February System Pick

New Flyer

What do the folks working in communications have to do with it? I specifically said "ask Rich Rodriguez" for a reason.

Aren't people in communications supposed to communicate stuff to the public? Doesn't Rodriguez have Sheila and Crew write something up? It doesn't seem like Rich has the PowerPoint skills Ron (or his amazing rotating staff) had.

Maybe Rodriguez can explain the 55 being supplemented by X54 posting, too.

Aren't people in communications supposed to communicate stuff to the public? Doesn't Rodriguez have Sheila and Crew write something up? It doesn't seem like Rich has the PowerPoint skills Ron (or his amazing rotating staff) had.

Maybe Rodriguez can explain the 55 being supplemented by X54 posting, too.

Which is my point. Things that are to be communicated to the public should be COMPLETELY and ACCURATELY communicated. I shouldn't need to ask Rodriguez a detail that should be communicated in the first place. We haven't been seeing that lately. Outside of what I brought up about the 151 Howard trips or what Busjack found with that 55 posting, there are other instances where they've been putting up posts that are grossly not proofread for accuracy or so badly worded you can't make heads or tails of them. I've been finding way too many detour notices where I'm sitting there saying to myself 'What?' because the directions of the detour are so badly jumbled. Not trying to step on anyone's toes but if I'm being hit twice in the pocket as a taxpayer and a paying customer, I think I'm inclined to expect a lot more than the lackluster job they've been doing lately on communicating things.

Problem with the runs it seems. As of right now the pick at Chicago and Forest Glen has been cancelled. Supposed to be re-scheduled to Saturday....this is all I currently know.

They'd better figure something out since as it stands, the push for the cuts is still on.

interesting site today on the 50 I saw a new flyer running the route. i was behind it so i was not able to catch the garage it came from, all i got was the bus number 14xx cant remember the last 2 numbers. have they started transitioning duties already?

Well, the other issue is the layoff issue is in arbitration. Your's truely is one of the slated for layoff so keep your fingers crossed the arbitrator rules for CTA.

I agree. This is one time Cta needs to flex to their muscle at the Atu, ... and work in the PTBO's favor for once.

*Fingers, & toes crossed* for both and all of us!

• Upvote 1

Well, the other issue is the layoff issue is in arbitration. Your's truely is one of the slated for layoff so keep your fingers crossed the arbitrator rules for CTA.

Maybe you can explain your logic behind this one. I assume that if CTA wins, half of those who got layoff notices get laid off. If the union wins, at least the layoff sequence has to be redone. If there is some other basis for the grievance, please let us know.

I do hope it works out for you and any others on the forum slated for layoff. This is one time when I think the union is doing more harm to its members than helping them. Yes I understand that a union that has to show that it won't let an employer steamroll right over it, but taking into account almost 1100 members could lose their jobs in less than two weeks the grandstanding now is ill timed.

interesting site today on the 50 I saw a new flyer running the route. i was behind it so i was not able to catch the garage it came from, all i got was the bus number 14xx cant remember the last 2 numbers. have they started transitioning duties already?

I think that one was one of the NP school trippers. The 50 IIRC from another post is slated to transition back to Kedzie Garage.

The cta website now has advance copies of nearly all timetables for the reduced service:-

http://www.transitch...timetables.aspx

At least looking at 8 (for the reason there was the talk about it being split with 74) there are a few Root-Halsted and Orange Line starts indicated, but not the large number of trips from the south side ending at UIC-Blue Line. Hence, whatever the deadhead rationale was in moving it from 74th to K, it seems in large part undone now. Since the last trips end at 1:14 or 1:30, it seems like that route is still going pretty far into the night.

I probably have to wait until the weekend to analyze others for any tidbits.

Looking at the 80 already, there are going to be several short-turns at the blue line, as opposed to sending every bus to Harlem.

And the 94: Are some of those buses (the last few buses of the night) suggest they are now a Chicago Garage bus?

Edit: I think there's a lot of short-turning with some of these routes...

Looking at the 80 already, there are going to be several short-turns at the blue line, as opposed to sending every bus to Harlem.

And the 94: Are some of those buses (the last few buses of the night) suggest they are now a Chicago Garage bus?

Edit: I think there's a lot of short-turning with some of these routes...

94 according to another post is supposed to get split between Chicago and 74th. Sounds like those last trips are Chicago runs.

I noticed that the 62 will have some weekday am rush trips that start at Clark/Archer and from the looks of it for the 82 the late evening trips are Kedzie runs because all the pullins at night, shown on the schedule anyway, end at Homan/Jackson. Looking at the 12 it looks like the resources that got added when the 127 was cut are what got trimmed on that route because the intervals will basically be what they were before 127 bit the dust. Looks like there will only be 3 or 4 (can't remember which) weekday hospital trips EB on the 126 and only one WB.

Maybe you can explain your logic behind this one. I assume that if CTA wins, half of those who got layoff notices get laid off. If the union wins, at least the layoff sequence has to be redone. If there is some other basis for the grievance, please let us know.

CTA is trying to lay off some part time and some full time operators, with no regard to seniority or that part timers technically acrue none.

An arbitrator is scheduled to rule on this tommorow, so I guess we will see.

I noticed that the 62 will have some weekday am rush trips that start at Clark/Archer and from the looks of it for the 82 the late evening trips are Kedzie runs because all the pullins at night, shown on the schedule anyway, end at Homan/Jackson. Looking at the 12 it looks like the resources that got added when the 127 was cut are what got trimmed on that route because the intervals will basically be what they were before 127 bit the dust. Looks like there will only be 3 or 4 (can't remember which) weekday hospital trips EB on the 126 and only one WB.

The 82 was the first one I looked at and noticed the same. All the pullouts and pullins start and end at Jackson. I assume the only NP trips will be the present two school trips that start from Northside College and Von Steuben High School both ending at Congress to deadhead to the loop for a northbound rush trip. Did we have wrong info regarding the split here?

I noticed on the 21 Cermak schedule that most short runs are from Cermak/Pulaski, as opposed to now Cermak/Western, or as would be implied if it were being assigned to K, Cermak/Kedzie, which is still a timepoint. An indication that it is being assigned to C?

No Pulaski is just easier for 21 Cermak buses to pull in to the garage because they can just take Odgen northeast to the Kedzie garage. At least, that's how it was when the 21 was assigned to Kedzie before.

• Upvote 1

No Pulaski is just easier for 21 Cermak buses to pull in to the garage because they can just take Odgen northeast to the Kedzie garage. At least, that's how it was when the 21 was assigned to Kedzie before.

As for looking at the new #126 Jackson schedule, I noticed that some early morning trips will begin eastbound at Jackson/Cicero at 4:38am, 4:58am, 5:18am, 5:32am, and 5:46am. Any idea what that would mean? Would it still be Kedzie taking care of those trips or Chicago?

As for looking at the new #126 Jackson schedule, I noticed that some early morning trips will begin eastbound at Jackson/Cicero at 4:38am, 4:58am, 5:18am, 5:32am, and 5:46am. Any idea what that would mean? Would it still be Kedzie taking care of those trips or Chicago?

I would think not as the regular running time between Kedzie and Cicero at that time is 8 minutes. They probably deadhead in less time. A small deadhead time compared to some of the other routes.

This is true, and the WB short trips ended at Cermak/Kedzie. As far as those Cicero trips on the 126, there are Cicero trips now and as far as I remember those are Kedzie run, so the ones on the new schedule don't necessarily indicate anything. And on the 82, it could be that NP will have its runs on the route in the earlier part of the day and those short runs from when they're done may not stand out in the schedule. They could be imbedded within the 'and then buses operate every xx mins until' part of the schedule like the early short turns are now. From what I saw in the 12 schedule that it basically goes back to it's previous intervals before the 127 got asked, Kedzie will still need what help it can with getting 21, 50 and 60 back in the fold and picking up 62. Just as NP is still going to need help with the Lake Shore routes despite folks advocating that it get complete assignment back on all the 140s. Just turning over part of the Evanston work isn't going to be enough when it's also going to share 49 again like it did before that route went to Archer. Even sharing with 74th, the route by its length alone will need a good amount of buses. Sure 145 goes to 20 min intervals off peak weekdays, but a fair number of buses will still be needed in rush hour when intervals drop back down and 135, 136, 143, 144 and 148 kick back in. I don't see how NP can do it alone at that point. Somehow I think there's more jostling in Kedzie and NP's work when the cuts begin that may not be accounted for. Just as 8, 49, 82 and 94 will have to be shared, in the very least the 140s will need to be shared in the rush periods at least from how new schedules read. It was stated in someone's post that there's going to be a lot of sharing going on which would have to the case. Some of us may just be seeing what we want to see instead of how it needs to be to accommodate going down to seven garages from the current eight.