2200-series - Updates (Retired)

BusHunter

If you guys are interested here's some pictures I found on the Catchmo Media car.

attachicon.gifcta 2238.jpg

attachicon.gifcta 2238a.jpg

attachicon.gifcta 2238b.jpg

This car Im told is going to the Chicago Fire Academy to be used for training. We already have a set of CTA trucks Looks like 6000s actually I will post pics soon. There are rails getting ready to be put together in preparation for the car's arrival.

This car Im told is going to the Chicago Fire Academy to be used for training. We already have a set of CTA trucks Looks like 6000s actually I will post pics soon. There are rails getting ready to be put together in preparation for the car's arrival.

Any particular reason? The Northeastern Illinois Public Safety Training Academy in Glenview has a Metra car for training in case of disaster; something similar here?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A friend who visited IRM last month shared some pictures with me of the operation of #2243-44. I didn't know these were already operational. They said they only ran on the inner loop though.

attachicon.gifcta 2243 at irm aug 2014.jpg

attachicon.gifIRM Aug 2014 2244-43 in service.jpg

attachicon.gifcta 2243 at irm.jpg

On the bottom pic, there appears to be a 2600 series set of cars. Can anyone verify what those cars are? I suppose they could also be 2400s.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Remember #2347-48? And Jungle Jim's an Ohio grocer had one of the winning bids. I looked up his store on Youtube and found out he has a monorail and waterfall/fountain in the parking lot. He has a bunch of really way out stuff in his store like a boat in the seafood section. He claims you can buy many kinds of seafood items live swimming around, he has tanks of seafood. He has a fire truck over the spice section and i believe a dairy truck over the dairy section. He also has a provolone cheese that's like 2 stories tall. He has an animated Campbell's Soup display probably over the soup. A really weird store. They claim there's two in the Cincinnatti area. Here's a video on the store

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI5YjuScEo0

This monorail really works, there's a youtube video of someone riding it, isn't that something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe4NDQkCgx0

All this makes me wonder what he plans to do with the #2200 series car but it should be interesting.

• Upvote 1

Remember #2347-48? And Jungle Jim's an Ohio grocer had one of the winning bids. I looked up his store on Youtube and found out he has a monorail and waterfall/fountain in the parking lot. He has a bunch of really way out stuff in his store like a boat in the seafood section. He claims you can buy many kinds of seafood items live swimming around, he has tanks of seafood. He has a fire truck over the spice section and i believe a dairy truck over the dairy section. He also has a provolone cheese that's like 2 stories tall. He has an animated Campbell's Soup display probably over the soup. A really weird store. They claim there's two in the Cincinnatti area. Here's a video on the store

All this makes me wonder what he plans to do with the #2200 series car but it should be interesting.

That's one heck of a slow zone...

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

one set or car has been in a commercial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYRn8xjDU10 it is seen at 0:5-0:6 does anyone know what car # this is Thanks.

also in this commercial too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSiqrermCTY the 2200 is seen at 0:12-0:14.

Stopping at 0:03, it sure isn't a Portland street car, but it looks like the seats were swapped with those similar to in a later 5000.