CTA Bus Rapid Transit (take two)

BusHunter

Jeffery Jump Service Brochure was just uploaded this moring on the Jump webpage. Looks like Monday November 12th, 2012 is the date that the J14 (Jeffery Jump) will make it's debut

http://www.transitchicago.com/travel_information/alert_detail.aspx?AlertId=16228

And they will definitely have a wrapped Jump bus for the press conference. It's just a question of how many wrapped buses will there be in total? Or how many can they get by with before new buses arrive?

And they will definitely have a wrapped Jump bus for the press conference. It's just a question of how many wrapped buses will there be in total? Or how many can they get by with before new buses arrive?

We'll find out and see on November 12th, 2012 but my question is will the press conference be on the launch date or will there be a soft launch with the official press conference coming later on that week or even later.

We'll find out and see on November 12th, 2012 but my question is will the press conference be on the launch date or will there be a soft launch with the official press conference coming later on that week or even later.

Probably on the launch date. I don't know if the buses will have the interior Bustracker signs. Seems like they may not have enough time to do that. They may just come out and announce, "but we will be receiving buses with this technology".

Probably on the launch date. I don't know if the buses will have the interior Bustracker signs. Seems like they may not have enough time to do that. They may just come out and announce, "but we will be receiving buses with this technology".

Has a press conference been confirmed? After all, questions were raised about the tweet.

Embedded by Kevin here.

The references to questions about the tweet referred to Sam's posts, starting here, that he subsequently rode the bus and it was not wrapped.

Thanks for the clarification. I had looked back in the thread, but only at all the posts on the two last pages. Apparently, I didn't go back far enough (to September). I thought there was some new reference I had missed.

Thanks for the clarification. I had looked back in the thread, but only at all the posts on the two last pages. Apparently, I didn't go back far enough (to September). I thought there was some new reference I had missed.

Knowing that it was embedded as "art," I kept clicking until I saw it. :lol:

Well if the 12th is the start date then it must not take all that long to install the onboard bus trackers because it means they only have a little over a week to get the buses used prepared for service. Eight more days in fact.

The bus trackers won't be ready at launch or the jump traffic signal, the signal wont be r ready until early 2013, but the tracker should be sooner

The bus trackers won't be ready at launch or the jump traffic signal, the signal wont be r ready until early 2013, but the tracker should be sooner

Has the road been painted for the BRT lane? Or has the bus shelter at 71st been built or even started? Anyone know who has been out that way? If not this may be BRT super lite. :lol:

Has the road been painted for the BRT lane? Or has the bus shelter at 71st been built or even started? Anyone know who has been out that way? If not this may be BRT super lite. :lol:

IDK about the lanes, but the station on 71st is complete, can't wait til they post the Timetable for the J14

• Upvote 1

In that CDOT said it would not be done at the commencement, that is an improvement.

The lanes are painted, the shelters are built along with the showcase station at 71st being almost completed (can't say for the one on Paxton; I only ride to 93rd) and they started putting up signs for over the rode to designate when the lanes are bus only. Only thing missing are the kiosks. Also on a side note the new Jump service is now in blue lettering on bus stops instead of the red of the soon-to-be former Jeffery Express

Edited by Sam92

The lanes are painted, the shelters are built along with the showcase station at 71st being almost completed (can't say for the one on Paxton; I only ride to 93rd) and they started putting up signs for over the rode to designate when the lanes are bus only. Only thing missing are the kiosks. Also on a side note the new Jump service is now in blue lettering on bus stops instead of the red of the soon-to-be former Jeffery Express

Coming back from South Holland, I traced Jeffery from 103rd.

At 100th-Paxton, the only construction was that they were excavating and sewer pipe was on the parkway. Maybe that's the first step.

The only thing distinctive south of 95th were that the northbound bus shelters at Jump stops (appeared to be the standard J.C. Decaux ones) had the LED BusTracker displays, but that also seemed typical north of there. The BusTrackers were showing both 14 to Jefferson and 15 to 47-Red Line.

Also, while "Bus Lane" (or as I take it "Lane Bus") was on the right lane, there was not distinctive painting of the lane, like in the New York SBS examples (such as the image here).

BTW, the "demonstration station" is north of 71st.