Newest Proposal to Close the Budget Gap

BusExpert32

I took the maybe only as referring to the bill, which the Tattler says is very maybe, despite Kevin O's bias toward anything to renew service. However, taking the same tack as sw about the significance of the photo, I take that as less maybe (in that Pace confirms that the state capital bill money still isn't there), but, of course, contingent on the first maybe. The state capital money was supposed to be for 60 footers, if you believe CTA.

As far as punting the concept around, there was the report a couple months ago about a bill to allow 5307 money to be used for operating, but nothing said recently at least here about its status.

If you restore service, that would be great, no lie. But you might be able to get away with some Flxibles for the time being (if money is available, you can replace them with newer ones). I'd say invest in 60 footers to at least alleviate potential overcrowding those cuts made in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure many of us on here have heard snippets about the Blago trial, but this clip really hurts, especially to those who relied on the faster Express service, the later service, and most importantly, the 1,100 CTA workers who are wondering when they'll see a paycheck again from a steady job(unemployment isn't forever as my brother was denied an extension after just 6 months on unemployment).

He [blagojevich] said on the tape, "now's the time to put my f---ing wife and children first for a change." He then lashes his frustrations out on his constituents on the day Barack Obama was elected president: "I f---ing busted my ass and p--- people off and gave your grandmother a f-----' ride on a bus. Okay? I gave your f---ing baby a chance to have health care. I fought every one of those a-------... and what do I get for that? Only 13 percent of you all out there think I'm doing a good job. So f--k all of you!"

This f----- needs to spend the maximum allowed behind bars, and I hope the Jury and Judge realizes this after the trial concludes. Blago, IMO and others who were affected by your a------- decisions, you're already Guilty! Jail is your next stop, and doors open on the RIGHT at Jail!!!

I had p.m.ed sw about this last night. I'm not sure about whether all the effects can be attributed to Free Rides, but apparently 1/3 of them can.

I had ended that e-mail with "Of course, Quinn says that this was good public policy."

Whether the jury convicts Blago is left to be seen, although my opinion is that while Greenlee's testimony started off slow, and the early bloggers said "what's illegal" with the first part of it, the concluding clip for this week sure shows what Blago's criminal motivation was. However, since I have previously pointed out that Quinn, Cullerton, and Hendon colluded to make sure that a repeal did not pass this session, one should seriously consider voting for their opponents, where one can.

The CTA Tattler had a post, based on Crain's, about Quinn's apparent duplicity with regard to funding transit capital. I think those of you who are concerned about that should read that post and my comment to it.

I commented on another Chicago Now blog that I know that my vote doesn't mean squat, but if those advocating for transit would coalesce around these points, maybe something would happen. Or maybe the f'n voters in Illinois are getting what they deserve.

Is there any news on service being restored or any more talk of the transportation bill being approved?

If you are talking about the one about $2 billion in emergency funding for operating, the bill status is here. Apparently still in committee and no progress reflected. Clicking on links there, apparently a related House Bill, essentially to the same effect, is also in committee.

(Someone else had p.m.ed me about that earlier, which is why I can quickly get you the link.)

You forgot. " Transfer to Pink Line trains for Testosterol Verility at Jail. Crying not permitted on (running a ) train.

Geez, he apparently lives a block from the blanking Brown Line, but never used it. I remember all the stories the day after conviction on impeachment the bodyguards taking the child seats out of the state black SUVs.

If you are talking about the one about $2 billion in emergency funding for operating, the bill status is here. Apparently still in committee and no progress reflected. Clicking on links there, apparently a related House Bill, essentially to the same effect, is also in committee.

(Someone else had p.m.ed me about that earlier, which is why I can quickly get you the link.)

So with so many people laid off who will be driving these buses? Is there any plan they are putting together to get the laid off workers back to work?

So with so many people laid off who will be driving these buses? Is there any plan they are putting together to get the laid off workers back to work?

Since the links I posted indicated that the bill was stuck in committee, what makes you think there are any buses to drive?

If this were a priority in Congress, it would have been sent to the floor quickly. 1-1/2 months later, it hasn't.

Since the links I posted indicated that the bill was stuck in committee, what makes you think there are any buses to drive?

If this were a priority in Congress, it would have been sent to the floor quickly. 1-1/2 months later, it hasn't.

You are so right! I guess I didnt think about that point especially considering they had to bring some idle buses back out because of the shortage of buses. However, I have heard that just like them getting new trains they are suppose to be getting new buses also. However, Busjack, I for a good reason go by a lot of things you say because you do be on point with everything! However, in the news they are reporting that cta has been granted the money already from the bill! But no need to say that since you have provided exact details on what is going on!