approx. $36.8 mil. We should probably start to see these mid-to-late 2020

1 hour ago, Pace831 said:

You would have had to register as a potential bidder at the time it was open, as @Busjack used to do.

Mhm. I hope he's doing well.i also haven't seen @BusHunter in a while either. 

12 hours ago, WCR said:

Do we know whether or not the 30-footers will have rear doors? And also when exactly these orders (for NFI and El Dorado) were placed and/or are expected to be fulfilled?

Anyways, I doubled back to get more info: iirc, all EZ Rider II 30' variants include a rear door, it's only the 32' & 35' models that can come w/o a rear door. As for the flyers, most likely the 30' (that should really say 35', there are no 30' Xcelsiors) will have a rear door, I've yet to see any XD35, XN35 or XDE35 come w/o a rear door and while I'm sure one has to exist somewhere, I've yet to actually see an Xcelsior not have a rear door, so it's probably a guarantee that these ones will come equipped with one

27 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Mhm. I hope he's doing well.i also haven't seen @BusHunter in a while either. 

Anyways, I doubled back to get more info: iirc, all EZ Rider II 30' variants include a rear door, it's only the 32' & 35' models that can come w/o a rear door. As for the flyers, most likely the 30' (that should really say 35', there are no 30' Xcelsiors) will have a rear door, I've yet to see any XD35, XN35 or XDE35 come w/o a rear door and while I'm sure one has to exist somewhere, I've yet to actually see an Xcelsior not have a rear door, so it's probably a guarantee that these ones will come equipped with one

There's an order for 30/35ft Xcelsiors? From what I've read here there were two orders, one for 75 40ft buses from NFI (to replace NABIs) and one for 164 30ft buses from El Dorado (to replace some of the 2600s).

• Upvote 1