New Eldorados?

artthouwill

1 hour ago, WCR said:

There's an order for 30/35ft Xcelsiors? From what I've read here there were two orders, one for 75 40ft buses from NFI (to replace NABIs) and one for 164 30ft buses from El Dorado (to replace some of the 2600s).

You're totally right, I mixed myself up. Yes, the flyers are 40' only and the El Dorados are 30' & 40'

• 6 months later...
On 1/16/2020 at 6:40 PM, WCR said:

Now that we have a Flyer prototype on the property with plans for deliveries kicking off in March, any further word on the new El Dorados? I didn't hear anything about them in the last board meeting.

Didn't pace purchase more 30ft Eldorado buses?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I might be a little off topic, but I noticed this bus (6372) has a bigger rear number now rather than last summer. I also noticed a few buses are getting the numbers on the front into a new font too (near the blue retarder light), and 6372, 6362, and 6347 have the new number, while 6364 and 6352 have the old Helvetica number.

bandicam 2020-06-05 14-52-53-482.jpg

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, WCR said:

Been over a year and still no sign of these? Prototype even? They were ordered with the Flyers and those started arriving in March.

I could be wrong but I don't think the EZ RIDERS have gone through an extensive enough modification to warrant prototypes.  The Novas and Now Flyers have changed their models enough.  Manufacturers that are now to an agency will also have to send prototypes.   If these were EZ Rider 4s, maybe.  I don't know.  I guess someone will have to check S Holland,  Heritage,  Fox Valley,  River, and North to see if any pop up.  Maybe check out the Pace newsletter. 

13 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

RTAs project update from May says 23 buses delivered by July, so any day now I guess. Says they will go to Fox Valley and MV Batavia. 

http://www.rtams.org/rtams/pmoProject.jsp?id=1037

hmm they only ordered 23 buses? The minimum order is 67, so they probably go to other outlying garages also.

1 hour ago, Tcmetro said:

My guess is that it's a multi-year contract and the 23 is just the first batch. 

Yes, the 5 year contract calls for 164 buses should they execute after the 67. That's like 33 buses a year, so it's not something that will happen overnight. I seemed to have stumbled on a little confusion. When looking up the order, it states these will be Axess BRT 30 foot buses so they will be like their big brothers the #6323's. Now when looking up the Axess BRT it states on the Thor/eldorado website that the Axess BRT comes in 35 foot and 40 foot editions. So thinking about #2829 with it's Axess like front end, I was thinking but they make that, but my roster indicates those are easy riders, so is the order for a new model or the #2829 series like bus? Here's a few links for reference.

Bus Order as reported in Masstransitmag.com

https://www.masstransitmag.com/bus/vehicles/gas-diesel-cng-lng/press-release/21096689/eldorado-national-pace-awards-enc-with-23-transit-bus-order-as-part-of-fiveyear-contract

Bus #2829:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mbernero/7654167468

8 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Yes, the 5 year contract calls for 164 buses should they execute after the 67. That's like 33 buses a year, so it's not something that will happen overnight. I seemed to have stumbled on a little confusion. When looking up the order, it states these will be Axess BRT 30 foot buses so they will be like their big brothers the #6323's. Now when looking up the Axess BRT it states on the Thor/eldorado website that the Axess BRT comes in 35 foot and 40 foot editions. So thinking about #2829 with it's Axess like front end, I was thinking but they make that, but my roster indicates those are easy riders, so is the order for a new model or the #2829 series like bus? Here's a few links for reference.

Bus Order as reported in Masstransitmag.com

https://www.masstransitmag.com/bus/vehicles/gas-diesel-cng-lng/press-release/21096689/eldorado-national-pace-awards-enc-with-23-transit-bus-order-as-part-of-fiveyear-contract

Bus #2829:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mbernero/7654167468

I think the press release made it mistake.   The Axxess buses are 35 ft and longer.   The shorties are the EZ Riders.  I believe their front caps were redesigned to match Axxess front cap, but clearly the order is fir EZ Riders  

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

South Division?  Pace might have ordered more CNG El Dorados for the PULSE Halsted line.  Separate from the new 30ft bus order.

You're probably correct, most likely a small order they tacked on. I'll try and find more of these this week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

South Division?  Pace might have ordered more CNG El Dorados for the PULSE Halsted line.  Separate from the new 30ft bus order.

They don't have those LED screens like 6510-21. If they don't have rear doors then these are probably like 6377-91 & 6485-6509 for routes 877/888.