2200-series - Updates (Retired)

BusHunter

I really enjoy riding the 2200s on the final day. I have a Youtube video of their last run.

I finally had a chance to take a peek at your video, and was shocked to see you were the one who entered 2339 in the beginning of the video (in other words, the guy in the white shirt and red backpack was me!) :)

I finally had a chance to take a peek at your video, and was shocked to see you were the one who entered 2339 in the beginning of the video (in other words, the guy in the white shirt and red backpack was me!) :)

Yes, I was the one who filmed on car #2339. I wearing a blue baseball cap with tan jacket. That was me.

Hope they don't blow it up!! :huh::P

I forgot to mention there are some more nice pictures of the farewell #2200's here,http://cerablog.com/2013/08/09/last-run-of-the-2200s/ in the cerablog, including a picture of them in the first day of service on the Dan Ryan. There's some nice pictures of them at O' Hare also.

The people mover explains why it was shot in Detroit, although nothing about that was said around here.

But maybe they could have made it more realistic and implode another building to damage the people mover.

In any event, I wonder if it is that safe to drop a 23 ton car near that many extras.

The people mover explains why it was shot in Detroit, although nothing about that was said around here.

But maybe they could have made it more realistic and implode another building to damage the people mover.

In any event, I wonder if it is that safe to drop a 23 ton car near that many extras.

The people mover verifies that it was shot in Detroit, not why. If you look close in other clips there are faux Hong Kong trams,.

The why remains to be explained, probably $.

The people mover verifies that it was shot in Detroit, not why. If you look close in other clips there are faux Hong Kong trams,.

As I noted, some of it was filmed here, but you sure can't get a similar shot in Chicago of dropping a car next to as flimsy a means of transit. If dropped next to an L, it would look like Batman.

Why? Probably because they wanted a realistic view of a city blown to hell, and didn't even need to do any mock-ups for the set. Just set up a camera and start filming.

Why? Probably because they wanted a realistic view of a city blown to hell, and didn't even need to do any mock-ups for the set. Just set up a camera and start filming.

If anything, it shows that they're going to blur the lines a bit of which city is which like they did in Transformers 3 where the joint Autobot/US military base was hinted in that movie to be some imaginary location in Washington, DC when it was actually the old Main Post Office building here in Chicago and a battle scene seemingly near the Metra Electric/South Shore passenger rail tracks not far from Museum Campus was seen to be a similar looking location in a different city if you looked close enough at the mock up damaged passenger trains and surrounding buildings.

I'd wager that most movies are not filmed in the actual city in which they're supposedly set.

I've seen "New York" buses in Toronto, for example, waiting to be filmed for a movie.

Especially with Toronto, it is a tax deal. Blues Brothers II was filmed in Toronto but not about there.

I'd wager that most movies are not filmed in the actual city in which they're supposedly set.

I've seen "New York" buses in Toronto, for example, waiting to be filmed for a movie.

That goes without saying. And in addition to the tax issue that Busjack points out, I'd wager the post 9/11 security issue makes it even less likely that any battle scenes for any movie that the script calls to be in DC gets filmed in another city or is some way computer generated against a Washington back drop.

• 2 months later...

Oh, I see. I'm gonna miss these cars. I wonder which "L" line will the 2400s going to retired. Are they going to redo the red, white and blue color scheme on the sides and on front of them for the ceremony like they did to the 2200s? :mellow:

The 2200's never had a paint scheme but I do understand the question you were trying to ask though.

They were still changed cosmetically though, which I thought was pretty cool. Older pictures and videos of the 2200s show no hopper windows, darker frames around the cab windows (though it might be the quality of the older pictures), and backlit lighting.

Yes, they were. I also like the signage "Congress-Milwaukee A" and some older advertisements as well.

They were still changed cosmetically though, which I thought was pretty cool. Older pictures and videos of the 2200s show no hopper windows, darker frames around the cab windows (though it might be the quality of the older pictures), and backlit lighting.

If you go back up the topic, you'll note that was why I wasn't interested in the trip, because my belief was that the cars were screwed up in the rehab, whatever the operational reasons were for doing so.

I'm not sure that the frames around the cab windows were changed, but another more obvious thing is that originally the rest of the windows were "frameless" or "flush," instead of having the stainless frame when replaced with hopper window units.

On the other hand, other than having two series of striping before finally being stripped clean, and the red-white-and-blue cab ends coated gray, the 2400s are relatively unchanged, the differences being the seat inserts, having a fold up wheelchair position seat added, and the one operator changes. There might be something more subtle there, but I'm sure CTA doesn't have the money to restripe trains for a fan trip. Printing up a few fake route and advertising cards is comparatively cheap.